PDA

View Full Version : Pro Betting

SomePeopleJustSaySnow
July 13th, 2014, 09:28
Blog by CMcGeorge. Does ITIL have a very low-achieving spambot? Or does this guy really just want to tell us about betting practices the day he joins without making any other posts?

Edit: Oh, there are actually two of them. Although the no-fuss vertical jump systems one was more interesting, on balance.

Ini
July 14th, 2014, 08:07
its spambottastic. Good to see antonath being his usual effective self....

Antonath
July 14th, 2014, 08:37
its spambottastic. Good to see antonath being his usual effective self....
Now dealt with.

Ini
July 14th, 2014, 08:38
need to light a fire under you to get anything done round here.

SomePeopleJustSaySnow
July 14th, 2014, 08:46
Thanks Antonath! I get the shakes if I can't instantly access a mothy blog with a single click.

Ini
July 15th, 2014, 08:07
I'm starting to think antonath is behind these spambots....

SomePeopleJustSaySnow
July 15th, 2014, 08:23
It's his revenge.

SomePeopleJustSaySnow
July 15th, 2014, 08:53
Blogs again.

Ini
July 15th, 2014, 12:28
Ciertos puntos potentes de GRAND THEFT AUTO Saga - Blogs - ITIL JET Programme / Japan Forum (http://www.ithinkimlost.com/blogs/fabascal/25-ciertos-puntos-potentes-de-grand-theft-auto-saga.html)

I didnt know antonath spoke spanish? How much are you getting from all this?

mothy
July 15th, 2014, 13:37
Is this where we go to bet on ITIL?

SomePeopleJustSaySnow
July 15th, 2014, 14:10
Ciertos puntos potentes de GRAND THEFT AUTO Saga - Blogs - ITIL JET Programme / Japan Forum (http://www.ithinkimlost.com/blogs/fabascal/25-ciertos-puntos-potentes-de-grand-theft-auto-saga.html)

I didnt know antonath spoke spanish? How much are you getting from all this?

Damn, I missed that one. He's a clever one, that Antonath...

Beer Baron
July 16th, 2014, 01:42
There appears to be an influx of spammers recently. I'm just after deleting a few myself.

Ini
July 16th, 2014, 08:07
a noble effort but antonaths onslaught is relentless

The Reality Regarding Hand Lotion Dried-Out Skin - Blogs - ITIL JET Programme / Japan Forum (http://www.ithinkimlost.com/blogs/l07t/27-reality-regarding-hand-lotion-dried-out-skin.html)

SomePeopleJustSaySnow
July 16th, 2014, 08:28
He's just trying to educate us, cut him some slack.

Ananasboat
July 16th, 2014, 08:31
Look, I found a great place to buy ketamine LEGALLY, YO! I know it's not a scam because I read it here.

SomePeopleJustSaySnow
July 16th, 2014, 09:20
On a serious note, are the mods and BeerBaron just going to have to run around clearing this stuff up for the foreseeable future or is there some kind of short term fix?

Ini
July 16th, 2014, 09:29
At the risk of being unpopular we could just drop the blog section. We would miss out on mothys masterpieces but nobody else seems to use it

SomePeopleJustSaySnow
July 16th, 2014, 09:39
But is it better to have them infest the blog section or take it to the main boards with multiple newly created topics?

mothy
July 16th, 2014, 11:17
At the risk of being unpopular we could just drop the blog section. We would miss out on mothys masterpieces but nobody else seems to use it

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Ini
July 16th, 2014, 11:34
antonath is at it again!!! Jesus man let it go, I dont want to visit your online drug store

Beer Baron
July 16th, 2014, 21:34
Ok, I've updated the permissions on the New user (users being moderated) user group. They can not longer post on blogs, or visitor messages, or use signatures.

SomePeopleJustSaySnow
July 25th, 2014, 21:02
Seems to have worked so far. Thanks Beer Baron!

Beer Baron
July 25th, 2014, 22:55
Great :)

SomePeopleJustSaySnow
September 24th, 2014, 14:47
Two months spambot-free, but I still notice a hell of a lot of new users signing up and then never posting. Are these enthusiastic spambots that then aren't allowed to comment because of BB and his iron fist, or just a host of shy lurkers?

Beer Baron
September 24th, 2014, 15:55
A lot of them appear to have the same format of capital initial followed by a surname. Not a lot we can do about people creating accounts beyond the usual capcha check

SomePeopleJustSaySnow
September 24th, 2014, 15:58
A lot of them appear to have the same format of capital initial followed by a surname. Not a lot we can do about people creating accounts beyond the usual capcha check

Do they try and do anything, or are they just created and then abandoned?

(if you know, of course)

Antonath
September 24th, 2014, 16:18
Most of them aren't trying to post, from what I've seen. 95% of what comes up for moderation is approved.

SomePeopleJustSaySnow
September 24th, 2014, 16:20
Most of them aren't trying to post, from what I've seen. 95% of what comes up for moderation is approved.

Curiouser and curiouser, said Alice.