PDA

View Full Version : Background Check shiz

ambrosse
March 31st, 2015, 10:30
Applicant Information form stuffs. Pardon my derp-ness.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll11/Ambrosse/Untitled_zpsvjmjznuv.png

Do I mail the results to myself and then send them to my consulate office, or do I mail the results straight to the consulate office? My email instructions were terribly vague (non-existent) and I want to get this taken care of as soon as possible.

taysukidesu
March 31st, 2015, 10:34
This is what was included on my instruction sheet for the FBI background check.

Edit// Obviously yours would be a different address, if you aren't also applying through the Houston consulate.

weepinbell
March 31st, 2015, 10:34
In the second one, I'm 90% sure you put the Chicago consulate's info so the results go straight there. The email was vague I agree lol. Read the FAQ, it goes into more depth! And then when you submit the online FBI check application, make a copy and send it to the consulate with your reply form. ::)

Fantasylife
March 31st, 2015, 10:37
Yeah, mines said to put the Chicago consulate address. I hoped we could submit the whole thing online, but nope. Gotta mail it in. I'm planning to get my fingerprinting tomorrow. I want to mail this thing out ASAP.

Virgil
March 31st, 2015, 10:38
My background check went straight to the consulate. I never even had confirmation that it was successful.

weepinbell
March 31st, 2015, 10:39
Yeah, mines said to put the Chicago consulate address. I hoped we could submit the whole thing online, but nope. Gotta mail it in. I'm planning to get my fingerprinting tomorrow. I want to mail this thing out ASAP.

I thought it was processed electronically and then the results just go to the consulate once they're done?

And then we print a copy and send it with the reply form. Am I missing something? This whole background check thing is making me dizzy ahhh.

ambrosse
March 31st, 2015, 10:40
Thanks folks. Problem solved ;)
Getting fingerprints tomorrow after work.

Like I said, i'm a derp. Let's not forget I got no sleep last night, haha.

Fantasylife
March 31st, 2015, 10:41
I didn't see an option to submit online. It only directed me to download the application form. Lemme check again just to make sure.

onigiri1994
March 31st, 2015, 10:42
Oh wow, I have not received any of these things yet. Were they included in your decisions email, or are they located somewhere else?

weepinbell
March 31st, 2015, 10:42
I didn't see an option to submit online. It only directed me to download the application form. Lemme check again just to make sure.

JK I see what you mean. We have to send the application through the mail TO the FBI address at the bottom.... and then they'll just mail the results to JIC. yeah, I'm gonna get those fingerprints ASAP.

Where are the most common places to do that? Police dept?

Cbill1
March 31st, 2015, 10:43
imo this is probably something to email the consulate and ask.

last year, we were supposed to get the background checks mailed to ourselves, and then send them to the consulate with the health check form and final transcripts. it probably varies by consulate, and it's probably different now that the background check procedures are changing, so the best thing you can do is shoot off an email asking.

ESID, after all.

taysukidesu
March 31st, 2015, 10:43
You have to mail an APPLICATION in to the FBI. After this, the RESULTS are mailed directly to the consulate.

Your best bet (and most simple) is to find out if the police department in your city does fingerprinting. My city does fingerprinting at the main PD office every Wednesday.

ambrosse
March 31st, 2015, 10:49
Chicago says to mail results to Chicago.
The want a COPY of the Applicant Information form as proof that you applied.

miamicoordinator
March 31st, 2015, 12:23
Send the results directly to your consulate. Your coordiNator should have provided you an address with the instructions.

Although with the backlog, i seriously doubt anyone will have their results by the june deadline.

