PDA

View Full Version : DUAC/ Acne Cream in Japan

callum1992
March 11th, 2015, 04:56
Hello,
Just a quick question, Im a guy from the UK, had my interview in Jan and waiting to hear back. I know nothing is certain atm. I use this spot cream called Duac Once Daily Gel, 5% Benzoyl Peroxide, and Clindamyin. I've done a Google search but haven't really found anything.

If anyone who uses Duac has been fine obtaining it in Japan please let me know, it'd be very appreciated.

Thanks.

uthinkimlost?
March 11th, 2015, 08:14
A quick search for デュアック and 薬 shows that it exists in Japan. I haven't gone poking through any of the links, but at a glance it seems like it won't be much of an issue.

callum1992
March 11th, 2015, 08:19
Thanks, don't really know much about writing Japanese atm never thought to try!

Ini
March 11th, 2015, 08:30
I dont think a japanese doctor will prescribe you duac but you can import it at great expense. a quick look at wikipedia suggests a japanese doctor would prescribe adapalene (Differin, Teva, Pimpal, Gallet, Adelene, Adeferin).

sourdoughsushi
March 11th, 2015, 13:55
You'll have good luck getting both of the drugs separately, and the cheaper option. It may take some time to figure out what will work for you, but both are attainable at ease separately from a skin doxtoe

mark17820
March 25th, 2015, 11:41
I just visited the dermatologist yesterday and was prescribed Clindamycin, so you can definitely find it here!

Ananasboat
March 25th, 2015, 11:56
Not a prescription, and I am a LUSH addict, so please take my words with a grain of salt.

My skin in Japan tends to get oily faster than I'm used to in the US. So in order to fight it I've been using Dark Angles, which is a charcoal cleansing scrub and Tea Tree Water which is a toner. I have all the parts befitting a woman, but I'm not really girly enough to tell you why these things matter or why they work, but they do for me, so that might help. Oh, I do know that Tea Tree oil has pretty good antiseptic properties, so that might be why it helps. I dunno.

AyaReiko
March 28th, 2015, 09:02
As a Lush addict as well, so I can say that charcoal absorbs oil. Dark Angels also has Rassoul mud, which is deep-cleansing, and avocado for hydration.

That being said, I don't know that these products will be as effective as anything with actual medicine in it, if you have medical acne (as opposed to just zits).

However, considering what Ananasboat said about her skin changing, you may want to see a Japanese dermatologist once you're abroad.

Ananasboat
March 28th, 2015, 11:24
Yeah, there's no medicine in it so if it's a problem that's bad enough to require it, please talk to a doctor and don't listen to me. But yeah, maybe it can help if you've got crazy oily skin or something.

In other news my face feels f*king fantastic.

Virgil
March 31st, 2015, 15:32
Not a prescription, and I am a LUSH addict, so please take my words with a grain of salt.

My skin in Japan tends to get oily faster than I'm used to in the US. So in order to fight it I've been using Dark Angles, which is a charcoal cleansing scrub and Tea Tree Water which is a toner. I have all the parts befitting a woman, but I'm not really girly enough to tell you why these things matter or why they work, but they do for me, so that might help. Oh, I do know that Tea Tree oil has pretty good antiseptic properties, so that might be why it helps. I dunno.

I've been experiencing the SAME thing. I had a pretty clear complexion until I moved here. Now my skins gets a really greasy feeling, and it drives me crazy. I would love if you could link and/or pm me what these products look like.

Virgil
March 31st, 2015, 15:35
Actually I just remembered that I have functioning fingers, a computer, and google. So I know what it looks like, my question is does it look the same in Japan, and do many drug stores in Kyushu stock it? I have a Mori nearby, but I'm in a fairly dense area if you know of a chain that carries it.

Ananasboat
March 31st, 2015, 15:36
Righto.

First, every other day I use this: http://www.lushusa.com/Dark-Angels/9999906954,en_US,pd.html#start=14

I don't use it every day even though it makes my face feel like silk because all that scrubbing can be bad for skin.

Then, every day I use this: Kalamazoo Beard and Facial Wash | Cleansers | LUSH (http://www.lushusa.com/Kalamazoo/9999905548,en_US,pd.html#start=1)

Smells like lemon yogurt, which brings back bad memories of my childhood, but I still love it. Bonus points if you have facial hair.

Then when that's all done I spray my face (outside of the shower) with: Tea Tree Water Toner | Toners and Toner Tabs | LUSH Cosmetics (http://www.lushusa.com/Tea-Tree-Water/9999900405,en_US,pd.html#start=1)

And I'll do that a couple times a day if my face is being extra stupid. But, recently my face has calmed down a TON, and doesn't look clammy. Woo.

