PDA

View Full Version : May have made a minor error on my application -- Thoughts?

Mouri
November 7th, 2015, 15:12
Hey everyone,

After reviewing my application repeatedly and trying to ensure everything was perfect, I may have just caught a small error...after I submitted it.

On page one of the application, JET asks for:

7a. City

7. State/Other

My question is are they referring to place of birth or current residence? I put my current city and state as it seemed most appropriate. However, after I submitted my application and started to fill out the Authorization and Release form, I noticed it asked for city and state of birth. It made me think that I hadn't put my actual city or state of birth anywhere else on the application. My Passport shows I was born in a different state, but doesn't mention the city.

They don't indicate city/state of birth (which they really should have if they wanted it listed...), so I'm confused with how to proceed.I was planning to mail my application tomorrow but this is holding me back now.

What do you guys think?

Thanks,

Mouri

CastleMilo
November 7th, 2015, 19:09
Hey Mouri, can't confirm for US but the UK equivalent for 7a and 7b ask for 'Home Town' and 'Home County' (its like mini states in the UK) and the instructions say 'write the Town and County you are most comfortable representing i.e know most about.
So I think you're fine with what you've put, I certainly put where I currently live.

Mouri
November 8th, 2015, 00:36
Hey Mouri, can't confirm for US but the UK equivalent for 7a and 7b ask for 'Home Town' and 'Home County' (its like mini states in the UK) and the instructions say 'write the Town and County you are most comfortable representing i.e know most about.
So I think you're fine with what you've put, I certainly put where I currently live.

That is GREAT to hear. I think I recall the US application saying something similar but I'm not 100% confident. I know right beneath it on the application it asks for address. So I've essentially put my home city and state in there twice.

Can anyone from the US confirm? I'll probably just put a sticky note on it just in case.

Thanks for you reply, CastleMilo!

Zolrak 22
November 8th, 2015, 07:25
Sticky Notes are the way to go for minor comments or corrections.

That's basically what I did last year and I was granted an interview.

(So I would imagine it didn't hurt my chances)

moonbeam
November 8th, 2015, 20:18
Soooo I when I applied I didn't know the city I was born in (mom was too busy having a baby to remember). My birth certificate and passport have two different cities. So who knows where I was born? Long story short, I just left it blank and I was fine.

But yeah, sticky notes for minor corrections are a good idea.

webstaa
November 9th, 2015, 08:15
If it's anything like the application I filled out a couple years back, it asks for your current city/state, but in the interview/later paperwork there was also a question of "what city/state will you'll represent?" in addition to a place of birth.

weepinbell
November 9th, 2015, 08:50
When it just says 'city', it's gonna be your current residence. On paperwork in general life, they'll always specifically ask for it if they want your place of birth.