PDA

View Full Version : Places actually worth visiting while you are in Japan

Jiggit
July 16th, 2014, 11:13
Just like the other thread I made recently, I thought it would be cool if we could recommend some places for new people to visit in Japan that might not be so well known.

I'll start with the hiking trail in Nagano along the old postal road between Kyoto and Edo, called the 中山道(nakasendou).

Kiso Valley Travel: Magome-Tsumago Trail (http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6078.html)

Kiso Valley – Hiking the Nakasendo | Okonomiyaki (http://beyondboulder.wordpress.com/2009/06/01/kiso-valley-hiking-the-nakasendo/)

Nice place to go if you're fairly new to Japan; the 民宿(minshuku - inns) are pretty affordable, very foreigner friendly and in the places we went the food was good quality. It's not completely off the beaten path but it feels quite old-fashioned rustic and the trail itself is pretty relaxing and scenic.

Ini
July 16th, 2014, 11:19

BeckyJones
July 16th, 2014, 11:56
Shibuya,
Kusatsu, Gunma. (onsen)
Myoko, Niigata (skiing)
Himeji-jo
Osaka,
Kyoto,
Kumamoto
Kanazawa
Sapporo
Aomori

Jiggit
July 16th, 2014, 12:27
Shibuya,
Kusatsu, Gunma. (onsen)
Myoko, Niigata (skiing)
Himeji-jo
Osaka,
Kyoto,
Kumamoto
Kanazawa
Sapporo
Aomori

Was hoping for at least a little explanation or detail and less obvious suggestions...

ihatefall
July 16th, 2014, 12:31
Was hoping for at least a little explanation or detail and less obvious suggestions...

Ini, care to explain?

(Ps this made me lol so hard I had to leave the office.)

mothy
Aomori isn't obvious. In fact I've been there and I still have no idea why anyone would recommend it.

Ini

BambooTelegraph
July 16th, 2014, 12:39
Nihonkai Club in Ishikawa (http://www.nihonkai-club.com/index.shtml)

Ini
July 16th, 2014, 12:42

ihatefall
July 16th, 2014, 13:09
That is by far the nicest Hub I have ever seen

word
July 16th, 2014, 13:17
Yeah, usually they're crammed full of sweaty gaijin.

Ini
July 16th, 2014, 13:20

ihatefall
July 16th, 2014, 13:20
Yeah, usually they're crammed full of sweaty gaijin.

And on the B2 floor of some shoddy building

ihatefall
July 16th, 2014, 13:21

Gas panic! Best place to go to take of all your STD needs in one go.

Ini
July 16th, 2014, 13:23

mrcharisma
July 16th, 2014, 13:25
http://www.eok.jp/content/directory/rose-and-crown-shiodome/images/topbanner.jpg

BeckyJones
July 16th, 2014, 13:27
Shibuya = it's Tokyo, it's famous and its iconic to the city. Sure you can visit other places in Tokyo, but nothing beats walking around a place that you've seen in all those movies. Plus, it is fun to people watch and see the beautiful dance of a billion people and no one interacting with each other.
Kusatsu, Gunma. (onsen) Onsen are great. But I havn't been to a better onsen than this one. I recommend you go during the winter. There is something primal about sitting in a hot spring that smells of rotten eggs and snow falling all around you. Also, if you have bad skin. One trip to Kusatsu can fix that shit.
Myoko, Niigata (skiing) They usually have pretty good packages and are group friendly. Of course there are better skiing places, and better places But for an overall ski experience Myoko is pretty great. Also, you can get Ramen halfway down the mountain. NOW THAT IS STYLE
Himeji-jo - World herritage bla bla bla. OR one of the prettiest castles and examples of Japanese culture. Who gives a shit about world herritage, its pretty!
Osaka... no explanation needed. Its the big O
Kyoto... do you like Japanese culture? no? too bad, everyone should go to Kyoto.
Kumamoto. Another castle like himeji, if going north is too far and hard, i recommend kumamoto
Kanazawa. It's kinda like Kyoto, just with less people and more boring. Off the beaten path
Sapporo. Snow festival, or just go for food
Aomori, nature bitches... enjoy that shit.
edited

Ini
July 16th, 2014, 13:28

therealwindycity
July 16th, 2014, 13:28
I have yet to hear a convincing reason why I'm supposed to like Osaka.