Chaos is coming!

ambrosse
March 31st, 2015, 12:25
Lol, thanks MC.
I'm just an idiot who can't read sometimes. I got it all squared away.
Should be sending the application and fingerprints to the FBI peeps on Wednesday :D

Chaos is indeed coming, haha. But it'll get worked out :)

Aqua
March 31st, 2015, 13:39
I had my fingerprints done at a much more local police supply store, which also had better days/hours if you`re working a typical 9-5. They knew exactly what I needed and what a good fingerprint set looked like, too.

webstaa
March 31st, 2015, 13:42
As far as fingerprinting goes, if you find digital fingerprinting - like the ones most police stations use - you should be just fine. The FBI sets out standards that the digital machine can check against to make sure you got good prints. And it doesn't hurt when the person doing them has done hundreds before and knows exactly what to do.

Virgil
March 31st, 2015, 15:21
As far as fingerprinting goes, if you find digital fingerprinting - like the ones most police stations use - you should be just fine. The FBI sets out standards that the digital machine can check against to make sure you got good prints. And it doesn't hurt when the person doing them has done hundreds before and knows exactly what to do.

I don't know how true this is. When I had to do my background check for teaching in the States I had to have it done 2 times (digital). I have a weird skin disease that eats my fingerprints off sometimes. It happens during the summer, and that's when I had to have it done. I went in, they took the prints and they failed (I took a week to notify me). Did it again after my hands healed and it worked fine.

To be fair though, I don't think that lady had a clue.

naginataonthebrain
April 1st, 2015, 02:31
Ugh, I don't have any of the forms yet. ATL consulate says they will email the forms by the end of the week but I wish I could get started on the FBI background check now.

Perilwink
April 1st, 2015, 02:43
I'm in the same boat with waiting on forms, but I think we could go ahead and get a head start on fingerprints from the FBI background check forms online, since there's the potential for it to be crazy to schedule those with local police stations.

Out of curiosity, do the forms mention anything about sending in additional id photos for the visa application? I got some done for Interac when I was applying to them as a back-up, but I'm curious if they have the same specifications (smaller than a US passport photo, etc).

moonbeam
April 1st, 2015, 02:46
You should be able to start the background check and mail everything to the FBI. The consulate just needs a copy of the application so they know you started it, so keep a copy to send later.

weepinbell
April 1st, 2015, 03:05
I'm in the same boat with waiting on forms, but I think we could go ahead and get a head start on fingerprints from the FBI background check forms online, since there's the potential for it to be crazy to schedule those with local police stations.

Out of curiosity, do the forms mention anything about sending in additional id photos for the visa application? I got some done for Interac when I was applying to them as a back-up, but I'm curious if they have the same specifications (smaller than a US passport photo, etc).

You'll need 2 passport sized photos on the reply form.

naginataonthebrain
April 1st, 2015, 03:19
So according to the FBI website (http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks), we could use a FBI-approved channeler to get our background checks done. Is JET okay with that? The only reason I may go that route because it might be processed faster. Thoughts?

moonbeam
April 1st, 2015, 03:21
No, JET is not okay with that. They specifically say in their instructions that it must go directly through the FBI.

naginataonthebrain
April 1st, 2015, 03:23
No, JET is not okay with that. They specifically say in their instructions that it must go directly through the FBI.

Alright then. I wasn't sure because the ATL consulate hasn't sent us the forms yet.

BifCarbet
April 1st, 2015, 04:51
If the local police station doesn't have appointment times available, search for alternative options. I just went to the local community college's police office, and they did it in ten minutes with no reservation.

ambrosse
April 1st, 2015, 05:04
Obtained my fingerprints! Now to ship off the FBI crap tomorrow morning.

weepinbell
April 1st, 2015, 05:09
Obtained my fingerprints! Now to ship off the FBI crap tomorrow morning.

