PDA

View Full Version : Anki

weepinbell
June 19th, 2015, 02:45
Hey, can anyone give me some recs for packs? I keep downloaded random ones that end up not being so great.

ALSO, I used to have this great pack for Genki I & II that had the lessons all broken up within the pack, so it wasn't just rotating every single vocab word... this was on my old laptop so I checked the name of it, tried to look it up and cannot find it anywhere or anything else like it... if someone has a similar rec or is able to dig it up please let me know. It was really helpful for me. Thanks!

lightpop
June 19th, 2015, 08:30
I like JLPT bootcamp's decks. They have all the vocabulary from each JLPT but everything that can be written in kanji is written in Kanji. I find it really useful to use them to learn kanji for words I already know.

BifCarbet
June 19th, 2015, 08:50
I had heard of Anki many times, and for one reason or another, never got it on my computer until today. I downloaded some JLPT grammar and vocab packs, and have been messing around. In the past few weeks, I've been second-guessing my skills. I've felt like I'm getting in over my head going to work in a public office. Anki is helping me remember that I actually do know Japanese, and I've already learned a few new things.

acpc2203
June 19th, 2015, 10:18
A lot of the packs got taken down for copyright reasons (The real core decks and probably those genki ones). The old core ones were pretty good for beginners as they had audio and sentences for the vocab.

Gizmotech
June 19th, 2015, 11:08
I actually just deleted anki off my phone yesterday. I haven't used it in over a year, ever since I started to bow to the gods of wanikani.

Zolrak 22
June 19th, 2015, 11:57
I haven't used it in over a year, ever since I started to bow to the gods of wanikani.

Praise the crococrab!

Naru-toes
June 23rd, 2015, 17:02
Why do you feel wanikani is better? I've been using anki, and i've liked it ok, but have been considering trying something new.

acpc2203
June 23rd, 2015, 18:47
Why do you feel wanikani is better? I've been using anki, and i've liked it ok, but have been considering trying something new.
Wanikani is basically a really well put together gated anki deck that you have to pay for.

Gizmotech
June 23rd, 2015, 18:49
Wanikani is basically a really well put together gated anki deck that you have to pay for.

Exactly. It's the perfect answer for someone like me that has money, and would rather not waste their time making a deck, and the gated thing is actually really nice.

Naru-toes
June 24th, 2015, 09:23
So if i already have a deck that i'm happy with there's no real reason to switch?

acpc2203
June 24th, 2015, 13:06
So if i already have a deck that i'm happy with there's no real reason to switch?
Yeah I basically stuck with a premade deck and had another one that I added my own stuff to as I found things from reading or class.