PDA

View Full Version : Singapore Interview 2017

threeemoons
January 11th, 2017, 10:47
Good morning!
Wanted to try my luck here to see if I will get replies, but is there anyone from Singapore who have received notifications for the interview? :)

imfine
January 11th, 2017, 21:46
Hi fellow Singaporean! Finally received confirmation today around 5pm!! All the best to you :D

marchsmiles
January 15th, 2017, 15:01
Hi fellow Singaporeans! I received my interview confirmation earlier this week too. All the best! Is anyone interviewing on the 19th too? :D

imfine
January 15th, 2017, 22:45
My interview is on the 23rd (wonder if it's because I submitted my application package on the deadline itself... ahaha) Could I ask, when you replied to confirm your interview attendance, there was no further reply/confirmation of confirmation right? Haha, sorry, super paranoid here :')

marchsmiles
January 16th, 2017, 13:41
Haha mine was a bit different - was originally scheduled for 23rd and I hadn't replied when Tina called me the next day to reschedule to the 19th. When I replied her email to say I could make it though, she did reply to confirm. Perhaps you could give her a call to check if your email got through? :)

imfine
January 16th, 2017, 17:58
Haha mine was a bit different - was originally scheduled for 23rd and I hadn't replied when Tina called me the next day to reschedule to the 19th. When I replied her email to say I could make it though, she did reply to confirm. Perhaps you could give her a call to check if your email got through? :)

Ah, coolcool :) will take that advice! Hope you have a great interview on the 19th!

marchsmiles
January 17th, 2017, 15:56
Thank you and you too! All the best! :)

hohoEMI
January 22nd, 2017, 00:01
Hello. Sorry I'm late to the party. I'm also a Singaporean going for the interview on the 23rd.
To those who already finished their interview, how was it? :)
Also, is there any aspiring CIRs here?

tstar
February 3rd, 2017, 14:13
Hi! Anybody applied to go in April? I did and I'm a bit panicky now in case I get selected. lol. Also, does anybody have any idea if accommodation costs will be provided or do we have to bear that on our own? The guide says we have to bear it but some threads seem to imply that some stipend was given to them.

webstaa
February 6th, 2017, 08:22
does anybody have any idea if accommodation costs will be provided or do we have to bear that on our own? The guide says we have to bear it but some threads seem to imply that some stipend was given to them.

That depends on where you go - each contracting organization will do things slightly differently when it comes to accommodation. Some will set you up with a realtor, advice, and maybe a small stipend (new organizations, especially in Tokyo have done this;) while some have a place and furnishings from previous ALTs and all you need to do is pay rent and buy any furniture you want/need that isn't included, and the rarest situation is that you get a fully furnished apartment rent free included in your benefits. Unfortunately until you know where you're going and the organization contacts you, you won't know for sure.

marchsmiles
March 2nd, 2017, 12:57
Hi! Has anyone heard back from them yet?

tstar
March 2nd, 2017, 13:27
Not yet for me!

RickyOld
March 28th, 2017, 00:49
Hey everyone, results seem to be trickling for people in the UK etc, best of luck for everyone here!

tstar
March 31st, 2017, 12:13
Hello! I got onto the final short-list, would like to get to know others who were shortlisted as well!

imfine
April 1st, 2017, 11:36
Hello! I got onto the final short-list, would like to get to know others who were shortlisted as well!
Hey, congrats! I've also been shortlisted and I still can't believe it?? The fact that I'm still struggling to complete my final year thesis is probably a factor (gonna celebrate so much after I'm done with this!!) Are you a student as well? How did your interview go (& were we at the same interview by any chance -- I remember talking to a cool pair of siblings who were applying together)? :D

tstar
April 1st, 2017, 13:15
Congratulations! You're so young! I'm 30, haha, have been working a while :D I went on a Monday and was crazy late. I'm surprised I got in, just looking at how late I was.

cdefg
April 1st, 2017, 17:03
im short listed too! anybody taking japanese language classes? wanna brush up

imfine
April 21st, 2017, 17:28
hi, sorry if this is a redundant question, but I can't seem to find my "JET number" which is needed for filling out the jet accident insurance form which we have to submit to the embassy -- does anyone know how to access it? i also don't remember being given a candidate number during any stage of the application (i searched through all the official emails i got from JET), wonder if it is a singaporean thing, or just me? thanks!

Gizmotech
April 21st, 2017, 18:54
hi, sorry if this is a redundant question, but I can't seem to find my "JET number" which is needed for filling out the jet accident insurance form which we have to submit to the embassy -- does anyone know how to access it? i also don't remember being given a candidate number during any stage of the application (i searched through all the official emails i got from JET), wonder if it is a singaporean thing, or just me? thanks!

You usually get your jet number once you arrive as the insurance forms are filled by your boe on your behalf.

imfine
April 21st, 2017, 19:54
You usually get your jet number once you arrive as the insurance forms are filled by your boe on your behalf.

Hi, thank you for responding :) we are required to submit the form to the embassy by june 2 though, so i'm wondering what to write. I've checked the official website and it seems that the jet number is standard for everyone with the year of application being the only numbers that change (comparing it with the sample pdf they emailed me). I guess i will just follow the number stated on the sample just to fill up that section for now haha

Gizmotech
April 21st, 2017, 20:08
Hi, thank you for responding :) we are required to submit the form to the embassy by june 2 though, so i'm wondering what to write. I've checked the official website and it seems that the jet number is standard for everyone with the year of application being the only numbers that change (comparing it with the sample pdf they emailed me). I guess i will just follow the number stated on the sample just to fill up that section for now haha

Just email your consulate.

tstar
April 22nd, 2017, 04:06
I asked Tina about this. She said we'll get our JET number when we receive our placement notice in May. She asked me to wait till then to fill it out.

imfine
April 22nd, 2017, 19:17
I asked Tina about this. She said we'll get our JET number when we receive our placement notice in May. She asked me to wait till then to fill it out.

Ohh I see, thanks so much!