PDA

View Full Version : Nagano

purplemarkie
May 25th, 2004, 06:22
Anyone else going to Nagano? I have been placed in Honjo Village (about an hours train ride outsde of Nagano). Anyone know anything about the area?

Thanks

morikyd
May 31st, 2004, 15:50
Hey Purple,
I am in Nagano too.
Looks good to me. Its "the rooftop" of Japan so we get lots of skiing and majestic views, but I am sure you already knew that. Unfortunately, it is about all I know.
Look forward to meeting you. Are you leavig with the A or B group? I am A.

purplemarkie
May 31st, 2004, 19:40
Hi,

I'm leaving in group A from the UK. Do you know where you have been put in the prefecture? Have you had any contact with your predecessor? If you YAHOO, you can sign up for the nagano yahoo group:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/naganojet/ (I think)

I found my predecessor here.

Look forward to meeting you too.

Purplemarkie

morikyd
June 1st, 2004, 07:37
I am in Shiojiri-shi. Its right next to Matsumoto.
I sent in the little "getting permission to join" E-mail to the Yahoogroup, but its been almost a week and I have gotten no response. Makes me wonder if I screwed it up somehow? I would really like to find my pred!

Lucy
June 28th, 2004, 00:04
Hi!
I'm gonna be in Nagano City, which should be pretty cool! I'm leaving with Group A from London. I've been in contact with my pred quite a lot, she's pretty cool and told me loads of stuff.

Well, see y'all at orientation! :D

Pete
July 13th, 2004, 20:10
Hey!

I'll also be heading off to Nagano in little under two weeks time - wow, scary seeing that written down... I'm in a village called Asashina, near to Saku city. Hope everyone's packing etc is going well! I'm in group A so I gues I'll see some of you at the airport!

Pete 8)

morikyd
May 30th, 2005, 08:04
Awww, this sad little thread. No one has added anything in ages.
So all you new Nagano-ites, speak up and we will guide into a smoother-er transtition into life here :-D

sundstrz
May 31st, 2005, 22:08
Hey guys

I got my placement in Honjo village and I am stoked to go. Nagano was my first choice, and now I am going to be in the heart of skiing in Japan :D . I was in Hakuba last year for a week and not only is this part of Japan just beautiful, but the train ride from Nagano is only about an 1.5 hours. I am from Indianapolis, IN, but I am wanted to know where all the other Nagano JETs are from and where they are going to be. Also, is the current JET in Honjo village on this message board. If so, what can you tell me about it. Many thanks.

inaka_aussie
June 1st, 2005, 13:49
Hey, welcome to Nagano. One of the greatest kens around - as you already know -- some of the best snow about and opportunities to go boarding every weekend for all of winter and up until start of May! PM you the other day - check your PM box. I am a CIR in the east of Nagano. I knew your predecessor - Mark. Anyways - if you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

morikyd
June 3rd, 2005, 14:42
Hi there! Welcome to Nagano!
I am from Indiana too :) (Up by Notre Dame)
I am leaving this year though. However, if I can answer any question or help you out somehow, let me know. Nagano is a great place to live and there are some really cool people sticking around.