PDA

View Full Version : Leeds JETs!

dandandiddly
May 26th, 2004, 20:41
Hey, if there are any other Leeds JETs, we should all get together before we go, adammoogle - i think you said in your post that you were from Leeds???

There is me (ALT) and 2 other CIRs that are going from Leeds University (that I know of)

Any others knocking about??

Dan XX

Lia
May 26th, 2004, 22:08
Hey!
I'm from Merseyside but went to Uni in Leeds
i'm actually comin up to visit for the bank holiday weekend so if you happen to have a Leeds JET get together this weekend then i'd love to come along!
i'll keep watchin for any more news
Lia xx

adammoogle
May 27th, 2004, 05:39
:D hey hey fellow leeds jets!!! :D

a drink sounds like a great idea, as would knowing what group everyones in, maybe we could car pool for orientation???

how lucky are we to live in the best city in the country and be going on Jet aswell!!! 8)

anyone know where there going? i'm off to yonago city in tottori i think, no confirmation on that from the embassy yet though...

theres a free pint for the first one to reply!!! :wink: :D

Alpot
May 27th, 2004, 17:20
I am slightly slack, I've kind of left Leeds already, and I'm only going back for a couple of nights, when I've already got plans.
Are you all in group B? If so I'll see you at the orientation anyway.
I'm placed in Yamaguchi-shi, and have just found out I'm only allowed to work 17 days a week (every weekend is a 3 day weekend!), I don't have to pay key money, have a spare bedroom in my apartment etc etc!! Hope you guys have all got good placements too.
See you in London (well, wherever that place is),
Alex :lol:

Alpot
May 28th, 2004, 03:12
Yeah, yeah, you know what I mean! I've always had a few problems with time/days etc. Still, 17 days a month is pretty good news for me!
Alex.[/b]

dandandiddly
May 29th, 2004, 18:47
I will be in Akitakata "city" in hiroshima, new city made of 6 separate towns, population grand total of...... drum roll please-34,000 - so that probably means that each town can't have more than 5,500 people in it - inaka here I come!

How did you find out all the stuff about your placement Alex - did you get an email from your predecessor? Do you know where Sam is going? HoYi says that she is still on the alternate list, and hasn't heard anything :cry:

adammoogle
May 30th, 2004, 02:21
dammit when r the drinks??!?!?!?!!? :?

and dan, your not far from me! we can spread lovely yorkshireness throughout honshu!!!!