PDA

View Full Version : Interac Post-Seminar/Waiting for Hiring Decision

Axelkg
August 28th, 2016, 11:54
Hey guys,

I just recently had my seminar and in-person interview and it went pretty well; I'm currently waiting for the final hiring decision.

A few things keep eating away at me though and making me nervous. First off, I noted both on the question forms they give you and to the recruiter that I have a tattoo on my leg. She seemed to think it shouldn't be that big of a deal as long as I'm able to keep it covered, but I'm curious as to whether or not anyone else thinks it will make them question whether or not they want to hire me.

Also, I wrote on the "weaknesses" section that one of mine is that I'm "slightly shy." I have no idea why I wrote that, because it's not really even true and it goes directly against the personality of the people they want to hire. I think at the time I was struggling to come up with a legitimate weakness and that's the first thing that came to mind. What a mistake.

Basically, I'm just wondering what the percentage is of people that get hired after the seminar. I mean, do most people that get invited to one get hiring offers? Apologies for the ranty nature of this post, this waiting game is just killing me.

Thanks

raxel
August 31st, 2016, 05:57
I don't think tattoos will be a issue at all, I know people doing alt work in Japan with multiple tattoos in more visible places (one on the wrist) and so long as its covered it's fine. I waited 3 weeks after my seminar before being emailed about an offer of placement with Interac, so try not drive yourself too crazy refreshing your emails all the time like I did!!!

GodInStrafeMode
August 31st, 2016, 16:35
You won't wear shorts at work so your tatt(s) will be fine.

thinkingthink
September 2nd, 2016, 09:57
Hello,

I just wanted to put in my experience, and I hope it doesn't leave a negative impression on you.

Not too long ago I attended the seminar and interview.
As a weakness, I also said "shy/a little nervous", which I had no reason to say that. I'm really not.

It took 18 days to hear back from them, and I wasn't offered a job position. It does happen.
However, I hope you have better results! Please keep us posted. :)

Zolrak 22
September 5th, 2016, 10:57
If they interviewed you and noticed your outgoing personality. Then saying you are shy shouldn't matter.

(This is just an opinion I don't work for Interac)

Assuming the person evaluating is the same one that does the interview, they'll presume you are either good at hiding your weakness (and won't be a negative factor on the job), or you simply underestimate yourself (which again shouldn't affect you).

Either that or they thought you were outright lying... which is doubtful.

Axelkg
September 7th, 2016, 10:38
Sorry for the lack of responses on my part, I've been extremely busy and haven't checked this forum in a little while. I'm still waiting to hear back; it's been 17 days so hopefully they'll get back to me sometime soon.

Hello,

I just wanted to put in my experience, and I hope it doesn't leave a negative impression on you.

Not too long ago I attended the seminar and interview.
As a weakness, I also said "shy/a little nervous", which I had no reason to say that. I'm really not.

It took 18 days to hear back from them, and I wasn't offered a job position. It does happen.
However, I hope you have better results! Please keep us posted. :)

Unfortunately, this does worry me...I'm just really hoping that other parts of my interview/my demo lesson video are able to convince them that I'm not actually shy. Thanks for the responses everyone.