PDA

View Full Version : Must I tell my boss about JET?

Hayden
August 31st, 2005, 02:59
I'm hoping this is a situation a few current JETs found themselves in.

I have a good job in the UK, but would like to apply for JET. Because the application process is sooo long, I don't really want to tell my employer until I have to - and that's really only when I know that I've been offered a place. If I don't get in, I'll probably stay in the same job until I can apply again...

I've managed to get good referees without asking my direct boss, but notice that on last year's application you needed to put down your employment details anyway.

Does anyone know if the Japanese Embassy will want to contact my current employer before making me an offer? Is this realistically something I can keep quiet at work?

(They'll probably work it out when they see that all my web usage for the last 3 months is on JET related sites!)

TomB
August 31st, 2005, 03:21
They didn't contact mine.

Doomer
August 31st, 2005, 10:05
I doubt the embassy will call your current job...they didnt call mine...my seargent would have told me!! besides they have enough work to do just sorting through all the apps and reading em....that doesnt leave much time for calling...i think they just want to see if you can hold down a job for any real length of time...it shows how dependable you are!

Good luck!

Ini
September 3rd, 2005, 03:21
Open the conversation with news of how you have impregnated their 13 year old daughter. After this any talk of Japan will go mostly unnoticed