PDA

View Full Version : UK JET's - Incomplete Medical Forms

majorpeebly
May 24th, 2014, 04:45
Hi there,

I was browsing the JET twitter this evening hoping to find out when I'd get my placement, but I came across an update they posted on the 15th:

"We have received a large number of incomplete Health Forms. Please ensure ALL parts of the form are complete before sending to the JET Desk"

Naturally that got me panicking about my form and if it was filled in right. A few questions in regards to this:

If the form is not complete, do the JET desk contact you/ have you been contacted?

If I called the JET desk would they disclosed if my form was complete or not?

Worst part is I can't ring them up until Tuesday because of the bank holiday!

Thanks in advance for any answers I get!

uzateq
May 24th, 2014, 04:56
I emailed earlier this week for this exact reason. They told me they'd have let me know if there was an issue. So I wouldn't worry if I were you.

majorpeebly
May 24th, 2014, 05:59
Thanks for that, it's a load of my mind! I'll still call anyway because I'm super paranoid about these things, but now I won't be fretting all weekend!

uzateq
May 24th, 2014, 06:07
Yeah, I don't blame you for wanting to make sure. FYI if you'd prefer to email, it only took a couple of hours for a reply. Possibly even as little as an hour. They've got their shit together at the embassy in terms of replying to emails. Not so much with giving us our placement info... I think I'm just bitter atm.

sharpinthefang
May 24th, 2014, 06:16
They emailed me regarding mine, all it was missing was my x-ray number even through my results are clear... picky b*stards... I used the contact to withdraw my app though as i have been accepted with Interac

majorpeebly
May 24th, 2014, 06:18
I heard there was some sort of problem with the paperwork that means we're finding our placements really late?

I've been getting excited everytime I get an email and I get all excited only to find it's from Amazon. I'm even checking my spam folder.

But the good news is a Nigerian prince wants to give me 1 million pounds! All I have to do is transfer him £500 in order for him to transfer me the million. Why would a important email like that get put in spam? :P

majorpeebly
May 24th, 2014, 06:30
Thanks for the heads up by the way sharpinthefang. That does sound picky, but it worked out for you in the end at least! :)

Moso
May 25th, 2014, 00:17
I rang them about the same thing and the woman on the phone was able to easily check whether my form was complete (it was, thankfully.) She also said that if there was a problem they would have contacted you, but if you want to double-check then there's no harm in calling the JET desk!

uzateq
May 27th, 2014, 02:33
but he gave me the skinny! Trini in Tokyo!!!

Are you speaking English?

Also, wrong thread.

Perestroika84
May 27th, 2014, 03:48
Are you speaking English?

Also, wrong thread.

Thanks for the head's up!!!! Yup, all English, with some informal syntax and slang. No need for 'tude.

uzateq
May 27th, 2014, 04:52
I didn't mean to sound like a douche... It was more of a 'what does skinny and trini mean?' kind of question.

therealwindycity
May 27th, 2014, 08:17
I thought "I got the skinny on --" was a fairly common expression?

uzateq
May 27th, 2014, 15:58
Not where I'm from... Never heard it in my life.

SomePeopleJustSaySnow
May 27th, 2014, 16:07

Got the what what? You might have to explain this one for me...

Teishou
May 27th, 2014, 16:09

It's old...and used to be common. I haven't actually heard that in ten years or so...

sharpinthefang
May 27th, 2014, 16:26
Not where I'm from... Never heard it in my life.
Ditto

uzateq
May 27th, 2014, 16:50
Good... I thought I was gonna look like a sheltered Brit with no knowledge of 'hip' modern slang.

I'm thinking it means getting information. Fucking brightspark over here.

therealwindycity
May 27th, 2014, 22:35
Yeah that's what it means. I was just saying that I got what Perestroika84 meant