PDA

View Full Version : Application Mistake

BabyKing
November 12th, 2015, 12:45
So after reading and rereading the checklist 1,000,000 times I felt confident that I sent off my application with all my 'T''s crossed, 'I''s dotted, and my paper clips in the right place. Unfortunately I'm reading blogs from last year saying that I needed to enclosed a second envelope that's self address with postage inside of my packet. I'm freaking out because my application has already been received without that envelope but no where on the website or the online portal does it say I need this envelope. Did anyone else encounter this issue????

Ini
November 12th, 2015, 12:59
application methods change. In my day you needed to include hundreds of self addressed postcards and envelopes and stuff for them to send you acknowledgments that the package had been received and then for letters offering you interviews and things (I guess Japanese embassies cant afford stamps). In this modern world of emails and internets and grindr I guess they dont need that stuff anymore. As long as you followed the instructions given to you for this years applications then you will be fine. Any information you read from blogs about previous years should be considered outdated.

haitch40
November 12th, 2015, 13:00
So after reading and rereading the checklist 1,000,000 times I felt confident that I sent off my application with all my 'T''s crossed, 'I''s dotted, and my paper clips in the right place. Unfortunately I'm reading blogs from last year saying that I needed to enclosed a second envelope that's self address with postage inside of my packet. I'm freaking out because my application has already been received without that envelope but no where on the website or the online portal does it say I need this envelope. Did anyone else encounter this issue????
That is just so they can send it back to confirm they got the application isn't it? Totally optional.

Ini
November 12th, 2015, 13:05
That is just so they can send it back to confirm they got the application isn't it? Totally optional.

thats on the UK application, not the USA one.

BabyKing
November 12th, 2015, 22:01
Oh ok, if it's to confirm that they got it, they sent me that notification through the online web portal the same day they got it in the office! Mini heart attack over!

krayziesensei
November 17th, 2015, 10:28
As Ini said, this year's application is much different from last year's.

Lorenzo
November 18th, 2015, 17:06
It's alright, at least you didn't forget the paperclips.

BabyKing
November 19th, 2015, 05:39
Is it really that important to use paperclips instead of staples?

Ini
November 19th, 2015, 06:32
it depends if you want to annoy the person reading and making copies of your application or not. Seeing as you are trying to impress these people and show them you are able to follow instructions its probably quite important but I doubt it would result in instant disqualification.

Lorenzo
November 21st, 2015, 14:41
Is it really that important to use paperclips instead of staples?

It's a matter of life and death.