PDA

View Full Version : A different kind of JET interview...

Beer Baron
November 23rd, 2014, 01:52
One of our members, michsas, got in contact with me recently to do an interview of my experience on the JET programme. You'll find it at JET Spotlight: Meet Paul | JET Program Dekita: How to Get into the Most Competitive English Teaching Program in Japan (http://www.jetprogramdekita.com/jet-spotlight-meet-paul/)

Check out her site, JET Programme Dekita, at JET Program Dekita: How to Get into the Most Competitive English Teaching Program in Japan (http://www.jetprogramdekita.com/). You'll find details about the JET programme, and some tips about the applying process.

Thanks michsas!

Ini
November 23rd, 2014, 02:21
And where is my interview?!??

Ini
November 23rd, 2014, 02:32
He tries going to Japan every two years to see friends and his Japanese in-laws.

I "tries" speaking English when dealing with ALTs.......

Beer Baron
November 23rd, 2014, 02:33
There, there, ini. I'm sure if you asked nicely you could be interviewed too!

Ini
November 23rd, 2014, 02:38
People pay for my advice these days but here is a freebie - when you are sat at home in your pants with your cock in your hand grammar isn't a big deal. If you are putting your name to something maybe sober up and run a spell check.

Beer Baron
November 23rd, 2014, 02:42
Not seeing any spelling mistakes Ini ?

Ini
November 23rd, 2014, 02:50
Shush, its better business if we stem the tide of ALTs and encourage BOEs to hire local part time Japanese natives with basic English to be AFTs while increasing HRT training. (That's between you and me, don't tell anyone)

Zolrak 22
November 23rd, 2014, 04:23
Did you ever meet your pen pals?

It's a little weird reading about "The Baron" as a living, breathing person, but an interesting read none the less.

Thanks for sharing [emoji1].

By the way, do we actually have 8000 members, or were you just showing off?

Cause if so, there's a lot more lurkers than I realized.

Beer Baron
November 23rd, 2014, 04:25
Yea I met a few and married my first pen pal!

8000 is correct but as you say quite a few are lurkers and some are bot registrations. But the large majority are real members!

Zolrak 22
November 23rd, 2014, 04:31
Yea I met a few and married my first pen pal!

That's actually kind of sweet/romantic.

See? That's something you could have mentioned in the interview, draws people in! [emoji14]

Beer Baron
November 23rd, 2014, 04:37
That's true :) Ah well, you're privileged by reading it here first!

Verbatim
November 24th, 2014, 04:57
Great interview! I enjoyed it.

johnny
November 24th, 2014, 20:30
Yeah, definitely interesting. Good stuff.

ALTInsiderFY
December 1st, 2014, 14:49
Agreed interesting interview and hope to see that feature continued!