PDA

View Full Version : Interac 2016 - Alternate Track

Morsar
July 22nd, 2016, 08:58
Hi All,

I've applied with Interac, got told I was leaving in August on the main track and now I've been shifted back to the alternate track. I've not been given a leave date as yet and was wondering if anyone has any experience with the alternate track and when further confirmation might come through?

Eibig
July 23rd, 2016, 08:47
Hi All,

I've applied with Interac, got told I was leaving in August on the main track and now I've been shifted back to the alternate track. I've not been given a leave date as yet and was wondering if anyone has any experience with the alternate track and when further confirmation might come through?
I was told by Interac that people are notified of alternate positions about a month before they're expected to be in Japan. However, this only seems to apply to people who had regular track positions, were offered alternate positions and willfully accepted them; is that the case with you?

I wonder if this year they are using the alternate track as a way to bump people from regular August departure.

Morsar
July 24th, 2016, 20:04
I was told by Interac that people are notified of alternate positions about a month before they're expected to be in Japan. However, this only seems to apply to people who had regular track positions, were offered alternate positions and willfully accepted them; is that the case with you?

I wonder if this year they are using the alternate track as a way to bump people from regular August departure.

I received the official email stating that I'd been accepted for the August track along with a number of other emails eg. Staff Introduction, Online Resume Request and General placement info. Then got told that I could take the alternate track or be bumped to April next year.. Maybe they are using the alternate track to bump people, might be because of less placement positions being offered to them by the schools. Not sure, I'd be interested in some inside info if anyone has any on alternate track or Interac in general.