PDA

View Full Version : I thought I'd introduce myself

Kislingbury
November 6th, 2014, 13:59
Hello, my name is [redacted]. I'm a junior in college in Texas studying business. I plan to apply for JET next fall. I've been interested in Japan for about 5 years now, I've wanted to do JET for about 2 years. I love travelling and experiencing foreign culture. I'm half French and fluent in it from my mother speaking it to me at a young age and traveling to France almost every summer to visit family. I'm eager to chat with all of you, after lurking for a few hours I get the gist that you're all on average a lot nicer than other J-forums. Feel free to ask me any random questions or introduce yourself!

Jiggit
November 6th, 2014, 14:16
I'm eager to chat with all of you, after lurking for a few hours I get the gist that you're all on average a lot nicer than other J-forums.

Are you sure you have the right tab open in your browser?

Zolrak 22
November 6th, 2014, 14:18
Oh come on, I'm sure we are nice(ish)...

In applying at least?

Edit : Anyway, it's nice to meet you Kisling, though I have a feeling your post is in the wrong section of the site.

greyjoy
November 6th, 2014, 14:20
I wonder what other j forums must be like. I might have settled into the wrong place

My advice to you is to start on your sop now; the current years crop are twisting themselves up over it, having their extended family and all their elementary school teachers edit and critique it. You'll be halfway done with that process when the app opens next fall.

Kislingbury
November 6th, 2014, 15:08
I wonder what other j forums must be like. I might have settled into the wrong place

My advice to you is to start on your sop now; the current years crop are twisting themselves up over it, having their extended family and all their elementary school teachers edit and critique it. You'll be halfway done with that process when the app opens next fall.

Heh, I'm looking forward to starting it soon. I know the terrors of procrastination firsthand

Jiggit
November 6th, 2014, 16:30
Feel free to ask me any random questions or introduce yourself!

Hi, I'm Jiggit.

Who is your favorite member of Girl's Generation?

Much depends on your answer.

Zolrak 22
November 6th, 2014, 16:34
Much depends on your answer.

And if he doesn't know who they are?

Jiggit
November 6th, 2014, 16:35
GIFS

Gizmotech
November 6th, 2014, 17:03
Don't tempt jiggit, he will gif this right up

sharpinthefang
November 6th, 2014, 18:00
I'm eager to chat with all of you, after lurking for a few hours I get the gist that you're all on average a lot nicer than other J-forums. Seriously, you need to be here a few days and see a real sh*t storm go down.

But if you survive, best of luck to you and join us over in the lounge some time.

Verbatim
November 7th, 2014, 03:39
How will you be able to stand the wait till next fall? I'm already about to go crazy and I just submitted everything last week.

Gifs ftw.

Zolrak 22
November 7th, 2014, 04:25
Eh, if it happens, it happens.

If not, then move on to the next plan.

SomePeopleJustSaySnow
November 7th, 2014, 10:29
If not, then move on to the next plan.

It's hard to find good hemp rope these days.

Seriously though, what is the next plan? I've always thought people invest too highly in the possibility of JET.

Verbatim
November 7th, 2014, 13:49
For me, it's not like I'm having an existential crisis over JET, even though I'd really like to get in.

If not, it will just be life as usual (I've already got a full time job). Maybe I'll move out of state after a while, buy a house. Take a vacation. Who knows.

Kislingbury
November 7th, 2014, 14:14
I don't like KPop or JPop haha. I'll look into going to South Korea in case I don't get into JET. I'm interested in Asia. Not for the lame reasons like the girls or anime and whatnot.

SomePeopleJustSaySnow
November 7th, 2014, 17:01
If not, it will just be life as usual (I've already got a full time job). Maybe I'll move out of state after a while, buy a house. Take a vacation. Who knows.

That's a good attitude, in my opinion.

Jiggit
November 7th, 2014, 19:31
I don't like KPop or JPop haha.

Not for the lame reasons like the girls

It's ok, son, this is a safe place.

Kislingbury
November 8th, 2014, 02:57
I think someone would have a horrible time if they joined JET because they have an asian girl fetish haha

Verbatim
November 8th, 2014, 05:12
I think someone would have a horrible time if they joined JET because they have an asian girl fetish haha

Jiggit
November 8th, 2014, 12:08
We really have to get "yellow fever master race" badges, word.

mothy
November 8th, 2014, 13:08

JET caters primarily to those with asian girl fetishes.

SomePeopleJustSaySnow
November 8th, 2014, 13:46
Kislingbury, are you sure you're thinking of the same JET that everyone else here is?

Kislingbury
November 9th, 2014, 13:15
Kislingbury, are you sure you're thinking of the same JET that everyone else here is?

Yeah, the one where you fly in? Assuming it's a 2 hour flight, you'd have time to flirt with the asian flight attendant but it wouldn't get anywhere because she probably lives across the world from you.

Zolrak 22
November 9th, 2014, 13:50
lAssuming it's a 2 hour flight

Man, I'd love to fly in the Jet you are thinking of...

Flying from the states to Japan in 2 hours? Better than my flights from state to state.

SomePeopleJustSaySnow
November 9th, 2014, 22:47
Kislingbury confuses me.

sharpinthefang
November 10th, 2014, 13:30
Its a running joke that males come out here to get J- girlfriends and then never go back

uthinkimlost?
November 10th, 2014, 13:48
"Joke"

SomePeopleJustSaySnow
November 10th, 2014, 13:49
"Girlfriends"

Jiggit
November 10th, 2014, 13:56
"males"

Kislingbury
November 10th, 2014, 14:23
I actually want to go because I love anime and Japan will be just like it is in Anime!