PDA

View Full Version : Any placements yet for upgraded London alternates?

Neil
May 26th, 2004, 05:54
Hi

Congrats to everyone who has their placement details, i'd like to find out real soon where i've been assigned. The post lady thinks i've turned perculiar.

I got upgraded from alternate on the 10th May and while speaking to the London JET desk last friday about changing my contact details, they told me that those applicants which have been upgraded this month may not receive their placements this week.

As my faith in the british postal service is reaching an all time low, have any other upgraded London alternates received their envelope yet.

Thanks,

NC

adammoogle
May 26th, 2004, 07:20
hey neil,

I'm an upgraded alternate (yay us!!! :lol:) but not in london, i'm all the way up in leeds, and i was told on the 13th of May i'd been put onto the short list (oh happy times!!! :D) and I've not heard anything since from the UK embassy, except for the letter saying congradulations you've been upgraded (*sounds of me jumping up and down excitedly*) and a phone call to say they had recieved my medical form....

no placement letter yet...but i did get a welcome to tottori-ken email so i think i will be heading there (and wrapping up warm :( )

did you see that channel 4 doc about the royal mail??? 8O scary...but i thought at least if jet don't call i could get a job there :D

anyways, don't worry, and if you get nothing tommorrow email the jet desk i'm sure they'll be happy to help ya (they are been paid to do just that!!! :twisted: )

Neil
May 26th, 2004, 17:41
Cheers for the info.

I didn't see the documentary which may be fortunate as i am moving house tommorow and have entrusted the royal mail's redirection service to forward any stray post.

I informed the JET desk last week of my new address but it still doesn't stop me being terrified that something will go tits up.

If you could let me know when you receive your letter i'd be very grateful.

Thanks,

NC

Laura
May 26th, 2004, 18:01
Hey Neil,

YeaH, I was also upgraded on 10th May. Rang up JET desk yesterday and they said as I'd been upgraded early, I should be hearing about placements soon, but obviously not as soon as all the other shortlisters! I woke up at 5am this morning, hoping the postperson had been, but alas, nothing yet! Fingers crossed.

adammoogle
May 27th, 2004, 06:47
postperson

bah!!! postman pat was not a person, :P

Neil, i've been told that it could be as late as june 2nd before i get a letter... :roll: