PDA

View Full Version : Visa Application Payment

n107
January 26th, 2016, 17:36
I have a question about visa applications. Do you know if you are required to pay the fee if your application is denied? I know every time I've renewed my visa the postcard highlighted how much to bring for the visa but what if your request was denied? Would they still send the same postcard requiring you to show up and pay for just the process even though you're getting nothing?

Gizmotech
January 27th, 2016, 10:46
They should still send you the postcard as you need to know if you'Re accepted or declined, but it would seem odd that they would require payment if the application didn'T go through.

n107
January 27th, 2016, 19:01
Thanks for the reply. I'd find it odd too if they'd require it. But the postcard doesn't actually say approved or not, it just says to show up to learn the result. I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't bother with all that if there was no actual visa to receive but it wouldn't be the first time I've had my time wasted by pointless bureaucracy in Japan. Thus my question.

Pup
January 28th, 2016, 10:01
Sorry is it just me, but I feel like I've never paid for my visas or visa applications when coming to Japan for both my student visa and my working visa.

I'm Australian, do we have some kind of agreement? My missus needs to pay a shit load for her student visa in Australia though....

Ini
January 28th, 2016, 10:07
you pay for visa renewals/change of status.

I cant imagine you would have to pay for a rejected application

Pup
January 29th, 2016, 09:06
Well then TIL.