How much does it cost to get your prints? I'm just going to the police station in my town.

moonbeam
April 1st, 2015, 05:13
It depends on where you go. Last year I went to a place that was $30 for two sets of prints but this year I went somewhere else that was $10 for one card. And it was digital. Both were private investigative services.

ambrosse
April 1st, 2015, 05:14
I just went to the police station in my childhood town (like 8 minutes from my work) because I know the city hall in an out and it made me feel more comfortable overall.
Since I'm not a resident of that town anymore, I paid about $20 for one card. Mine was ink print though, so more effort was involved, haha.
It's not that big of a cost for me -shrug-

moonbeam
April 1st, 2015, 05:21
It's funny because I work at a police station that does fingerprinting, but not for FBI checks. So I end up having to go elsewhere. Oh well.

ambrosse
April 1st, 2015, 05:32
It's funny because I work at a police station that does fingerprinting, but not for FBI checks. So I end up having to go elsewhere. Oh well.

I was fortunate to be able to walk in and ask for them, haha. Most people have to make appointments. $20, the cost of walk-in service.
But mine are suitable for the FBI. There's even boxes for the FBI to use on it.

ambrosse
April 1st, 2015, 07:51
Now to hope that the FBI actually accepts my damn prints...

Verbatim
April 1st, 2015, 08:15

This is what I'm planning to use for my fingerprints at my local police station. However, they send the results directly to the FBI instead of giving you a card right? The form wants us to enclose a card, but if they are sent digitally, is there some sort of receipt we can include to show that we had it done and it has been sent to them?

Fantasylife
April 1st, 2015, 08:28
Mines was a walk-in, $28. Would've been less, but they recommended I do two sets because, according to them, the FBI can be picky about them. I didn't mind paying for an extra set. I'm happy to have the additional assurance. Mailed my packet off this evening. Now I wait...

ambrosse
April 1st, 2015, 09:51
Bleh, I only got one card...maybe I should head back tomorrow and get a second card =_=

Virgil
April 1st, 2015, 09:55
You're. Over. Thinking. It.

Probably the FBI check is going to take so long you'll have to do a state check anyway. The consulate is going to work with you if the FBI doesn't like your prints or some stupid shit like that. The important thing is that you send in all of the required paperwork on time, with proof of your application and such.

ambrosse
April 1st, 2015, 10:24
You're. Over. Thinking. It.

Probably the FBI check is going to take so long you'll have to do a state check anyway. The consulate is going to work with you if the FBI doesn't like your prints or some stupid shit like that. The important thing is that you send in all of the required paperwork on time, with proof of your application and such.

Yeah, I suppose you're right...
I would like to think that JET wouldn't dump me off because the FBI didn't like my prints :/ It ain't my fault. I'm not a fingerprint technician. Now, if I lagged behind and didn't send in the check early enough, that would be grounds for disqualification.

JET ProgramCoordinator SF
April 2nd, 2015, 03:34
imo this is probably something to email the consulate and ask.

last year, we were supposed to get the background checks mailed to ourselves, and then send them to the consulate with the health check form and final transcripts. it probably varies by consulate, and it's probably different now that the background check procedures are changing, so the best thing you can do is shoot off an email asking.

ESID, after all.

Background checks should always be mailed straight to the Consulate. The only time this could possibly not be the case is if you're applying to Early Departure. Countries other than the US may have different procedures, though.

gibbity
April 2nd, 2015, 03:49
I had applied for mine hoping for it to arrive in time for my interview. It showed up the week after, of course. Does that me they would still want a copy of my application for the background check? Or am I fine just sending the results.

April 2nd, 2015, 08:06
Gibbity - If you applied for Early Placement and were accepted for normal departure, we can use your FBI Background Check. Otherwise if you applied for an FBI background check back in the fall and you DIDN'T apply for Early Placement, you'll have to do it again. We have had people who commit crimes over New Years (one guy was arrested for a DUI) or the months between applying and being accepted (~6 months). That's why we explicitly tell people not to do FBI Background Checks unless they're applying for EP - otherwise they gotta do them all over again.

Sherlock
April 2nd, 2015, 08:11
Does it matter whether the prints are taken electronically or with ink? Last time I had to do one of these the employer said they would only accept inked finger prints?

