PDA

View Full Version : JLPT July 3rd, 2016

Torinn88
April 3rd, 2016, 16:49
Registration is open so get your 5,500円 ready because it's time to test yourself.

fryfry
April 5th, 2016, 04:06
huh. the last time I considered this, it was as a credential to put on my JET application. It was too late to apply then, but now that I've gotten in maybe I should do it to test my N-go. :P

vaterross
April 5th, 2016, 08:52
Hopefully putting down some cash and having the deadline ahead will motivate me to study.

edit: poo##op is the id I was given. bastards.

AyaReiko
April 5th, 2016, 13:55
I passed N1 in December. Sooo happy! Good luck to anyone trying it this year!

fryfry
April 6th, 2016, 10:05
huh. the last time I considered this, it was as a credential to put on my JET application. It was too late to apply then, but now that I've gotten in maybe I should do it to test my N-go. :P

double huh. I was unaware that the July test isn't offered in the U.S. Apparently I'll have something to study for myself while in Japan. :]

naginataonthebrain
April 10th, 2016, 14:07
Going for N3 in July (even though I should aim for N2) because I need that confidence booster. I'm pretty crap when it comes to standardized tests. Then, if all goes well, try N2 in December.

Zolrak 22
April 11th, 2016, 11:09
No disrespect or anything, but are you guys taking the test for a sense of accomplishment, for possible jobs or just to have a better idea where you stack up against other people?

Torinn88
April 11th, 2016, 11:45
No disrespect or anything, but are you guys taking the test for a sense of accomplishment, for possible jobs or just to have a better idea where you stack up against other people?

For me, the main reason is assessment and to give a logical progression to how I study. I used to study haphazardly. If it helps me get an even better job in the future, all the better.

naginataonthebrain
April 11th, 2016, 13:07
I'm taking it specifically for my grad school application. My top choice has a mandatory foreign language component. Plus, if I can somehow miraculously pass N2, that will widen my job prospects post JET.

Ebi
April 11th, 2016, 15:38
I'm taking the test for future jobs. I don't think the JLPT is a very good assessment of actual ability, but N2 is what many companies like to see so I figure I might as well have it on hand since I'll have to change jobs in a year or two.

Jiggit
April 11th, 2016, 15:41
I'm taking the test for future jobs. I don't think the JLPT is a very good assessment of actual ability, but N2 is what many companies like to see so I figure I might as well have it on hand since I'll have to change jobs in a year or two.

Wurd.