AyaReiko
April 1st, 2015, 13:50
Actually I just remembered that I have functioning fingers, a computer, and google. So I know what it looks like, my question is does it look the same in Japan, and do many drug stores in Kyushu stock it? I have a Mori nearby, but I'm in a fairly dense area if you know of a chain that carries it.

Actually, Lush is a brand store, so you can't find their products outside of their stores (as far as I know...) The good news is that they are in Japan and you can order it online! Yes, it will look the same, but with Japanese names.
Here are the same products Ananasboat mentioned, but on the Japanese page (yes, the English names are on there too):
- Black Daiya (Dark Angels): ブラックダイヤ | Lush (https://www.lushjapan.com/products/dark-angels)
- Kalamazoo (same name): カラマズー | Lush (https://www.lushjapan.com/products/kalamazoo)
- Tea Tree Water (same name): ティーツリーウォーター | Lush (https://www.lushjapan.com/products/tea-tree-water)

Virgil
April 1st, 2015, 14:00
Actually, Lush is a brand store, so you can't find their products outside of their stores (as far as I know...)

I see the phrase "Fresh handmade cosmetics" on the website. It seems like I saw that store in an AEON mall. Think it's the same thing?

Ananasboat
April 1st, 2015, 14:02
If you're near Fukuoka city there are tons of LUSH stores. Mostly in Tenjin though, but I think there's one in Hakata as well? Also there's one in that giant shopping center place that's basically a maze.

AyaReiko
April 1st, 2015, 14:09
Yes, it should be the same. Here is the list of stores that pop up when I search for a store in Kyuushuu:
Shops near 九州 | 自然派化粧品・石鹸をお探しならラッシュ - Lush Fresh Handmade Cosmetics (https://www.lushjapan.com/shops/5/all/九州)

Four of them are in an AEON mall (Kumamoto, Omuta, Chikushino and Fukuoka). Just follow the smell and you should find it ;p

Virgil
April 1st, 2015, 14:12
Should be easy for me to find then :) Even still, ordering online is damn convenient in this country. Stuff usually arrives within 2 days, and always before the "Estimated" date. Kuroneko is an insanely good shipping service.

Virgil
April 1st, 2015, 14:15
Thanks for the help! I'll probably swing by the place that I thought I saw on my way home.

Ananasboat
April 1st, 2015, 14:25
Thanks for the help! I'll probably swing by the place that I thought I saw on my way home.

Please be careful, those ladies are experts at getting you to spend lots more money than you intended on. It's nuts.

Virgil
April 1st, 2015, 14:36
Please be careful, those ladies are experts at getting you to spend lots more money than you intended on. It's nuts.

But I'm a clueless gaijin. If they don't speak any English I'll just shriek like a banshee when they try to talk to me in J-go.

Ananasboat
April 1st, 2015, 14:41
Well if you do say anything in Japanese they'll compliment and be all nice and stuff. They'll hold your hands hostage while they get you to try new products and stuff. Man, I can never just walk in and out of that place. One time had a lady give me a sample of lip scrub and say she thought I had spent 7 years in Japan because I was so jouzu, and you know I ended up spending a man and a half.

Virgil
April 1st, 2015, 17:17
My god you're right. My gaijin shriek was ineffective. Oh well, I only spent half a man.

Zolrak 22
April 4th, 2015, 19:21
Smells like lemon yogurt, which brings back bad memories of my childhood, but I still love it. Bonus points if you have facial hair.

http://www.blippitt.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Popcorn-02-Stephen-Colbert.gif

Story time?

Ananasboat
April 4th, 2015, 20:06
Oh, lemon yogurt?

I was performing in a Disney Review thing that a senior had put on for his senior project. Except I hated the senior, and I hated his manic, narcissistic family of off-pitch directors. Night of the performance I grab my favorite snack (lemon yogurt) and make myself a turkey sandwich for dinner. I think the turkey was off or something because part way through the performance I puked my guts out in the bathroom. Tasted like lemon yogurt. Can't eat the stuff ever since. When I told them that I had just puked and CAN NOT continue with the night, they scoffed like I was making it up so I brought them to the bathroom where there is just spew everywhere. I get to go home early. Fuck yeah.

So every morning when I put that stuff on my face I am reminded of that moment in time. It's pretty awful.

Edit: the bonus points for facial hair are because it's supposedly marketed for dudes with facial hair, which I didn't realize when I bought it.

Zolrak 22
April 4th, 2015, 20:11
You know, you should share stories more often.

Gotta say, I was not expecting Disney, but the ending was close enough.

Ananasboat
April 4th, 2015, 20:14
I keep getting told I'm shit at telling stories. I think it's me saying them that sucks, because I have the attention span of a peanut. At least when I write them out they're somewhat more understandable.

Got loads though.