PDA

View Full Version : Visa expiration question

Lianwen
October 14th, 2016, 10:53
Can I turn in my renewal papers the day it expires? For example, mine expires on the 18th, which is Tuesday. Can I go Tuesday to turn my paperwork in or must I go Monday?

word
October 14th, 2016, 14:02
Damn; would you really wanna take that chance?

Ini
October 14th, 2016, 14:04
you could do but why on earth didn't you do it 6 weeks ago?

Isola
October 14th, 2016, 14:36
Your visa is automatically extended two (?) months once you turn in the application for processing, so it would probably be okay, but only immigration can really answer that question for you.

Ini
October 14th, 2016, 15:35
You can apply on the last day, however if you turn up and you have made a mistake with your paperwork/are missing something important like tax returns (this is lianwen we are talking about after all) then you could be screwed.

Lianwen
October 14th, 2016, 17:13
Really stupid reason actually, my work didn't fill out their section yet. I kept reminding them, but was told to keep waiting. I almost got them today, but my boss said he forgot his stamp so now I have to wait until Monday. Was planing on heading straight to immigration after getting it Monday. Tuesday was backup plan for any screwup.

Thanks, guys!

webstaa
October 15th, 2016, 07:57
Man, and here I thought I was weird for doing it two months, to the day, from it's expiration...

Lianwen
October 15th, 2016, 08:21
I started in September, but yeah. It's cutting it close now. Really don't appreciate my work taking their dear sweet time. In their defense, my boss has had a lot of personal issues recently to deal with.

Lianwen
October 18th, 2016, 09:19
Boss stamped it this morning :/

I'm literally going on the day of expiration. I'm seriously hoping I have everything.

My boss did not provide me with the company tax certificate. I don't remember needing this last year, but I just went up to the window and they're telling me I need one.

I hate my boss.

Frap
October 18th, 2016, 09:22
good luck girl

Lianwen
October 18th, 2016, 11:50
Finally left. Was told to prepare the paperwork just in case, but ugh cut it super close.

Saihken
May 4th, 2017, 10:25
If your school has a letter of intent to rehire hire you and they are the sponsors of your VISA if they are the cause of the application being late and you can probe it. You can always sue the school.