View Full Version : Pension refund tax guide?

March 18th, 2015, 03:29
Does anyone know of a good guide for what the Japanese person has to do to get the pension refund tax payment back?

The person I appointed as my representative has proved to be rather clueless...

March 18th, 2015, 15:36
From what I understand, all they really need to do is fill out their part of the tax representative paper, then file the income tax form when you send the form to them after you get the first payment. They get the tax refund part then send it to you. My representative is fairly clueless as well, but the process doesn't seem to be that complicated. It just involves a ton of waiting around and mailing paperwork.

March 21st, 2015, 01:58
Know of any guide for this tax form? She insists it is a complicated form but I'd imagine she doesn't have to fill in it all?

May 1st, 2016, 05:14
So I'm finally getting around to this as well. I left JET a year and a half ago and I left Japan last August. I am going to fill out this form (https://www.nenkin.go.jp/international/english/lumpsum/lumpsum.files/0000019735Jtb6lIblfc.pdf) but it is a little unclear as the deposit part of it seems designed for Japanese banking information. I use Bank of America. What do I put for Branch Name? Where do I put the ABA Routing Number? Basically I have a paper here I got from the bank with a picture of a void check on it with my Account Number and an ABA Routing Number (which is for electronic payments... should I get the ABA Routing Number for a wire transfer instead?), do I just make sure all that information is on the form and hope for the best? Any help is appreciated.