Ini
July 16th, 2014, 13:29
its tokyo for chavs and JETs are all scum - a marriage made in heaven

ihatefall
July 16th, 2014, 13:39

It has a fairly large gay area and a few bathhouses.....

therealwindycity
July 16th, 2014, 13:42
Just like the other thread I made recently, I thought it would be cool if we could recommend some places for new people to visit in Japan that might not be so well known.

I'll start with the hiking trail in Nagano along the old postal road between Kyoto and Edo, called the 中山道(nakasendou).

Kiso Valley Travel: Magome-Tsumago Trail (http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6078.html)

Kiso Valley – Hiking the Nakasendo | Okonomiyaki (http://beyondboulder.wordpress.com/2009/06/01/kiso-valley-hiking-the-nakasendo/)

Nice place to go if you're fairly new to Japan; the 民宿(minshuku - inns) are pretty affordable, very foreigner friendly and in the places we went the food was good quality. It's not completely off the beaten path but it feels quite old-fashioned rustic and the trail itself is pretty relaxing and scenic.

I was just looking at info about Kiso other day - I think I'm going to try to go there this fall!

I really like northern Hyogo - if you have a car, you can visit some not-nearly-as-crowded-as-the-rest-of-Kansai beaches, Kinosaki onsen, the Tajima Daibutsu at Chorakuji, and a ton of steak restaurants since that's where most "Kobe" beef is actually raised, plus you're not too far from Amanohashidate in northern Kyoto.

therealwindycity
July 16th, 2014, 13:43
bathhouses

Please, sir! I am a lady!

ihatefall
July 16th, 2014, 13:48
Please, sir! I am a lady!

Oh, many pardons.

(If there were straight bathrooms, I would have been all over that!)

Have you noticed that in 2chome, everyone is welcome in the gay bars, but at the lesbian bars it's girls only.....

Sexist pigs.

dialogue
July 16th, 2014, 14:15
Naruto in Tokushima (Shikoku) was really nice. It has whirlpools (pretty), Tokushima ramen (tasty), and Ootsuka Museum, which houses ceramic copies of famous paintings that otherwise you may never see. The museum is massive; I was in there for about four hours.

Kami in Kochi is fun. You can go spelunking and there is an Anpanman museum.

ihatefall
July 16th, 2014, 14:37
I am going out that way this summer I will check it out.

I like Naoshima, art and sculptures all over the island. The reformed art houses are cool too.

There is also a nice small beach on the back side.

mrcharisma
July 16th, 2014, 15:56

What parts have you been to?

I've never known an ALT to venture outside of Namba or Shinsaibashi. Umeda is much nicer and has more varied things to do.

mothy
July 16th, 2014, 16:05
Osaka is awful all over.

therealwindycity
July 16th, 2014, 16:16
What parts have you been to?

I've never known an ALT to venture outside of Namba or Shinsaibashi. Umeda is much nicer and has more varied things to do.

ihatefall
July 16th, 2014, 16:19

Haha

webstaa
July 17th, 2014, 08:11
The Osaka bike tour is pretty good - so long as you get a road bike and not some shitty mamachari...

tealparadise
July 17th, 2014, 08:33
Shibuya,
Kusatsu, Gunma. (onsen)
Myoko, Niigata (skiing)
Himeji-jo
Osaka,
Kyoto,
Kumamoto
Kanazawa
Sapporo
Aomori

Oh jesus christ you nearly gave me a heart attack. Then I remembered that other people can actually leave this hellhole, which lends it a certain snowy charm.

hydroflames
July 17th, 2014, 08:34
Miyajima, the small island off Hiroshima, is beautiful and my favorite place in Japan.
The deer that live on the island are less aggressive than the ones in Nara and if you go during high tide, the shrine looks like it floats on water.

