PDA

View Full Version : Kumamoto or Fukuoka successors

Songs
May 15th, 2005, 18:37
Does anyone in either Kumamoto or Fukuoka know their successors? :D

Mike
May 15th, 2005, 22:48
and is anyone going to go near arao or omuta in kumamoto?

Dynamis
May 16th, 2005, 07:52
No, and I can guarantee that we wont be told early in my office too. Things are strict in Fukuoka ken! (But the municipal's get it EASY!!)

Matt

0bvious
May 16th, 2005, 09:10
KUMAMOTO REPLACEMENTS SHOUT 'HERE'

Songs
May 16th, 2005, 19:09
I wish I could shout "here" for Kumamoto...but, I guess I gotta wait!

rynelm
May 21st, 2005, 18:02
'HERE'

I've been placed in Hitoyoshi-shi in Kumamoto! I found the website for Hitoyoshi (it looks great, especially some of the photos). Any predecessors reading?

Songs
May 25th, 2005, 04:01
I'm in Koga, Fukuoka!

RSG
May 26th, 2005, 14:27
Hitayoshi is a nice town, I'm a 35min drive from there. V beautiful and you're about 45min to the nearest coast, and 1.5hrs to the city :)

rynelm
May 26th, 2005, 18:01
Oooh... sounds good, thanks.

Maybe I'll be seeing you soon then!

will
June 2nd, 2005, 10:27
I got a sneaky look at the list of successors for my town. If one of them might be you, let me know!

Theres a lad from Suffolk, UK, a lass from Hawaii and another from San Fran USA

JayDubya
June 2nd, 2005, 15:56
Things are strict in Fukuoka ken! (But the municipal's get it EASY!!)

You're right on the money mate. Lazy bastards.

brutaljam
June 7th, 2005, 00:29
>>I got a sneaky look at the list of successors for my town. If one of them might be you, let me know!

Theres a lad from Suffolk, UK, a lass from Hawaii and another from San Fran USA<<<

Will,

My girlfriend is from Honolulu, Hawaii and was placed in Fukuoka-ken. Her placement info just said the prefecture so we are unsure about the exact location. Where are you located now? Do you have any more info?
Thanks.

Dynamis
June 7th, 2005, 01:51
OK, the "hot" info for Fukuoka KEN ALTs is that the placements have been decided (for 2 weeks) but until some high up type officially rubber-stamps it, its not "decided" and no one can be contacted. You'll find out about the same time we do, depending on the postal system.

Believe it or not, we're almost as curious about who's going to be joining us for next year as you are about where you're going!

Matt

will
June 7th, 2005, 11:02
sorry to mislead you there, but i am in Kumamoto ken and not Fukuoka.

JayDubya
June 7th, 2005, 11:47
I heard that Fukuoka ken ALTs will get successor information at our meeting on Monday the 13th. Thats unofficial information, but the sheer excitement will get me through this week... i hope.

Im the only 1 staying in my apartment block so im keen to read all about my new neighours.

Songs
June 8th, 2005, 10:39
Hey guys there is a new website for Fukuoka Jets!

http://www.fukuokajet.com

Not much there yet, but it is supposed to take the place of the Yahoo group for the Fukuoka JETS.

Alice
June 27th, 2005, 14:19
Hi there! I was just wondering if you have an overlap with your predecessor/successor on the JET program. I thought that this could really help with getting to know the area and people, especially when you first arrive.
Does anyone have any first-hand experiences, good or bad that they could share?

JayDubya
June 27th, 2005, 15:03
Its up to the predecessor as to when they want to leave, as long as they are not in the accomodation of the new JET.

I had a 1 day overlap with my predecessor who stayed at a friends house for a couple of nights before going home. It was an OK experience i suppose, a chance for me to ask questions in person but to be honest i was still a bit dazed from the whole arrival thing.

Songs
June 27th, 2005, 19:47
I just went to the Q&A session for the Hawaii JETs yesterday. There are 12 of us invading Fukuoka-ken!!!!

Dynamis
June 28th, 2005, 01:00
Generally its a bad thing if your contract overlaps. If you are group A, and your pred is group B for instance, you may end up arriving and being dumped in a cheap hotel for a few days. The predecessor had priority, and will never be forced to leave early. Another option is a homestay.

Im just glad it didnt happen to me.

Matt

Doomer
June 28th, 2005, 13:10
Over on BD, some people are being forced to move out and find othr accomodation for up to 15 days.

Thats kinda stupid...dont they have contracts? One would think that those would protect them...unless the contract works differently in japan :!:

tash_bert
June 28th, 2005, 17:55
Over on BD, some people are being forced to move out and find othr accomodation for up to 15 days.

Thats kinda stupid...dont they have contracts? One would think that those would protect them...unless the contract works differently in japan :!:

ESID of course, but a lot of the time little respect is shown to the contract. Sometimes you really have to fight to get what your contract entitles you to. Those in charge are used to people just obeying them, so they can disregard contract specifics. If you start waving your contract around demanding it to be taken seriously they'll probably back down as they're not used to that type of behaviour... but you need to be prepared to fight!

Doomer
June 29th, 2005, 02:01
hmmm..interesting...ill keep this in mind...but its still a long way off...i havent even arrived yet!!