PDA

View Full Version : Which group are you in? And orientation stuff!

Hannah
May 26th, 2004, 05:41
Hi all!

As the UK placements have started flooding in, I thought it would be interesting to know which groups people are in.

London A (24th July)

London B (31st July)

Edinburgh (Not sure if there are 2 groups?) sorry :cry:

I am in group B (31st July) :D

Also, how many people are thinking of going to the 'special invitation' meeting in London after the orientation? Is anyone planning on staying in London that night? (Thursday 8th July)

(London Group B Orientation = 7th-8th July). Maybe a get-together is called for on the Thursday night?!! :wink:

(Edinburgh Group B Orientation = 12th-13th July).

I don't mean to exclude Australians, Americans, South Africans or any other departure location! Please feel free to add to this :)

C U all soon!

Hannah X

lorenzokenzo
May 26th, 2004, 06:06
Hi Hannah

Im in group B too..

I'll be going to special invitation thing at embassy and crashing on a mates floor somewhere i'm sure..

Anyone got any ideas what the dress-code is for Uxbridge daytime orientation..i'm guessing casual???

Jonathan
May 26th, 2004, 06:23
Hiya

Group A here. I'd also be interested to know about the dress code for the UK orienatation, hope it's casual!

Jonathan

xx

Chiara
May 26th, 2004, 07:09
I'm Group B. The Edinburgh orientation is 12th and 13th July, so you'll need to fill us in on what goes on! As far as I can tell, our reception with the Consul General isn't reeeeally optional, as it seems to be timetabled into the first day's events!

HappyJadeBuddha
May 26th, 2004, 13:29
I'd just like to say that B RULES!!!

Thanks for reading.

Dynamis
May 26th, 2004, 16:22
Hey hey,

Another B here.

I'm also heading to the reception at the embassy. It finishes at 8pm, plenty of room for a drink or two there before the last bus (or i start ringing my mates who live in london).

Matt

PS. We can go out on the Wednesday night too, right??

Chiara
May 26th, 2004, 17:00
Your reception finishes at 8pm? Ours doesn't start until 8pm! They've got us timetabled from 9.30am right through to 9.30pm on the Monday... the Shape Of Things To Come?

WuTAN
May 26th, 2004, 17:01
Hey!

I'm in group B too! I will try and make it to the reception, though, it'll be difficult to get there on time. As for the drinks after the recption, I'm there! Has anyone gotten any word regarding the dress code for the orientation?

Dynamis
May 26th, 2004, 17:29
As for dress code: Here's hoping for casual, but I'll have my suit with me for the reception anyway...
Matt

dobharrison
May 26th, 2004, 17:43
I'm group A, so therefore it must be the best. 8)

We will scout out Tokyo ahead of you Group B people and leave a trail of riddles to guide you to the best bars. But we will also leave traps for the unwary, so watch out!

joe
May 26th, 2004, 18:16
A A A A A A
:twisted:

dobharrison
May 26th, 2004, 18:25
You're going six times!?!

Dynamis
May 26th, 2004, 18:29
I will try and make it to the reception, though, it'll be difficult to get there on time.

WHAT?! You were the one who told me it could be done in time!!

60 minutes is barely enough for the journey, let alone getting changed and stuff. Hopefully we'll finish early or something...

WuTAN
May 26th, 2004, 19:07
even if we do make it on time... we'd have to lug our bags around with us at the reception...! we can make it back into central London within 60mins, it's just that it'll be rush hour when we do! rush hour is not pleasant at all (especially during summer). we'll see how it goes!

candy4juju
May 26th, 2004, 19:19
i'm in london group b on the 7th and 8th, bit silly as i'm (hopefully) graduating on the 9th in Edinburgh :? gonna have to miss the reception thing and hop on a train!

could someone more london savvy tell me how long it takes to get out to the orientation place???

Cornelius
May 26th, 2004, 20:18
London, Group A.

Ger
May 26th, 2004, 21:41
I'm in group B.

I know nobody cares but I don't want to be a peasant anymore so thought I'd say anyway.

Dynamis
May 26th, 2004, 21:55
Long live group B!

(Must get more posts than Dob!!)

dobharrison
May 26th, 2004, 22:38
You're getting there Matt, but for every little post like this that I write I get one more!!!!