Worth a look! (http://visit-miyajima-japan.com/en/)

tealparadise
July 17th, 2014, 08:44
The new shinkansen line is going to finally bring Kanazawa into the 21st century, so you'd better go before it becomes Kyoto-ized.

If you're into Chaya districts, it's great. Like, so great that when I went to Gion it was just like "Ummmm are they shitting me with this tourist crap?"

Seriously. The trains to Kanazawa suck, so they've not changed any of the old stuff to appeal to tourists. And the old Geisha house / Chaya is totally worth the entrance fee. Get tea downstairs and then go up and see how these houses used to be run.

Antonath
July 17th, 2014, 08:48
Miyajima, the small island off Hiroshima, is beautiful and my favorite place in Japan.
The deer that live on the island are less aggressive than the ones in Nara and if you go during high tide, the shrine looks like it floats on water.

Worth a look! (http://visit-miyajima-japan.com/en/)
Miyajima is the only place I regret not making time to visit before I leave.

mothy
July 17th, 2014, 08:52
Meh. Miyajima is where I realized Japan isn't all that. It's one of the consensus "best places" but is boring as hell and not really that beautiful.
And hydroponic must have been high when she was there, the place just looks like it's in the water, not floating.

Kanazawa was pretty nice, but not worth the trip.

Ini
July 17th, 2014, 09:10
anything west of fuji isnt worth bothering with....

Gizmotech
July 17th, 2014, 09:18
Yamadera in Yamagata prefecture in Fall. One of the prettier mountain temples I have seen, and relatively accessible.

kurisu
July 17th, 2014, 09:38
Aomori isn't obvious. In fact I've been there and I still have no idea why anyone would recommend it.

You didn't go during Hanami then, because that is one of the best places (Hirosaki Castle) in Japan to enjoy it at.

Also, for onsen lovers, there are a few special onsen where they put Aomori apples in the onsen water for whatever whatever health effects. Interesting and unique to say the least, and great smell to boot.

mothy
July 17th, 2014, 09:58
You didn't go during Hanami then, because that is one of the best places (Hirosaki Castle) in Japan to enjoy it at.

Also, for onsen lovers, there are a few special onsen where they put Aomori apples in the onsen water for whatever whatever health effects. Interesting and unique to say the least, and great smell to boot.

Actually, it was during hanami, so don't you feel stupid. (probably not but you should) And I went to that silly castle, and guess what? It turns put a blossom looks like a blossom. The trees didn't bend over and give me a hummer, so I was not impressed.
Oh! Onsen! I can't get that every five meters in Japan. So special. If Aomori is a great place to visit then everywhere in Japan, except for Saitama, is a great place to visit.

Ini
July 17th, 2014, 10:13
Saitama is a great place to visit if you are into that sort of thing....
War Zone Tours | The original high risk tour operator (http://www.warzonetours.com/)

hydroflames
July 17th, 2014, 10:51
Nebuta in Aomori is pretty fucking awesome, too! (https://www.google.com.au/search?q=nebuta+festival&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=kSvHU-6SKJD-8QXiv4GoDA&sqi=2&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1143&bih=687&dpr=0.9#imgdii=_)

ihatefall
July 17th, 2014, 11:09
Koya-San is great too, but I went when I was a tourist, before I lived here so I don't know if it would still be as cool.

coop52
July 17th, 2014, 11:15
Vogel Park in Matsue was a pretty neat place to spend a couple of hours. The gardens are pretty nice and you can get plants to take home. There's all kinds of birds, and you can hold owls and feed toucans. They have a soba restaurant right on a big lake so you can watch the ducks and eat soba. I went right as the park opened, so there weren't many people there. I think it might not be as cool if it were crowded. I think it probably isn't worth making a trip out there just to see that, but it's worth a look if you're already in the area.

tealparadise
July 17th, 2014, 11:55
Meh. Miyajima is where I realized Japan isn't all that. It's one of the consensus "best places" but is boring as hell and not really that beautiful.
And hydroponic must have been high when she was there, the place just looks like it's in the water, not floating.

