View Full Version : Proof of Study Abroad

October 12th, 2015, 09:49

I have a question about proof of study abroad. I participated in the Critical Language Scholarship Program in 2009. It wasn't through my university, but the US Department of State. There were no transcripts or grades, just a certificate of completion at the end. Would this be sufficient as proof? Would this even be something I would submit to the JET program as study abroad? I was only in Tajikistan for 6 weeks. I just want to make sure I'm doing everything correctly. Any input would be greatly appreciated.


October 12th, 2015, 10:56
Yeah, the certificate will probably be more than enough, especially if it's all official-looking and has "US Department of State" printed on it somewhere. Most Japanese folks would probably think that was pretty cool.

October 12th, 2015, 20:58
Thanks, word! Now I just need to go through my files to find it

October 13th, 2015, 10:03
They took a digital copy of my teaching cert so... yeah.

October 18th, 2015, 12:26
I had the same deal. I went through my university but it was a short stay that wasn't graded, so all we got was a fancy certificate upon completion. I just made a copy and submitted that.

The only trouble in my case was the certificate was a huge fancy scroll, so I had to borrow a large scanner at school and resize it so the copied version would fit with the rest of my documents.