PDA

View Full Version : Credit cards

acpc2203
January 17th, 2017, 14:03
Anyone had luck applying for a Japanese Amazon card? I have the US version and am thinking of applying for the Japanese one so I can more easily blow my money there.

Gizmotech
January 17th, 2017, 16:19
I got a rakuten card in my forth year without any trouble and heard of people getting it in their first recently.

acpc2203
February 1st, 2017, 14:07
Goddam got rejected from the lot, maybe better luck next time.

Frap
February 1st, 2017, 14:37
you're a flight risk

acpc2203
February 1st, 2017, 14:41
yup they know.

Frap
February 1st, 2017, 14:45
even rakuten tho?

for shame

acpc2203
February 1st, 2017, 14:46
I have a great credit score in the US too, maybe living in government housing makes them wary.

Gizmotech
February 2nd, 2017, 00:00
I have a horrendous credit score in canada and they gave me the card. Was also living in government housing when the card was issued. I suspect you fucked up something in the application.

acpc2203
February 2nd, 2017, 07:40
I hope so

webstaa
February 2nd, 2017, 08:24
My Japanese credit card doesn't show on any of my US credit reports - none of them even reported a "hard check."

Ini
February 2nd, 2017, 08:28
Japanese companies dont care about your filthy foreign credit score. keep plenty of money in your bank account and spend lots of money on rakuten and pretty soon they will be sending you emails every other day offering you cards.

acpc2203
February 3rd, 2017, 12:43
I did buy a bunch of crap off amazon, I'm going to try again for both though. Hopefully I fucked something up.

Saihken
May 4th, 2017, 19:01
Japan and Canada / America use different credit reporting agencies. Credit Reporting Agencies are actually private run companies and have federal restrictions preventing selling or distributing information across countries. Your credit score in another country will have no effect on your Japanese credit score. However, that's only how it works right now. It's hard to say how that will work in the future. Also if you are applying for a credit card directly from a company i.e. directly from VISA as opposed to from a bank that provides Visa cards, the private company will have access to your credit score from another country and that might weight on your application. However, if you are applying from a bank here in Japan your credit score from a different country shouldn't show up because they are applying for a credit number that has no credit reported to them from your account information.

ChasingTheSun
May 12th, 2017, 12:21
I managed to get an ANA credit card my first time applying after having a frequent flyer account with them for 2 years. Maybe try an airline if you have a membership with them. This was after I got rejected from Rakuten and Aeon.