Kanazawa was pretty nice, but not worth the trip.

Exactly. But the trip is going to be much shorter pretty soon.

webstaa
July 17th, 2014, 13:52
On the topic of Miyajima... Matsushima up in Miyagi is pretty nice - take a boat tour and throw those shitty shrimp snack things at seagulls. Although I don't think its 'allowed' anymore...

starfish
January 19th, 2015, 10:33

You have clearly not spent any time in Shinsekai with a partner.

mothy
January 19th, 2015, 11:54
That's hardly a convincing reason. There is no good reason to like Osaka.

Zolrak 22
January 19th, 2015, 11:55
That's hardly a convincing reason. There is no good reason to like Osaka.
It's not Saitama? [emoji14]

mothy
January 19th, 2015, 12:01
Neither is Somalia, but it's not a reason to like it.

uthinkimlost?
January 19th, 2015, 12:07
Is it one less reason to dislike it?

mothy
January 19th, 2015, 12:12
Yes. But everywhere not Saitama has that going for it.

johnny
January 19th, 2015, 14:57
Osaka is a big city with big city stuff that's two hours closer to me than Tokyo. It's also near neat stuff I want to see like the Himeji castle and Nara.

For the record, I really like Miyajima, but it's also pretty convenient for me to get to. I'm sure I would like it much less if I lived three or four hours away instead of one.

mothy
January 19th, 2015, 15:22
So Osaka is a big city and you would travel through it to see the neat stuff that is elsewhere. Sounds about right.

sharpinthefang
January 19th, 2015, 15:36
Osaka is a big city with big city stuff that's two hours closer to me than Tokyo. It's also near neat stuff I want to see like the Himeji castle and Nara.

For the record, I really like Miyajima, but it's also pretty convenient for me to get to. I'm sure I would like it much less if I lived three or four hours away instead of one.
Miyajima was interesting but seriously, there are signs everywhere saying don't feed the deer. What do the flicking tourists do?

johnny
January 19th, 2015, 16:07
Sadly, crap like that is so common that I don't even get bothered by it anymore.

On the Osaka thing, I actually enjoy Osaka too for all the stuff I can't find in my city. I'd probably go to Tokyo instead if it were practical, but it's not so I don't.

naginataonthebrain
January 19th, 2015, 23:18
If you love flowers and want to recreate your Julie Andrew's moment a la The Sound of Music, I highly recommend checking out Nokonoshima Island Park (http://www.nokonoshima.com/), which is right outside Fukuoka. It's like experiencing Hanami year-round. Also, if you're in Kyoto, you should check out the Kyoto Kaleidoscope Museum. It's a small place but really cool and you have the option of making your own oil based kaleidoscope at the end (if you want to pay $$$; or you can be a cheapo like me and just make one out of paper/plastic). Nice little option on a rainy day.

Ini
January 19th, 2015, 23:21
really cool

Is it? be honest....

naginataonthebrain
January 19th, 2015, 23:36
Well, is it "would I make a day trip out of the museum-level cool?" No. But their collection of kaleidoscopes really is worth seeing.

lulabelle990
January 20th, 2015, 03:32
Kyoto zoo :D

naginataonthebrain
January 20th, 2015, 04:25
Kyoto zoo :D

Please tell me you're kidding.

lulabelle990
January 20th, 2015, 04:56
Please tell me you're kidding.

Nope lol, their Giraffe enclosure is pretty awesome. And they have soo many animals, it's pretty big. It's the 2nd biggest in Japan (Ueno is the biggest). It doesn't sound like it but it was a lot of fun. Plus, the area has a lot. The Heian shrine is just outside it and you can get a Rickshaw ride too. It's a good day out :) Nothing like acting like a kid for a few hours :)

lulabelle990
January 20th, 2015, 04:57
Arashiyama's great too~ Even though there was a massive storm while I was there xD I took the more scenic and temple route rather than seeing the monkeys~

naginataonthebrain
January 20th, 2015, 05:18
Nope lol, their Giraffe enclosure is pretty awesome. And they have soo many animals, it's pretty big. It's the 2nd biggest in Japan (Ueno is the biggest). It doesn't sound like it but it was a lot of fun. Plus, the area has a lot. The Heian shrine is just outside it and you can get a Rickshaw ride too. It's a good day out :) Nothing like acting like a kid for a few hours :)

