PDA

View Full Version : New skills/talents?

starxrox
July 23rd, 2015, 09:41
Was there something you tried in Japan that had never done before?

Did you come home with a new skill or talent?

Gizmotech
July 23rd, 2015, 12:48
Ya leaving the country. I'm never bringing this skill back.

naginataonthebrain
July 23rd, 2015, 14:35
naginata. duh.

starxrox
July 23rd, 2015, 14:51
That's cool :)

Virgil
July 23rd, 2015, 15:41
I developed a skill of sleeping in a leaning chair at internet cafes after missing the last train. Never did that back home.

Naru-toes
July 23rd, 2015, 20:08
Not only that, sleeping on trains, on streets, in mcdonald's, at my desk ... Really i've become a sleeping expert of sorts.

webstaa
July 24th, 2015, 08:25
Not only that, sleeping on trains, on streets, in mcdonald's, at my desk ... Really i've become a sleeping expert of sorts.

Dozing while looking like you're hard at work. Sleeping with mouth closed to avoid snoring.

Dealing with 36 degree heat and 100 humidity - and a car without AC.

Virgil
July 24th, 2015, 08:36
Dozing while looking like you're hard at work. Sleeping with mouth closed to avoid snoring.

Still can't do this. Too noisy for me.

Dealing with 36 degree heat and 100 humidity - and a car without AC.

TEXAS

webstaa
July 24th, 2015, 10:07
TEXAS

(Not a dig at you Virg - ) I always think that this is pretty funny - everybody always assumes that Texas, South Carolina, Missouri, Mississippi etc always has 100% humidity all the time... But when you look it up it rarely is.

Japan is much more consistently humid than Texas etc. And often times hotter too.

Virgil
July 24th, 2015, 10:14
(Not a dig at you Virg - ) I always think that this is pretty funny - everybody always assumes that Texas, South Carolina, Missouri, Mississippi etc always has 100% humidity all the time... But when you look it up it rarely is.

Japan is much more consistently humid than Texas etc. And often times hotter too.

Yes, Japan definitely averages high than on the yearly humidity scale. With that said, I come from a town that is very near the Gulf of Mexico. It is significantly more humid year round there than it is in even Houston (which is also comparably close.) In west Texas it's not humid at all. When I talk to Japanese people about Texas they say 'oh it's hot isnIt it? but dry?' Not in my Texas.

Japan is definitely more consistent with it's humidity, but it doesn't feel quite as hot to me.

Virgil
July 24th, 2015, 10:16
For reference, my hometown's forecast this week has highs at 38, and humidity 75-85%

Ananasboat
July 28th, 2015, 20:08
I learned scuba among other important life lessons.

hypatia
July 29th, 2015, 02:27
Hula dancing, oddly enough

hypatia
July 29th, 2015, 02:41

Japan is definitely more consistent with it's humidity, but it doesn't feel quite as hot to me.

I'm from North Texas. I have to agree with Virgil. More humid, certainly, but definitely not hotter.

Forecast for my hometown is highs around 39/40 with humidity around 45%.

Here it's around 30/31 with humidity in the 80%.