PDA

View Full Version : Blacklisting threads?

tobio
July 29th, 2014, 20:48
Is there anyway to blacklist (force certain threads to not show up) on this forum? Thanks in advance!

Beer Baron
July 31st, 2014, 22:19
Hi,

No, this is not a feature that is supported by the forum software.

Can I ask why you would want to do this?

Thanks,

Jiggit
July 31st, 2014, 23:35
Can I ask why you would want to do this?

Ooh, Ooh, I know this one!

tobio
August 1st, 2014, 08:02
That's okay, just wondering! If there's nothing I can do, there's nothing I can do.

As for why, the "Fight Fat Culture" thread makes me very uncomfortable whenever I see it in The Lounge or pop up with new posts due to a good friend of mine committing suicide over being fat shamed for some years. At the same time I realize it's a good discussion thread to have for those who are interested, but it just makes me uncomfortable whenever I see it.

But considering there's nothing to do about it I totally understand and will just do my best to ignore it! Thanks for the answer!

Jiggit
August 1st, 2014, 20:10
Hey I was right!

tobio
August 1st, 2014, 20:16
Hey I was right!

Lianwen
August 15th, 2014, 19:21
BB, I'm surprised ignoring threads isn't an option? Especially because you can blacklist/ignore users, or whatever it's called.

Tobio, my close friend committed suicide so I think I understand where you're coming from with your request. Reminders of my friend often make me uncomfortable, even though it's been almost 6 years, too. I hope it gets easier.

Do you think there might be a browser extension that you could utilize that would block or hide keywords/or posts with keywords? I know there are extensions that find/replace words on a page. Perhaps you could

Beer Baron
August 15th, 2014, 19:47
Lianwen - I had a quick look but I can't see any plugins for VBulletin to do that. If you find one please let me know and I'll happily install it on the forum. Thanks.

tobio
August 16th, 2014, 17:37
Thanks Lianwen - and also thanks for checking out the possibilities of a plugin. I'll keep an eye out and let you know if I see one.

word
August 17th, 2014, 00:54
tobio, if you use Firefox, you can install Greasemonkey, which will allow you to run a script that adds a "ignore" button to VB threads. I've not tested it, but it may be possible for you to use this method to block certain threads.

If it makes you feel any better, the offending thread has now been locked, and I certainly won't be recreating it any time in the near future.

tobio
August 17th, 2014, 08:51
I use chrome but if I feel anything might affect me like that in the future I may switch to Firefox. Thanks for the tip - Appreciate it! Sorry about your thread.