I love going to zoos but the Kyoto Zoo is one of the most pitiful zoos I have ever seen in my entire life. The tigers could barely walk in their cages. And Ueno Zoo is not that big to begin with.

naginataonthebrain
January 20th, 2015, 05:25
Arashiyama's great too~ Even though there was a massive storm while I was there xD I took the more scenic and temple route rather than seeing the monkeys~

If you're a fan of Japanese literature, the Shigureden (https://www.shigureden.or.jp/multilingual/en.html) (aka a museum about the hyakunin isshu) is a nice side stop on your way to the mountain. ALSO, the Genji Monogatari Museum in Uji is worth checking out. Beautiful galleries that give visitors a glimpse of life in Heian-era aristocracy.

lulabelle990
January 20th, 2015, 05:29
I love going to zoos but the Kyoto Zoo is one of the most pitiful zoos I have ever seen in my entire life. The tigers could barely walk in their cages. And Ueno Zoo is not that big to begin with.

They've done a lot of work to the place over the past couple of years, maybe we're thinking of different stages of the rebuild :S

lulabelle990
January 20th, 2015, 05:30
If you're a fan of Japanese literature, the Shigureden (https://www.shigureden.or.jp/multilingual/en.html) (aka a museum about the hyakunin isshu) is a nice side stop on your way to the mountain. ALSO, the Genji Monogatari Museum in Uji is worth checking out. Beautiful galleries that give visitors a glimpse of life in Heian-era aristocracy.

Yeah, I really wanted to go to the Genji Monogatari museum but I didn't have enough time after the semester ended before I had to go home :( I'll defo go see it this time round~

naginataonthebrain
January 20th, 2015, 05:33
They've done a lot of work to the place over the past couple of years, maybe we're thinking of different stages of the rebuild :S

Hmm, perhaps. I was in Kyoto for the 2012-2013 academic year so maybe some changes have been made (hopefully).

lulabelle990
January 20th, 2015, 06:01
Hmm, perhaps. I was in Kyoto for the 2012-2013 academic year so maybe some changes have been made (hopefully).

oh, that was the same time I was at Uni in Kyoto. i went to the zoo in July '13 though, just after renovations~

mothy
January 20th, 2015, 08:02
Zoos in japan are only cool if you're a fan of animal cruelty.

Ini
January 20th, 2015, 08:10
If I wanted to see depressed giant beasts crammed into a small concrete box I'd visit a female ALT in their leopalace apartment.

itsabird
January 20th, 2015, 08:28
SharpnessTwig. I think he might be referencing you. And if not, I will :).

lulabelle990
January 20th, 2015, 08:28
Well, i had a good day out. I did other stuff in the area as well.

mrcharisma
January 20th, 2015, 08:36
The Osaka-bashing on here is largely bollocks. Its miles behind Tokyo but miles ahead of any other Japanese city. Roundeyes almost never venture out of Namba unless heading to that fucking awful Spa World, which is where they go wrong.

Rabbit Island is quite entertaining.

Matsuyama is a nice city and has what looked to be the best snack bar in the country. Was with the Mrs so couldn't sample it sadly.

Jiggit
January 20th, 2015, 08:41
If I wanted to see depressed giant beasts crammed into a small concrete box I'd visit a female ALT in their leopalace apartment.

Gold.

Ebi
January 20th, 2015, 08:41
Zoos in japan are only cool if you're a fan of animal cruelty.So true... I still feel guilty for visiting the safari park in Tohoku. It started snowing and yet there were zebras and other animals from the savannah wandering about. A bunch of the goat-like things seemed to have a disease that caused deformed horns. And there was a happy little museum full of stuffed dead animals that were previous exhibits. They also had shows with animals trained to perform tricks.