Ananasboat
April 2nd, 2015, 09:13
Shouldn't matter. It's only the FBI looking at them.

ambrosse
April 2nd, 2015, 12:37
Shipped my stuff out to the FBI. Now the wait.
Reply form and other business sent out too (minus the certificate of health).

gibbity
April 2nd, 2015, 22:54
Gibbity - If you applied for Early Placement and were accepted for normal departure, we can use your FBI Background Check. Otherwise if you applied for an FBI background check back in the fall and you DIDN'T apply for Early Placement, you'll have to do it again. We have had people who commit crimes over New Years (one guy was arrested for a DUI) or the months between applying and being accepted (~6 months). That's why we explicitly tell people not to do FBI Background Checks unless they're applying for EP - otherwise they gotta do them all over again.

thanks for the response SF.

naginataonthebrain
April 2nd, 2015, 23:56
Ughhhh, still waiting on the forms to be sent out from Atlanta. Also found out that my local police department only does fingerprints once a week and only for an hour and 45 minutes in the morning. So it won't be until mid-late next week before I can send my stuff out. :/

ambrosse
April 2nd, 2015, 23:59
Ughhhh, still waiting on the forms to be sent out from Atlanta. Also found out that my local police department only does fingerprints once a week and only for an hour and 45 minutes in the morning. So it won't be until mid-late next week before I can send my stuff out. :/

There's still time! I wouldn't worry too much.

April 3rd, 2015, 02:02
Does it matter whether the prints are taken electronically or with ink? Last time I had to do one of these the employer said they would only accept inked finger prints?

If you can, do it electronically. The read on your prints is better than on ink. They just scan the ink prints anyways so it's the same thing as doing it electronically, only you remove the ink step (which has a higher chance of smudging and creating unreadable prints).

singinglupines
April 3rd, 2015, 08:14
This is what I'm planning to use for my fingerprints at my local police station. However, they send the results directly to the FBI instead of giving you a card right? The form wants us to enclose a card, but if they are sent digitally, is there some sort of receipt we can include to show that we had it done and it has been sent to them?

This is exactly my question as well. My local PD has a webcheck fingerprint form but the results just get sent directly to the FBI then. How does the FBI know that the scan goes with my application if they don't go together? Confused.

webstaa
April 3rd, 2015, 08:30

Check with other police departments or sheriff's departments in the area. One might have an earlier opportunity if you're willing to go a little out of the way.

Aqua
April 3rd, 2015, 09:33
Check with other police departments or sheriff's departments in the area. One might have an earlier opportunity if you're willing to go a little out of the way.
Also literally any of the alternatives that were mentioned in this thread, unless you're holding out for electronic. None of the police departments in my area did, so in that case it's worth a call to clarify.

moonbeam
April 3rd, 2015, 09:35
I got my prints done at a private investigation service so you might want to check those out too. They also might cost less.

weepinbell
April 3rd, 2015, 09:40
Mine cost 5$ at my local police station lol.. they did the inked prints (let's hope they don't smudge...). It was incredibly easy. I don't know if I lucked out or what, but I'd definitely call around at some stations around the area.

Fantasylife
April 3rd, 2015, 10:12
I did ink prints, too. Two sets, so hopefully if one bombed the other won't. Personally, I thought they looked good. They delivered this morning. Love USPS tracking!

greyjoy
April 3rd, 2015, 11:31
Atlanta took forever last year to send out forms too. Don't panic. A few days won't make the difference. Honestly -and one of the coordinators can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong- I doubt more than a handful of people are kicked out for not getting paperwork in on time. If you're trying to get everything together, and it's late, especially due to known circumstances, there will be some leeway.

weepinbell
April 3rd, 2015, 12:05
I did ink prints, too. Two sets, so hopefully if one bombed the other won't. Personally, I thought they looked good. They delivered this morning. Love USPS tracking!

They only did one for me and they used their own card (which is the same format so I'm thinkin that's ok?) Did the cop put your ssn and stuff on yours? He left a portion blank but I figured he knew what he was doin...?

