PDA

View Full Version : Matsuyama City Placement

HappyJadeBuddha
May 25th, 2004, 05:22
Got my letter today:

Ehime-ken Matsuyama-shi

Fuckin' A!!!! My first choice, and not only just nearby, but the actual city.

Anyone else close by?

adammoogle
May 25th, 2004, 05:30
heh, noones replying to my posts about tottori so i'll bug you guys on here! :P

i'm not close i suppose but not too far away either, still getting over the shock of actually getting placed!

dobs just a ferry ride away i think in hiroshima...

and congrats, :D i think your the only person i know who got there exact choice of placement...who says Jet can't get anything right...is this an omen?

HappyJadeBuddha
May 25th, 2004, 05:45
where the hell's tottori?

is that on shikoku?

is it me, or is this site experiencing server problems? also, the chat doesn' seem to work today, either.

r_a_y
May 25th, 2004, 05:52
tottori is in chugoku, not on shikoku. but still, relatively close i suppose...

and yeah, chat is fucked. site does seem really slow too

Muffskkg
May 25th, 2004, 12:36
Got my letter today:

Ehime-ken Matsuyama-shi

Fuckin' A!!!! My first choice, and not only just nearby, but the actual city.

Anyone else close by?

I'm so jealous!! Altho you did tell me you'd be finding out soon. I just want to know! However, our placement letters were mailed yesterday so I know it'll just be any day now. 8O

SV650
May 28th, 2004, 11:55
Sup kids

I too will be in Matsuyama shi, cant wait to meet yall!

-SV

kellicopter
May 29th, 2004, 22:43
hey im in tokushima which in on shikoku,so not too far away

i basically got my first choice as i asked for tokushima city and i got kawashima-cho which is a distict of the city, so im 15 min drive from city centre

cool all
SV....you can get a big bike and ride up the coast and visit me

kell

May 30th, 2004, 04:25
did anybody else get a welcome email about high schools today? are the high schools scattered around ehime prefecture or are they all in the matsuyama city?

Deb
May 30th, 2004, 12:37
Hey HappyJadeBuddha,
I'm in Matsuyama too.. can't wait to meet ya! Where are you from? I'm a Nor Cal girl finishing school in Santa Barbara. So far I've heard good things about Matsuyama.. hopefully theyre true... ttyl!
Deb

HappyJadeBuddha
May 31st, 2004, 06:31
Deb,

Matsuyama is great. I loved it last time.

I assume you received your packet from the Matsuyama BOE.

What do you think about the housing choices?

I'm torn.

--Andy

Deb
May 31st, 2004, 11:48
Hey HJB,
For housing I'm thinkin Gaikoku Seinen Shukusha.. you cant beat that rent! And its nice that its furnished. I don't know much Japanese and have never been, so I think being around other JETs will help me adjust better. THe downtown would be cool, so maybe if i stay a second year ill try that. The distance shouldnt be too bad, that would be a quick bike ride (except in the rain).. I'm thinking about getting a scooter.. that would be so cool. Anyway thats my preference... ttyl
Deb

downonrodeo
May 31st, 2004, 11:59
Hey guys, I just got my package from Matsuyama! I am so wrapped - Ehime was my first choice! And even though I put 'town' on my preferences, I know that Matsuyama will be just the right size (compared to Osaka or something crazy). I am over the moon. It's been a lonnnnng wait.

Deb I too am thinking of going the furnished Western apartments. But then, I'm really cheap. :lol: I guess it would be nice to see some pics of the places.

HappyJadeBuddha
June 1st, 2004, 05:19
I heard there are only four JET apartments downtown, and new JETs don't have priority on them.

Based on that unconfirmed information, I requested downtown. Most probably I'll be seeing you guys in the Okudogo apartments, though.

Either way is fine with me.

Downtown is damn cool, though....

HappyJadeBuddha
June 9th, 2004, 02:00
I got an e-mail today from the BOE saying they want to place me in Okudogo.

It's a relief because at least I know where I'll be living. Rent is damn cheap, too.

Have you heard anything, Dave?

downonrodeo
June 9th, 2004, 12:32
Congratulations Duffy. I sure hope I get the same email, but it hasn't come yet.

Okudogo is sooo cheap...

And sound like nice environs up there too.

HappyJadeBuddha
June 10th, 2004, 07:21
okudogo should be okay.

i'll get my scooter, so i won't have any problem getting to where the action is in a minimal amount of time.

it beats paying four bucks for a 40-minute bus ride.

July 5th, 2004, 12:17
so the SHS people told me i'm going to a school in matsuyama-shi. for the vets around here, are there any academic high schools in matsuyama or am i just hoping for too much here? am i going to have to find my own place to live since all y'all have already gotten housing placements?

what is there to do in matsuyama? any kenjutsu dojos? everybody bringing a baseball glove? =)

dobharrison
July 4th, 2005, 10:13
I've started writing the wiki for Matsuyama City here:

http://www.ithinkimlost.com/wiki/index.php?title=Matsuyama_City

My girlfriend lives there, so I go quite often. Feel free to add any more useful information!