PDA

View Full Version : Any current CIRs out there? KEIGO!

katharine
May 23rd, 2004, 04:35
I was wondering if there are any CIRs currently in Japan on here. I was curious as to what sort of work environment we future CIRs can expect. Do you use keigo up the yin yang, or is it pretty casual? I know ESID, but any thoughts would be appreciated! :)

downonrodeo
May 23rd, 2004, 20:24
何でも場合には敬語をご採用になるべきだと思っております。

:twisted: :twisted:

j/k, I'm an incoming ALT, so no idea really. Although there is a textbook for CIRs out there, it sets out a lot of office situations and respective suggested phrases.

yakipurinzuki
May 28th, 2004, 12:41
Hey I'm an incoming CIR too.
I don't know what will happen but I expect to rapidly learn some kimari monku to use in business situations and I think they'll be understanding if our keigo is not perfect. I do hope to really have keigo drilled into me though. I've learned it like 3 times in Japanese classes but always forget right after the exam since I never use it. On a side note I plan to take the JLPT in December.

IdleDragon
January 29th, 2005, 15:39
Yeah they teach you in Japanese class but you never get the chance to use it and Ive forgotten it 3 times too. My Japanese friends say they don't really know it until they start work and get into the habit of using it.
MB thats BS and its just their Japanese kenson thing but I dread trying to trot it out for my CIR interview.