Also did you guys priority mail it? I was gonna just send it off with my mail people at work, but with how backed up the FBI is I'm thinking maybe I should UPS it or go to the post office and priority it....

Fantasylife
April 3rd, 2015, 14:09
I had to put the last 4 digits of my social and fill out the usual name, address, phone number. I also used their cards. I did priority mail, using those standard flat rate shipping envelops. I've never had any problems with them and they tend to deliver in 3 days or less.

Virgil
April 3rd, 2015, 14:32
Also did you guys priority mail it? I was gonna just send it off with my mail people at work, but with how backed up the FBI is I'm thinking maybe I should UPS it or go to the post office and priority it....

So they can toss it in the 4 month wait pile 3 days earlier?

weepinbell
April 3rd, 2015, 20:24
So they can toss it in the 4 month wait pile 3 days earlier?

Haha... Exactly. Nah mostly I want to track it so I know it actually gets there. It's only like 5$ might as well.

weepinbell
April 3rd, 2015, 22:05
I had to put the last 4 digits of my social and fill out the usual name, address, phone number. I also used their cards. I did priority mail, using those standard flat rate shipping envelops. I've never had any problems with them and they tend to deliver in 3 days or less.

On mine it says 'signature of person fingerprinted' and 'person to be notified in case of emergency' on the left... and then there's some under my name: 'fingerprints submitted by, date fingerprinted, social security no., miscellaneous no., scars and marks' lol.. I'm super confused as to what i should fill out. Obviously I should probably sign it but other than that??? :(

Perilwink
April 3rd, 2015, 23:54
Atlanta took forever last year to send out forms too. Don't panic. A few days won't make the difference. Honestly -and one of the coordinators can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong- I doubt more than a handful of people are kicked out for not getting paperwork in on time. If you're trying to get everything together, and it's late, especially due to known circumstances, there will be some leeway.

Come on Atlanta! >.< At least we knew about shortlist results, but I am anxious to get some of these forms done. I guess I'll just have to squeeze them in after work, since my Spring Break is ending this week.

Verbatim
April 4th, 2015, 00:22
Hey guys! I just finished up all my background check stuff and wanted to share an "it worked for me" update.

I went through my local UPS store, which uses the Field Print live scan system, and made an appointment online. It cost around 50 dollars. I got an appointment for the next day, scanned my prints which went directly to the FBI, then had my actual form and certified check at the ready to send through the mail via UPS.

I think the Field Print system is more expensive because you also get an expedited background check sent to you afterwards and confirmation of your prints by the FBI. I already got my results back and I'm really pleased with the peace of mind.

However, be sure to also send a physical form and payment directly to the FBI as that kind of personal report won't be accepted by JET.

Hopefully that helps someone out there!

EDIT: Well, now I feel like a fool because I just got a letter today from the FBI saying my fingerprint card was missing and that I would need to submit new ones. Field Print told me they would be sent digitally, but it seems like it went through a completely different system. Now I'll be re-sending good ole ink cards :-(

singinglupines
April 4th, 2015, 00:42
Hey guys! I just finished up all my background check stuff and wanted to share an "it worked for me" update.

I went through my local UPS store, which uses the Field Print live scan system, and made an appointment online. It cost around 50 dollars. I got an appointment for the next day, scanned my prints which went directly to the FBI, then had my actual form and certified check at the ready to send through the mail via UPS.

I think the Field Print system is more expensive because you also get an expedited background check sent to you afterwards and confirmation of your prints by the FBI. I already got my results back and I'm really pleased with the peace of mind.

However, be sure to also send a physical form and payment directly to the FBI as that kind of personal report won't be accepted by JET.