Sinbad
May 26th, 2004, 22:42
Another London group B.

dobharrison
May 26th, 2004, 22:45
See? And here's another one! Hang on, you can delete my posts, can't you? Oh no!

nitrate
May 26th, 2004, 23:18
London Group A for me

Damn, I wish I was in Group B - Got a really good friends wedding on 24 July and I wanted a weeks holiday at the start of July before i have to surrender my passport!

A :x

rocky_racoon
May 26th, 2004, 23:33
group A

I gotta fly in from norn iron the night before, stay in a dirty hostel with shit on the floor and mouth droppings on the pillow and then fly back home , then fly back to london before flying to tokyo, i'm flying of on my hols next week too!.....i know the air industry is in crisis but with people like me to keep them going there shouldn't be any need to worry......hmm..now where is that sick bag!..... :)

VinceXII
May 27th, 2004, 03:24
I'm also in B, which has been prophesized to be the cool group.

nitrate
May 27th, 2004, 06:28
how bizarre that we'll be 5km apart in japan, yet we will be orientated separately! :?

solacegirl
May 27th, 2004, 06:48
Group A for me and reception too...Funky Buddha is right round the corner if anyone fancies an R'N'B/Hiphop night afters send me PM for guestlist :D

Hannah
May 27th, 2004, 07:13
Hi folks,

I hadn't noticed the finish time of the orientation / start time of Minister Seiji's reception at the embassy... Doesn't give us much time to get there does it...?! As Matt says will need to get changed etc. (it says please dress appropriately... damn it, that rules out my angel costume. :wink:

I think they will let us go early from the Japanese language sessions. After all it is 3 hours in the morning and 3 1/4 hours in the afternoon! (agh!) I will investigate!

Anyone who is driving may find this difficult though. (Driving into the centre of London is crazy man!) This is why I was planning on catching the train (I don't do trains as a rule, :( but thought I'd make an acception for this. Will have to get used to it in Japan after all!)

I guess we will sort something, and count me in for drinks after (goes without saying!) and of course Wednesday eve too!

Is it true we have to share a room with someone at Brunel? How bizarre!

H x

Lucy
May 27th, 2004, 16:36
Group A for me too!
I've booked a room for the night before as well... getting there at 9.30 from Hampshire is too damn early for me! :)

p.s. Love your avatar, Jonathan!!

cottamg
May 27th, 2004, 16:42
I'd just like to say that B RULES!!!

Thanks for reading.

I second that emotion. :)

and yeah.. I'm in Group B

dobharrison
May 27th, 2004, 18:30
it says please dress appropriately... damn it, that rules out my angel costume. :wink:

NOTHING rules out your angel costume, Hannah. In fact, I was thinking of wearing something similar myself...

cottamg
May 27th, 2004, 19:37
it says please dress appropriately... damn it, that rules out my angel costume. :wink:

NOTHING rules out your angel costume, Hannah. In fact, I was thinking of wearing something similar myself...

two little angels, all dressed in white...
following the tunnel to get to the light...
the light went out, they tripped and fell...
trying to get to heaven but they all went to.... :)

all those who vote for dob and Hannah wearing angel costumes at orientation say "Aye!"

:)

dobharrison
May 27th, 2004, 19:42
DON'T tempt fate, that's all I'm saying.

cottamg
May 27th, 2004, 20:43
Hannah, yes it's true.. we have to share rooms.. :)

*fingers crossed*

come on, angel suit!!!! :)

G

dobharrison
May 27th, 2004, 20:45
You have to travel all the way to London from Australia!?! That seems a bit harsh - what kind of stunt is JET pulling?

You seem to be very enamoured of Hannah's angel costume, but then who wouldn't be, eh?

cottamg
May 27th, 2004, 21:02
You have to travel all the way to London from Australia!?! That seems a bit harsh - what kind of stunt is JET pulling?

You seem to be very enamoured of Hannah's angel costume, but then who wouldn't be, eh?

It'd be worth it. :)

Although, from what I understand the japanese enjoy dressing up (it's called cosplay)... so.. in the interests of "fitting in" I think both Hannah and you [dob] should bring the costumes to wear at the Tokyo orientation. :)

G

richuk
May 27th, 2004, 21:18
I'm Group A, and will be going to the Ambassadors reception, just to see if they have a big fuck off bowl of fererro Roche thingys!

