View Full Version : No Give Alien Registration = I Can't Haz Pension?

May 18th, 2015, 15:39
Thought I'd post here because seems more active than the appropriate forum, and VIP/anything goes, right?

I was researching about pension, specifically this CLAIR document (http://jetprogramme.ca/images/lump-sum_taxes.pdf), and it seems you can only apply for pension after you give your registration card. I was thinking/hoping I could dip back to Canada, get the process started and move back to Japan before my 90 days is up post-JET, but looks like I can't do that. Is this correct?

Goddamn it I want my money! That sweet 9ish grand.

May 18th, 2015, 18:01
Yeh, sorry man; I've heard of people trying to do this but I don't think it's realistically possible. I'm no expert, though, so definitely don't just go with my opinion on the matter.

May 18th, 2015, 20:36
Aight cool. You think you can move me over to the 'after japan' forum? Thanks ^^

May 19th, 2015, 06:54
You do need to hand in your registration card when you leave. If you can find a post jet job thats willing to sponsor your visa and go through the whole certificate of eligibility malarky then theres nothing stopping you going back to canada, starting the refund process then coming back a few weeks later on a fresh visa. Of course if you do cancel your registration card then your time in japan gets reset so if you were hoping for PR you'll have to hang around for another 10 years.

May 21st, 2015, 11:55
I have my card still. The guy punched a hole in it and gave it back to me after I filled out the "I'm leaving for good" form. I think as long as they have that form it counts as canceled. I have no idea how it works if you apply for a new card though.