Fieldprint is one I looked at too. The guy on the phone told me they couldn't just send my fingerprint scans to the fbi, but that I'd have to get a full background check with them and that was too pricey for me. But good to know it's an option as a backup. I'm going to try to do Fast Fingerprint so that I can only get the scan done.

weepinbell
April 4th, 2015, 00:57

Wow done and already sent to JET? I already got my prints done and stuff (only 5$ with the cops so whatever), but this is tempting. They expidited the whole background check?

taysukidesu
April 4th, 2015, 01:01
My friend called the FBI and was told they're still working on applications from January, so somehow I doubt that...

Edit:
Does anyone know how to get a state background check though? I'd like to submit one ASAP because I'm paranoid that neither will arrive if I wait until June.

weepinbell
April 4th, 2015, 01:07
My friend called the FBI and was told they're still working on applications from January, so somehow I doubt that...

Edit:
Does anyone know how to get a state background check though? I'd like to submit one ASAP because I'm paranoid that neither will arrive if I wait until June.

I wanna say the state ones go a lot quicker than the one's we're doing now. I think our coordinators will work with us if they need to resort to those.

singinglupines
April 4th, 2015, 01:46

Edit:

You should be able to go through your state investigative bureau, i.e. Ohio's is Bureau of Criminal Investigation. Ours uses WebCheck and both my local sheriff and other places offer it.

naginataonthebrain
April 4th, 2015, 02:53
Yo, what are the chances that the consulate will be open today? It seems like a lot of places are closed because of Good Friday. Then again, I am in the bible belt...(and yes, I know the forms will come eventually but still. Not sure why Atlanta held off the forms when every other consulate had theirs attached to the shorlist email).

SailorZorro
April 4th, 2015, 03:30
I was under the impression that Field Print was a channeler service, so i didnt use them.
Instead I went to our jail house (a lot bigger than it sounds in my medium sized city) since that's where everyone told me to go. It was only $10, which was half of what everyone said it would be. The wonderful ladies there are so experienced since they do this everyday. They had an example of what I needed to fill out on the form, then she did my prints with ink. The technician who did it was very good and said she thinks the ink impressions are better. She also told me that shes been doing this a long time and my prints looked very clear. Here's hoping shes right.
I mailed the application in the flat rate envelope also, because not doing so said it wouldnt get there until April 14 (I used a large envelope so I didn't have to fold my prints) .

Verbatim
April 4th, 2015, 04:20
Sorry for any confusion. To clarify, yes, the background check you receive from Fieldprint would be considered "background check by channeler", and therefore not suitable for JET. You basically get the results in your email inbox to download from the FBI. They tell you on the Fieldprint site that if you want any certified official documents that can be send straight to someone other than you (apostille), then you also need to send an actual hard copy application separately to the FBI.

In that sense only your prints are traveling to the FBI by channeler, but your application is coming from you without a middleman and that's what counts. The certified official background checks are what are currently on backlog with the FBI right now, so those will definitely take quite a while.

EDIT: I was initially going to go through my local police department, but then discovered they also use a channeler service called Certifix so it would have been the same situation in the end.

weepinbell
April 4th, 2015, 04:34
EDIT: I was initially going to go through my local police department, but then discovered they also use a channeler service called Certifix so it would have been the same situation in the end.

Really?? Most just give you them for stuff like this... maybe it's different if you're in a big city or something?

Verbatim
April 4th, 2015, 04:40
I wish I could have gotten just a digital print out to send on my own, but I guess in a small town it's harder to come by? Meanwhile, ink prints abound! Haha

weepinbell
April 4th, 2015, 04:54
I got ink prints, though. I'm sending my original copy, and I know of other people who are, too... they just took a copy for themselves. Weird that they wouldn't let you have them!

naginataonthebrain
April 4th, 2015, 05:57
Atlanta finally sent out the forms! Huzzah!

Me_Gustavo
April 5th, 2015, 07:22
Doing two background checks (one for Canada where I was living for 18 months after graduation) and the US might be one of the most stressful things ever. The timeline is killer and I was sooooo caught up in anticipating the news that I was not mentally prepared to start visiting consulates and mailing forms all over the continent -_-. On the bright side my dream job starts in 4 months!!!!! Congratulations to all of the other candidates!

mothy
April 5th, 2015, 20:26
Dream job? Good god I hope you aren't talking about JET.

gibbity
April 6th, 2015, 02:55
Meh. Ride that hype train as long as you want. It stops running later in life.