It was my first and last experience at an animal park in Japan.

Zolrak 22
January 20th, 2015, 08:45
That sounds like the equivalent of a nightmarish "It's a small world" ride.

johnny
January 20th, 2015, 08:54
The Osaka-bashing on here is largely bollocks. Its miles behind Tokyo but miles ahead of any other Japanese city. Roundeyes almost never venture out of Namba unless heading to that fucking awful Spa World, which is where they go wrong.

Rabbit Island is quite entertaining.

Matsuyama is a nice city and has what looked to be the best snack bar in the country. Was with the Mrs so couldn't sample it sadly.

Yeah, thanks for putting it better than I did. For a lot of people in Southwestern Japan, Osaka is a really convenient and fun place.

Gizmotech
January 20th, 2015, 09:41

Hours late, but that is brilliant.

naginataonthebrain
January 20th, 2015, 10:23
Yeah, I personally prefer Osaka over Tokyo in terms of food and people. Osaka people are way more willing to poke fun at themselves, IMHO.

mothy
January 20th, 2015, 10:26
That's just insane.

Apollo87
January 23rd, 2015, 13:36
If you are into cars, I've got a bucket list suggestion.

I live in Gunma prefecture which is awesome for onsen and famous for its touge, but the best drive of my life was actually in Kanagawa near Tokyo

Rent a car from here: 車種一覧 | 料金 | fun2drive [楽しいクルマのレンタカー@箱根・御殿場] (http://fun2drive.co.jp/cars/)

And drive on the Mazda turnpike and Izu Skyline. It's one of the recommended routes that Fun2Drive suggests and takes about 6 hours. Oh my god, drive of a lifetime.

Here's the second best sunset I've seen in my life - just last week.

You can rent a bunch of sick cars. My friends and I rented the Initial D hachiroku, the R34 GTR, an insane race tuned S2K and an NSX. One of the best experiences of my life.

Ini
January 23rd, 2015, 13:39
Why would I want to rent an old car that is slower than the one I already own?

Apollo87
January 23rd, 2015, 13:53
Why would I want to rent an old car that is slower than the one I already own?

You could rent the R35 GTR. I will eat a packet of natto if your car is faster than that.

uthinkimlost?
January 23rd, 2015, 13:58
I will eat a packet of natto

http://cl.jroo.me/z3/t/e/G/d/a.aaa-Bad-ass-meme.jpg

johnny
January 23rd, 2015, 20:43
I want to drive a pink Cadillac Escalade around the entire country. Can I rent one of those in Japan?

Tomonster
January 25th, 2015, 08:22
Nebuta in Aomori is pretty fucking awesome, too! (https://www.google.com.au/search?q=nebuta+festival&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=kSvHU-6SKJD-8QXiv4GoDA&sqi=2&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1143&bih=687&dpr=0.9#imgdii=_)
Couldn't agree more. At least check out the Museum if you're in the area

word
January 25th, 2015, 11:49
You could rent the R35 GTR. I will eat a packet of natto if your car is faster than that.

What if you're a weirdo like me who actually likes natto?

Virgil
January 25th, 2015, 12:05
What if you're a weirdo like me who actually likes natto?
I love natto. I make my own. It's basically the flying spaghetti monster's gift to human kind.

toumasu
January 30th, 2015, 14:51
i'd recommend hakone. it's a great 1-2 day trip right out of tokyo. you can cover everything with the Hakone free pass (http://www.odakyu.jp/english/deels/freepass/hakone/)

Penguee
January 30th, 2015, 22:21
i'd recommend hakone. it's a great 1-2 day trip right out of tokyo. you can cover everything with the Hakone free pass (http://www.odakyu.jp/english/deels/freepass/hakone/)

I hated Hakone. All the transport took 300% times longer than the guide books, the owner of the pension ORDERED me to go to the onsen with him despite my refusal, all the staff anywhere I went were jerks, and I couldn't wait to get out of there.
Of course, only my 2 day experience. It must be better... but for all the money we paid to go, I was underwhelmed.

mothy
January 30th, 2015, 23:29
I liked Hakone, but it seemed like a once is enough kind of place.

naginataonthebrain
January 31st, 2015, 00:10
I liked Hakone, but it seemed like a once is enough kind of place.

