PDA

View Full Version : Minor concerns over the physical application form

Lost Bunny
September 29th, 2015, 11:22
Hi all! My embassy is still using physical application forms (the hardcopy version) and their instructions are really vague.

Some boxes are huuuuuuge and some can barely fit in more than 5 words at most in block letters. I've been alternating my font sizes for each blank and box to fit as much as possible, but it looks really messy. Can any seniors in the programme advise?

1) Do you use a different font colour (e.g dark blue) to fill up the answers, or do you use black?
2) Do you use the same font as the application form or do you use another font type to differentiate your answers from the questions?
3) What font size do you use to fill up the blanks and spaces?

Virgil
September 29th, 2015, 11:49
Hi all! My embassy is still using physical application forms (the hardcopy version) and their instructions are really vague.

Some boxes are huuuuuuge and some can barely fit in more than 5 words at most in block letters. I've been alternating my font sizes for each blank and box to fit as much as possible, but it looks really messy. Can any seniors in the programme advise?

1) Do you use a different font colour (e.g dark blue) to fill up the answers, or do you use black?
2) Do you use the same font as the application form or do you use another font type to differentiate your answers from the questions?
3) What font size do you use to fill up the blanks and spaces?

I would not deviate from any of the defaults set in the form.

uthinkimlost?
September 29th, 2015, 12:00
Just use Singlish in the smaller boxes.

I'd keep it a legible size / well spaced. Anything under an 11pt size starts to annoy me when my kids use it. (The default on my Japanese work comps has been 10.5.)

Unless it states ink colour, in America blue or black is acceptable. I'd probably use blue, because it makes the answers easier to scan to.

Is it something you can scan, type on, then reprint? Is it a pdf already?

Lost Bunny
September 29th, 2015, 16:02
I would not deviate from any of the defaults set in the form.

Hi, thank you! I'll probably use the same Japanese font type then, it's really ugly and spaced out when typed in block letters.

Just use Singlish in the smaller boxes.

I'd keep it a legible size / well spaced. Anything under an 11pt size starts to annoy me when my kids use it. (The default on my Japanese work comps has been 10.5.)

Unless it states ink colour, in America blue or black is acceptable. I'd probably use blue, because it makes the answers easier to scan to.

Is it something you can scan, type on, then reprint? Is it a pdf already?

Pfft, I think using Singlish will take up more space lor! And yeah, I'll probably take up your suggestion to format the form into PDF before filling up the blanks from there, the alignment and spacing kept changing while in Word.