PDA

View Full Version : Discrepancy between Medical Certificate and Statement of Health - how big a deal?

prazza
November 19th, 2014, 04:32
As a child I had surgery to remove a benign tumour. It was successful and I have been a 100% fit and able-bodied person ever since.

I'd rather not declare this in my application, as I know it won't affect the ability to do the job, and more importantly because getting a physician's statement is a gigantic pain in the neck (especially with only 9 days before the application deadline). The website threatens that any discrepancy between the Certificate of Health and the Personal Medical Statement will disqualify me. I realize it's safer overall to just get the Physician's Statement for the application, but just how likely is this to be a big deal if I don't?

haitch40
November 19th, 2014, 04:58
As a child I had surgery to remove a benign tumour. It was successful and I have been a 100% fit and able-bodied person ever since.

I'd rather not declare this in my application, as I know it won't affect the ability to do the job, and more importantly because getting a physician's statement is a gigantic pain in the neck (especially with only 9 days before the application deadline). The website threatens that any discrepancy between the Certificate of Health and the Personal Medical Statement will disqualify me. I realize it's safer overall to just get the Physician's Statement for the application, but just how likely is this to be a big deal if I don't?
The question is how likely is it to show up which with the way you word it sounds like 100% chance. If the SOH and the application are different then good bye.

prazza
November 19th, 2014, 05:21
Bummer. Thanks for the info.

Gizmotech
November 19th, 2014, 09:34
Soo... don't declare it on either? Seems like a no brainer to me. Are you still receiving treatment for this event? Are there followup medications related to it? If not, don't mention it and let it disappear into the past.

Like seriously, did I mention that I had surgery on (insert body organ here) which has had no issue and requires no follow up and was year ago? No. None of their business.

prazza
November 19th, 2014, 20:08
I was under the impression you couldn't control what information was released on the Certificate of Health, and that it came from a doctor. I couldn't find any resources detailing what the Certificate entails, exactly...

Gizmotech
November 19th, 2014, 21:11
You go to a doctor which is not your own. problem solved.

Master Mushroom
November 20th, 2014, 15:45
Didn't the application state that it only wants the last 5 years anyways? If this was done to you as a child, that should be long enough to not matter unless I missed something.