PDA

View Full Version : Nice Tokyo job opportunity

martin
May 22nd, 2014, 18:01
Hello ITIL,

I wanted to apply for JET in 2012 and lurked around ITIL leading up to November but ended up not applying and instead coming to Tokyo to find work. I found the information here really useful and hope that I can return the favour.

I work for a small real estate company – not like Sakura or LeoPalace – in Tokyo that leases apartments and guesthouse rooms to foreigners or Japanese. I’m posting this in the hope that there is somebody here – or somebody who knows somebody – looking for work in Tokyo that falls outside the eikaiwa/ALT ghetto.

I am not a recruiter: I work at this company, enjoy the work a lot and am happy to answer any questions about the company and the position on PM. The position is for a full-time sales staff member. The hours are 9.30-6.30 or 10.00-7.00 five days per week. The salary is on par with what you’d get in a decent eikaiwa or ALT position and there is the possibility of earning a bonus each month if you close enough contracts.

The duties are quite varied…it’s largely a mix of administrative work and light handyman tasks. You spend a lot of time driving so an international permit or Japanese license is a necessity. You need to be able to speak English well and be willing to learn basic Japanese; the ability to speak other languages is considered an advantage.

For mine the best things about the job are exploring Tokyo by car and working as part of an international team…there’s an interesting dynamic as the sales staff are all from different countries and the backhouse staff are all Japanese. If you want to learn or practice Japanese – or other languages – it’s a great opportunity to get paid to do this.

The company is looking for an open-minded, enthusiastic and honest person. It's not important to have sales experience; much more important to be good at working in a team and willing to learn. If this opportunity takes your interest, or if you know somebody who you think would be interested, don’t hesitate to get in touch with me on the PM.

Martin

Teishou
May 23rd, 2014, 11:18
Damn, I wish this was later in the year when I could actually apply...

martin
May 23rd, 2014, 12:43
Teishou, the timing is not ideal for current JETs but do keep this in mind if you are looking for something later in the year; we’re hiring now but will also need to replace a leaving staff member later this year. PM me any time for more information or to set up an interview.

And if you know of anybody looking right now please get in touch for my email address!

Martin

AOTP
May 28th, 2014, 03:19
Teishou, the timing is not ideal for current JETs but do keep this in mind if you are looking for something later in the year; we’re hiring now but will also need to replace a leaving staff member later this year. PM me any time for more information or to set up an interview.

And if you know of anybody looking right now please get in touch for my email address!

Martin

I am VERRY interested, could you PM me your email address?

martin
May 28th, 2014, 11:12
Sure thing

TheDoctor
May 28th, 2014, 13:19
Sure thing

Hi Martin, I will be sending you a PM :D

TakaTakata
June 3rd, 2014, 18:58
Hello Martin, I was told about this post by a JET friend in Yokohama and I'd love to have more details. Still haven't entered all my info, but I'm married to a Japanese, and can speak French and English seamlessly, as well as basic Japanese. The driver's license is on its way as I'm from Canada and don't need to pass all the tests.

Any open position still?

martin
June 6th, 2014, 09:43
Hi TakaTakata,

There is still an opening - will get in touch on PM later today.

Martin