I work right next door to the Embassy aswell, so can spend the time between leaving the office and going to the reception in the pub. Hopefully this will increase my ability to make a good impression!

Hip Hop night at Funky Buddha afterwards sounds good. Count me in!

R

dobharrison
May 27th, 2004, 22:53
Do I need to book 2 extra nights in London then? Woah! Best check the train times.

Right, where did that costume go?

Dave
May 27th, 2004, 23:11
Dudes, feel the joy. I too am in group B (London) :D

Hannah
May 29th, 2004, 04:18
I'm Group A, and will be going to the Ambassadors reception, just to see if they have a big fuck off bowl of fererro Roche thingys!

I work right next door to the Embassy aswell, so can spend the time between leaving the office and going to the reception in the pub. Hopefully this will increase my ability to make a good impression!

Hip Hop night at Funky Buddha afterwards sounds good. Count me in!

R

I dare someone to say "Ooh, Ambassador, with these fererro roche you are really spoiling us!" Snigger snigger! 8)

So Rich, are group A going to the same reception as B?

As for Funky Buddha, I'm up for that! What is the dress code? Will I get in wearing my angel costume?

oooh er missus!

Hannah X

PS Dob, what ya thinking of going as?!

PPS Gareth, R u coming all the way from Oz to share a room with me?! :wink: Bless!

dobharrison
May 29th, 2004, 06:33
Ooh, that was funny, Hannah!

Unfortunately, I won't be going. I just realised, being in group A, I won't be able to unless I book 3 nights in London ... and my credit doesn't stretch quite that far!

Shame, it sounds fun.

I still want to borrow your angel costume, though! :wink:

cottamg
May 29th, 2004, 14:36
So Rich, are group A going to the same reception as B?

As for Funky Buddha, I'm up for that! What is the dress code? Will I get in wearing my angel costume?

PPS Graham, R u coming all the way from Oz to share a room with me?! :wink: Bless!

Group A and Group B go to completely different receptions I believe. :(

heh.. we could turn the reception into a fancy dress.. I wonder if I could get away with wearing a lil' devil outfit? ;)

As for coming all the way from Oz to share a room.... if you wear the angel outfit.... what can I say.... I'm yours!

Gareth

Hannah
May 29th, 2004, 18:35
Sorry for getting your name wrong Gareth!! :oops: *bows politely*!

Anyway, I think I might have to give the angel costume a miss for the reception, but maybe we could work on a fancy dress party/night out once we get to Japan... (Kell, this could be your house warming for your huge JET house!)

I'm not so sure about the night out after the reception (Thursday) now either as I should probably get the train home on Thursday night...

1. ) I already have to skive 2 days off school (work)

2.) Staying in the centre of London is pricey (and I don't really want to kip on my cousin's skanky student room floor! Yuk!)

If not Funky Buddhas (a bit too funky for such an angel!) maybe I could manage a wee drink in the pub b4 heading off tho, if anyone is up for that?!

Just noticed they are cooking Japanese on "Saturday morning Kitchen"!! Anyone else constantly reminded that they are going to Japan? I had a ton of 'signs' leading up to interview, acceptance and placement!

Spooky! 8O

Han X

Hannah
May 29th, 2004, 19:07
I heard that every day last week! I know, grrr!

Han X

cottamg
May 29th, 2004, 21:16
IYes, Radio1 keep playing "Be my girl" by JET !!! GRR! X

Ahh.. JET ... great australian band.. :) enjoy... damn.. wish I was leaving from England now.. :)

oh well.. I'll meet you all at the reception I guess...

kellicopter
May 29th, 2004, 21:54
hey
im in grp A

see all of you in tokyo and those in grp B that I miss we will ahve to have our own party in august

kell

cottamg
May 29th, 2004, 22:22
Long live group B!

(Must get more posts than Dob!!)

Dude... you're a shogun.. can't you just.. I don't know... GIVE yourself more posts? :)

yabighoor
May 29th, 2004, 22:53
Long live group B!

Edinburgh group B are the cool ones, oh yes we are. Lets hear it for the boys is on the radio. :D