PDA

View Full Version : Fiancé joining me in Japan in the future?

JestersJ
January 14th, 2015, 05:23
I have a fiancé studying in Australia right now, he and I have been together for 5 years.

After he finishes his program we wanted to well.. live together again but not get married right away.

Let's say I happen to get into the Jet program, this wouldn't be around till about the beginning of the second year in. Would there be a way for him to join me in Japan? His program finds him a remote work-at-home position after so he's not looking to work in Japan, just live with me.

Is this possible? If chosen I was looking to do 3+ years in the Jet program, so it's not awful if he can't join me but it'd be nice to know.

miamicoordinator
January 14th, 2015, 05:26
I have a fiancé studying in Australia right now, he and I have been together for 5 years.

After he finishes his program we wanted to well.. live together again but not get married right away.

Let's say I happen to get into the Jet program, this wouldn't be around till about the beginning of the second year in. Would there be a way for him to join me in Japan? His program finds him a remote work-at-home position after so he's not looking to work in Japan, just live with me.

Is this possible? If chosen I was looking to do 3+ years in the Jet program, so it's not awful if he can't join me but it'd be nice to know.

You can bring a husband or wife with you as a dependent if you are legally married.

If you are not legally married, you cannot sponsor his visa. In other words, your fiance would need to either:

1) Only stay for the 90 day "temporary visitor" period.

2) Find his own visa sponsorship via a job.

JestersJ
January 14th, 2015, 05:33
You can bring a husband or wife with you as a dependent if you are legally married.

If you are not legally married, you cannot sponsor his visa. In other words, your fiance would need to either:

1) Only stay for the 90 day "temporary visitor" period.

2) Find his own visa sponsorship via a job.

I had a feeling it was that, Thank you I just wanted to make sure!