PDA

View Full Version : Question for JET Coordinator

MinisterDM
October 2nd, 2015, 12:49
This is a question specifically for one of the JET Coordinators that are regulars here (or anyone else that thinks they may know the answer.)

My university transcripts include the ONE class I took at a community college. Grade and everything is posted.

Do I still need to include the transcript from that community college? Seems redundant but I want to be sure.

-MDM

weepinbell
October 2nd, 2015, 13:14
I asked this same question last year, and I was told to just include it. I think I emailed the DC people directly to ask... either them or Chicago. Either way I asked official JET people. It was just for a random Japanese class I was taking and I wasn't even done with the class at the time lol... just said 'in progress'. I'd say do it to be safe, and if a coordinator doesn't respond here, just email your consulate or DC.

Fantasylife
October 2nd, 2015, 18:25
Agreed ^^^

In the case of JET, better to always overdo it than under do it in my opinion.

Corvus
October 4th, 2015, 20:06
I had the same exact situation as you and I included it. In my application year at least, it specifically mentioned you should still included any and all transcripts regardless of if they've posted to your main school record or not.

Echoing the previous poster, include it now and take it off your list of things to worry about that may have potentially DQ'd you from an interview down the line.

Some consulates are lenient and follow up if you are missing some paperwork, while others might just bin your app then and there.

MinisterDM
October 5th, 2015, 14:23
Yeah, I am scheduled to pick up the other transcript in the morning. I will send it in just in case. Thanks guys!

Shincantsen
October 5th, 2015, 22:54
Some consulates are lenient and follow up if you are missing some paperwork, while others might just bin your app then and there.

Just wanted to clarify that all JET applications go straight to the country's embassy, and are checked and reviewed there. Your consulate will only receive your application if you're accepted for an interview, after the embassy has made their list.