PDA

View Full Version : osaka

professor_chimpenstein
May 25th, 2004, 21:38
Sorry to post outside of UK placements but im just too excited!

I just got an email from the BOE in Osaka checking my email address is correct so im guessin thats where Im off to! It was an email sent to many other addresses so im guessin there are more of you out there!

Woo hoo! - That was my first choice!

Any others osaka bound please message me!!!!!!!!!

Chimp

muna
May 25th, 2004, 22:47
Wahey! I've been placed in Osaka-fu; so it looks like I'll be a prefectural ALT. Still waiting on precise details as yet, and for all I know I could be somewhere out in the sticks. Plus still no contact from my pred. Why does it seem that this whole JET process has just been one massive waiting game??

Interested to know if anyone from the UK is Osaka bound too? And if so, what orientation are you attending? (I'm going to the Edinburgh one)

Does anybody have any info on Osaka? (With regards to how good a placement it is) I know that ESID, but most people who've been to Japan that I've told I'm going there have said I'm lucky as Osaka is cool...

Hannah
June 1st, 2004, 05:02
Thought I'd post on here too as I found out Gojo is right on the Osaka prefecture and Wayayama prefecture boarder (south-east corner of Osaka if anyone is looking at a map!) I am closer to places in Osaka and Wakayama than Nara by the look of things!

Does anyone know if AJET events/gatherings are strictly for the prefecture? Eg if Osaka was to organise an activity would folk from Nara be able to take part and visa versa?

C ya there!

Hannah X

professor_chimpenstein
June 1st, 2004, 16:49
Why not just lie about where your from.

Failing that I could help you sneak in. Im off to Osaka City in July.

Look forward to meetin u once were out there!

James :)

Hannah
June 2nd, 2004, 07:58
Hi James,

C U in Osaka sometime, I hear it is the place to go and party!

Hannah X

Like the hamster avator! (Or is it a monkey/chimp?)

cottamg
June 2nd, 2004, 10:50
Thought I'd post on here too as I found out Gojo is right on the Osaka prefecture and Wayayama prefecture boarder (south-east corner of Osaka if anyone is looking at a map!) I am closer to places in Osaka and Wakayama than Nara by the look of things!

Does anyone know if AJET events/gatherings are strictly for the prefecture? Eg if Osaka was to organise an activity would folk from Nara be able to take part and visa versa?

C ya there!

Hannah X

Don't worry Hannah... I'll invite you to the Hyogo AJET gatherings if you invite me to yours ;)

professor_chimpenstein
June 2nd, 2004, 20:05
Hell we coould all just post when the meetings are on here and all turn up if we live close - a damn good excuse to get togehter and have a booze up if nothing else!

And I think its a hamster that teaches children stuff - You can buy DVD's tshirts and even underpants with that little guy on.

Not that different from me then. :D

- except for the dvds, tshirts and underpants.

So really quite different from me :?: ah well

James

cottamg
June 2nd, 2004, 23:37
And I think its a hamster that teaches children stuff - You can buy DVD's tshirts and even underpants with that little guy on.

not sure I'd feel comfortable with a hamster in my underpants.. but hell.. I'll give it a go.. :)

professor_chimpenstein
June 4th, 2004, 00:44
Consider this - it could be worse - it could be a ferret

colleenyb
June 8th, 2004, 03:21
Hey Guys,

I got a letter Friday from the Portland consulate stating that I've been placed in Osaka-fu, but I don't know the exact location yet. I'm stoked because it was my second choice and I hear it is the most international place in Japan!

professor_chimpenstein
June 8th, 2004, 07:00
from what ive heard osaka is a great place to live.However it also has the third highest cost o fliving of any city in the world - second only to tokyo and Moscow - apparently.

Im sure we we all be ok though - my boe said that even tho' living can be expensive it is more than possible to live cheaply.

See all of you soon!

So you lot are my substitute family while im in Japan eh?

Ahhh arnt I lucky

James

Nikbot
June 8th, 2004, 18:54
Osaka was my 1st choice, but I haven't received my placement yet. Fingers Xed.

Nikbot
June 9th, 2004, 16:37
I just got a phone call today telling me I've been placed in Osaka city! I'm excited. Too bad about the whole cost of living thing ... I hope my rent is subsidised.

colleenyb
June 10th, 2004, 01:44
Hey Paul,

Sorry, but what's a SHS? Is it a type of housing?

Thanks

cottamg
June 10th, 2004, 02:09
Hey Paul,

Sorry, but what's a SHS? Is it a type of housing?

Thanks

:) SHS = Senior High School

JHS = Junior High School :)

hmm.. perhaps we should set up a glossary of acronyms?

colleenyb
June 10th, 2004, 04:18
That's cool, thanks. I actually thought it meant Senior high school, but the comments on the housing situation directly afterwards kind of threw me off.

The list for acronyms might help for future questions though.