PDA

View Full Version : Saitama Ken Prefecture Placement

Petesmp
May 26th, 2004, 12:17
I thought it would be nice for those who will be in Saitama to post here and maybe we could all get to know each other. I know Saitama is a big place, but from what I know it's a nice place to live.

Myself:

Pete Weber
Hamilton, Ohio USA
Placemeint: Gyoda Saitama
Leaving out of Detroit July 31
Email: Pman5000@aol.com
AIM: Pman5000

frizbri
May 26th, 2004, 16:37
Hi! I've also been placed in Saitama-ken, in Koshigaya-shi.
I'm 22, from Adelaide Australia and will be in Group A so will be arriving a week earlier.
Off to go study my map again now and see where Gyoda is!
Bri

WuTAN
May 26th, 2004, 16:53
Hey guys!
Saitama-ken for me too, though I won't know exactly where until mid-june! If you guys can provide any good information sites on Saitama, I would really appreciate it!

My 411:-

Thanh Ly
London, UK
Saitama-ken (awaiting further info from CO)
Flying out of London on the 31st of July
my email: thanh32@hotmail.com

I'm looking forward to meeting you guys! ^_^

Thanh.

frizbri
June 3rd, 2004, 12:15
I heard Saitama got the most JETs out of all the prefectures... where are they all????

weens
June 3rd, 2004, 14:26
I've been placed in Saitama-ken, don't know exactly where yet waiting for the CO to contact me.

I'm 23, female from Western Australia and I can't stand not knowing!! It'd be cool if we were kinda near each other, at least we'd know some familiar faces!!!

schirmer
June 7th, 2004, 23:50
Hello. Im off to Saitama City next month. I am a 22 American male. Have any of you been contacted yet?

frizbri
June 8th, 2004, 09:49
I received a letter last night from the Koshigaya Board of Education which included a contract, information about the city, and a letter from the current JETs with general information about money, apartments etc.

Prem
June 14th, 2004, 04:11
Hi there, Ive been posted to saitama too, to the town of washimiya, although i dont know anything more than that - has anyone received more info than that?

Im 22 From England and leave with group A - anyone else going to the london orientation at brunel university on the 5-6th june?

look forward to meeting everyone!

Pables10
June 16th, 2004, 00:13
Hi, my name is Paul from Madison, WI USA. I have also been placed in Saitama. I am eagerly awaiting to hear which city I will be placed in.

Petesmp
June 16th, 2004, 09:18
are you leaving out of detroit? If so I am too...

pepperphd
June 17th, 2004, 10:49
Greetings, everyone,

I'm actually in Gunma-ken, but my town is located right along the Gunma/Saitama border, so I imagine I'll be living closer to some of you than to some of my own co-prefectureans (not that that's a word, but you know what I mean). :)

I'm originally from southern California but have been living in upstate NY for the past six years; it's a little unsettling to think that I'll be moving somewhere more rural still, but hey, I think we're all looking forward in our own way to the drastic change of scenery. Y'all sound like a friendly group; if ever you find yourself wanting to make a run for the border and cross into Gunma, you'll find a host and tour guide in the little town of Onishi.

Hope everyone's preparations are going smoothly!

best wishes,
Daniel

weens
June 17th, 2004, 17:05
I got an email today from my CO. They've passed my info onto my pred Miss Ronningen, so if she's around, I'd love to hear from you!! I'll be teaching at Omiya Commerical High School, whatever that means!!

Susan
June 19th, 2004, 03:14
I will be in Saitama-ken, Saitama-shi. My name is Susan, and I'm from Nebraska. I am 21 years old and have been to Japan twice in the last year or so (once in Saitama). I'm leaving from Kansas City. I haven't heard any other info on my placement. :cry:
Well, that's all for now. :)

Petesmp
June 26th, 2004, 12:37
Got word from my BOE today and found out my address in Saitama and the details of my contract. Also found out my supervisor's information. I don't think I have a pred. though. I'll be teaching Junior High and Elementary. Which is good, since that's what I have most experience with.

frenzy
July 9th, 2004, 10:18
I'm Saitama-ken, Saitama-shi, at a high school called Tokorozawa-kita.

Here's the skinny on moi:

Name: Scott Wells
Dallas, TX (Yehaw!)
Saitama-ken
Flying out of Housotn on the 24th of July
my email: swells@merxyn.com

I've been to Saitama on a trip to Japan last year, and I loved it. Saitama was incredible.