PDA

View Full Version : Lost Health Insurance Card

Isola
June 5th, 2015, 09:37
So... has anyone ever lost their health insurance card?

I've found the form to fill out to apply for a new card, but is there anything else I need to do? I'm at the office now waiting for my supervisor to come in, so I'll ask him when he arrives. I'm just not really expecting anyone from the BOE to know anything...

webstaa
June 5th, 2015, 10:26
So... has anyone ever lost their health insurance card?

I've found the form to fill out to apply for a new card, but is there anything else I need to do? I'm at the office now waiting for my supervisor to come in, so I'll ask him when he arrives. I'm just not really expecting anyone from the BOE to know anything...

I had a friend get his replaced after he lost his wallet. IIRC it wasn't too much trouble - they got the form from the right desk at his yakuba, had his supervisor and someone from the department look over it and turned it in. I don't know if it cost anything. He had it back in a couple days.

BambooTelegraph
June 5th, 2015, 10:29
You brought your hanko?

Isola
June 5th, 2015, 15:36
Thanks for the info.
It sounds like your friend has national health insurance, while I'm insured by some company, so I wasn't able to hand in the form at the town hall. One of my co-workers has to take the form to the actual health insurance company and hand it in. She said the new card will be sent to me after that.

You brought your hanko?
I never leave home without it.
That being said, the form said that if you filled it out yourself, you didn't need to hanko it.

The moral of the story is to always put your health insurance card back in your wallet, even when you're out of it from being sick and soaked to the bone because you had to ride your bike through the rain to the clinic.