Riza
April 6th, 2015, 03:03
Can anyone from the UK confirm whether or not they are getting their ICPC check sent straight to the embassy or if you are collating them with the health check form first?

greyjoy
April 6th, 2015, 10:16

Seriously, do not invest this much care into this process. It's important to get these documents together, but everyone is dealing with the same timeline, and Tokyo is aware of the circumstances. You don't need to have everything signed and sealed tomorrow. Send it certified if you want tracking, but unless you're not contiguous US, you're not going to gain any real time by sending it priority or next day, and not even then very likely. Getting a state background now is useless. Wait until you receive further instruction from you coordinator before creating additional paperwork for them.

I understand the pressure you feel to get everything in. Use that to stay on the top of the process, not to go banging on the door of the FBI demanding your background check this very instant because it's a matter of life and death.

taysukidesu
April 6th, 2015, 14:19
Getting a state background now is useless. Wait until you receive further instruction from you coordinator before creating additional paperwork for them.

I asked my coordinator beforehand and she said it was fine to do get one done early because of what's been going on with the FBI, though she said waiting was preferable as it saved money.
My state background check for another job in January took over a month to get processed, so I don't want to wait and risk this one also not arriving before the departure deadline, like the FBI check is certain to do.
Otherwise, I wouldn't have bothered.

greyjoy
April 6th, 2015, 16:02
My point is that JET isn't going to be like "sorry bro, outta luck." It's a known thing. By all means do whatever you're going to do, but stressing out at all about paperwork not going in on time because of backlogs that have nothing to do with you is hassle you don't need in your life. It would not at all surprise me if they decided to waive the state background check for everybody and just wait on the federal ones to arrive when they arrive. ~900 state background checks to process would be an annoyance the coordinators don't need on top of their already overfull plates.

weepinbell
April 6th, 2015, 22:28
Yeah, my coordinator is super aware of the backup, and I'm sure everyone else's is, too. They can't just say bye to 90% of their JETs if no one's background checks are getting processed because of delays that are out of everyone's hands lol.

Verbatim
April 7th, 2015, 07:19
Oh, weepinbell, your profile pic! It really speaks to me.

naginataonthebrain
April 9th, 2015, 02:32
On the fingerprint card for the FBI background check, it asks for employer name and address. Should I put my current employer's address? Or do I put JET's (in this case, the ATL consulate)? God, I feel so stupid for asking but I'm just paranoid when it comes to government forms.

ambrosse
April 9th, 2015, 02:58
Chicago told us to leave the "Employer and Address" and "Reason" blank, but I would consult your own consulate just in case.

weepinbell
April 9th, 2015, 03:26
Did anyone else send their FBI stuff certified? I let the post office lady talk me into it since I already had postage on the evelope and certified was a little cheaper than priority. However, since certified needs a signature, it's been sitting at the post office since Monday... anyone else's tracking showing up like this? I can't tell if it's a product of it being certified or of it just not having been picked up yet.

And my certified stuff to Chicago might have been lost in the mail, but that's another story... reports have been filed, so hopefully they'll get back to me soon. I'm just really frustrated because I haven't gotten any updates on either of them for a few days... :( Just wondering if anyone is having a similar experience, particularly with the FBI thing. It's really frustrating!

singinglupines
April 9th, 2015, 03:31
On the fingerprint card for the FBI background check, it asks for employer name and address. Should I put my current employer's address? Or do I put JET's (in this case, the ATL consulate)? God, I feel so stupid for asking but I'm just paranoid when it comes to government forms.