+1

starfish
January 31st, 2015, 01:23
I hated Hakone. All the transport took 300% times longer than the guide books, the owner of the pension ORDERED me to go to the onsen with him despite my refusal, all the staff anywhere I went were jerks, and I couldn't wait to get out of there.
Of course, only my 2 day experience. It must be better... but for all the money we paid to go, I was underwhelmed.

Sounds like a typical tourist trap.

I've heard similar stories about Okinawa given all the foreigners they deal with there. Have not been myself though.

haitch40
January 31st, 2015, 12:06
Has anyone been to Ganryujima? I know it is an empty island with 1 statue but it would feel kind of special standing on that beach.

Zolrak 22
January 31st, 2015, 15:03
I know it is an empty island with 1 statue but it would feel kind of special standing on that beach.

You gonna have a duel there? [emoji6]

I'd feel "special" standing on top of a building as it goes down in flames. Doesn't mean I'll take the effort to make it a reality. [emoji14]

haitch40
January 31st, 2015, 23:25
I'd feel "special" standing on top of a building as it goes down in flames. Doesn't mean I'll take the effort to make it a reality. [emoji14]
I see you are a terrorist sympathiser. Was 9/11 a good thing according to you? As long as it isn't you blowing up it's great?

Zolrak 22
January 31st, 2015, 23:59
I see you are a terrorist sympathiser. Was 9/11 a good thing according to you? As long as it isn't you blowing up it's great?
I Was thinking more along the lines of being a firefighter, but it's nice to know that you instantly go for terrorism and death in your mind. [emoji28]

Remind me not to invite you to my place. [emoji14]

haitch40
February 1st, 2015, 00:50
I Was thinking more along the lines of being a firefighter, but it's nice to know that you instantly go for terrorism and death in your mind. [emoji28]

Remind me not to invite you to my place. [emoji14]
Well you should have known. It is ITIL after all.

PuddingHead
February 1st, 2015, 01:28
I like to think most ITILers are sane to a degree.

naginataonthebrain
February 1st, 2015, 01:31

One would hope....

Zolrak 22
February 1st, 2015, 02:04
Have you seen Haitch? He's bonkers!

johnny
February 1st, 2015, 02:17
One would hope....

I assure you that I am quite mad. Ken is either nuts or the most sane of us all. BJ is certifiable.

haitch40
February 1st, 2015, 06:14
Have you seen Haitch? He's bonkers!
*Drinks paint*

Zolrak 22
February 1st, 2015, 06:52
*Drinks paint*
It's about time you challenge Ken to a drink off. [emoji6]

sharpinthefang
February 1st, 2015, 23:08
It's about time you challenge Ken to a drink off. [emoji6]
Mothy would be the one to challenge.

Zolrak 22
February 2nd, 2015, 04:46
Mothy would be the one to challenge.
Naw, if Mothy drinks paint it'll be to finally end the Saitama torture.

He'll do it while jumping off the train tracks.

Antonath
February 2nd, 2015, 06:05
Naw, if Mothy drinks paint it'll be to finally end the Saitama torture.

He'll do it while jumping off the train tracks.
I wonder. If they drank enough of different colours, could someone leave a delightful rainbow behind when they got splatted, instead of just blood-and-guts red.

Zolrak 22
February 2nd, 2015, 06:06
That would be lovely.

haitch40
February 2nd, 2015, 09:32
I wonder. If they drank enough of different colours, could someone leave a delightful rainbow behind when they got splatted, instead of just blood-and-guts red.
No it would all mix to make diarrhoea brown.

toumasu
February 2nd, 2015, 14:14
@original topic: i'd highly recommend the echigo-yuzawa area in niigata. has anyone else been there? they have an art festival every 3 years and there a bunch of cool things within drivable distance of each other

mothy
February 3rd, 2015, 08:23
Echigo beer is good.