I didn't put anything. The lady who took my prints said I just needed to sign it. Hope that's okay. Google tells me potential employer.

naginataonthebrain
April 9th, 2015, 03:43
Chicago told us to leave the "Employer and Address" and "Reason" blank, but I would consult your own consulate just in case.

Whoops, I already wrote "Plan to work in another country (Japan)" as my reason. ATL didn't go into detail about how we should fill this out. I'm gonna call the police department and get their view on it.

hypatia
April 9th, 2015, 04:41
Oh, weepinbell, your profile pic! It really speaks to me.

It's really fantastic, I must agree. I actually found this series (sushi cats) in a gachapon machine randomly. They're adorable. This is the one that I won.

weepinbell
April 9th, 2015, 04:48
It's really fantastic, I must agree. I actually found this series (sushi cats) in a gachapon machine randomly. They're adorable. This is the one that I won.

Thanks guys! I'll be real, I have really high expectations for the amount of sushi I will eat and amount of cats I will pet in Japan. Let's hope it doesn't disappoint.

Okay, that is seriously too cute, I want one...

Shincantsen
April 11th, 2015, 00:06
Thanks guys! I'll be real, I have really high expectations for the amount of sushi I will eat and amount of cats I will pet in Japan. Let's hope it doesn't disappoint.

Okay, that is seriously too cute, I want one...

Yessssss. I have this cool guy on my desk - one of my coworkers brought him back from Japan.

Hla
April 12th, 2015, 03:08
Can anyone from the UK confirm whether or not they are getting their ICPC check sent straight to the embassy or if you are collating them with the health check form first?

I ordered mine to be sent back to me so I can post it with my health check form, I didn't realise that it should be sent straight to the embassy, hopefully this isn't a big deal.

Had the worst realisation this morning when I realised i left my signed photo on the side and didn't include it in my ICPC hopefully I can send it to the police separately [emoji29]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alternate
April 12th, 2015, 21:58

Last year I filled out the fingerprint card in its entirety; address, SSN, sex, race, height, weight, etc. For the "employer and address", I accidently put my employers address and not the address of the fingerprinting place. But, everything worked out fine!

I submitted my background check application in a large envelope with only the request form, credit card form and the fingerprint card. I was nervous that three pieces of paper would get bent just from being held so I cut a manilla folder to fit snug in the large envelope and mailed it like that. Now typing this I forgot to put a sticker on the envelope this year saying "DO NOT BEND". Oh well. I have a second fingerprint card just in case I need to use that instead.

I know my FBI results showed up at the embassy last year somewhere between April 30, 2014 and June 3, 2014. So, what's that? A max of eight weeks to process or something like that.

Anyway, I just mailed mine for this year out yesterday actually. So, I think we're all going to be fine!

x_stei
April 13th, 2015, 03:42
<!-- Rant and update
So it seems like I'll have to get a FBI background check as well. Possibly also one from RCMP. *sigh* I only have one day off and will have to get my international driver's permit application in along with my fingerprinting done this Wednesday... And also go pick up my passport from Windsor. *sigh*

I don't understand why Canadians were notified later and also has less time to submit their paperwork compared to you lovely Americans.
-->

webstaa
April 13th, 2015, 09:02
Well, at least the IDP is super easy to get.

Gizmotech
April 13th, 2015, 11:02
<!-- Rant and update
So it seems like I'll have to get a FBI background check as well. Possibly also one from RCMP. *sigh* I only have one day off and will have to get my international driver's permit application in along with my fingerprinting done this Wednesday... And also go pick up my passport from Windsor. *sigh*

I don't understand why Canadians were notified later and also has less time to submit their paperwork compared to you lovely Americans.
-->

Why would you have to get an FBI background check? Have you spent that much time in the US in the last 5 years?

x_stei
April 13th, 2015, 11:17
^ yes. I have.

Gizmotech
April 13th, 2015, 11:27
Well that sucks. Good luck with that!

x_stei
April 13th, 2015, 12:14
Well that sucks. Good luck with that!

Thank you. I think it will be okay! :)