PDA

View Full Version : Miyagi

r_a_y
May 26th, 2004, 22:05
Yeah!

Got, my first choice Miyagi. :D

Miyagi-ken, Ogatsu-cho

any other soon to be miyagi-ites hanging around?

lol, there was a typo on my placement letter. i was getting nervous when i couldn't find the town anywhere...

rocky_racoon
May 26th, 2004, 23:46
miyagi-ite here too, ( murata town Ii didn't specify a placement so dont know wether to laugh or cry although im very excited all the same...do you know where i can check the place out?.....later..

eaglecaphiker
June 2nd, 2004, 16:05
Hey! wanna be neighbors? i'll be in yamoto, and i really have no idea how far that is from your town, but can't be too far!
miyagi was also my first choice, so i'm super stoked. all i really know is that it is some-what rural, gets cold, and there was a big earthquake in 03.
do you have any other information on the area? or any good sites to go to to learn more?
later,
kim

r_a_y
June 2nd, 2004, 21:59
yamoto-cho is actually pretty close to Ogatsu-cho which is where i'll be. they're both in the Ishinomaki area :D

try this site to find your town:
http://www.jnto.go.jp/mapindex/E/mapindex.html
yamoto is the town to the left and down from Ishinomaki city.

this site has alot of stat's about your town
http://www.toukei.maff.go.jp/shityoson/map2/04/562/index.html
not that i can read japanese or anything, but it looks like yamoto-cho has a population of 31,500.

and here's the town webpage
www.town.yamoto.miyagi.jp

hope this helps you out :)

eaglecaphiker
June 3rd, 2004, 15:34
hey, thanks a lot for the info. you're right though, the sites don't help too much unless you speak japanese, which i don't...yet!!

have you heard anything from your hosts yet? i was told we'd be getting a packet of sorts from them soon. i'm curious as to whether or not there will be more JETs in my town...guess i'll just have to wait and see, huh?
how EXCITING!

thanks again for the info!
kim

r_a_y
June 6th, 2004, 00:59
nope, still haven't heard anything from my BoE. but i did get in contact with my predecessor so i do know a little bit about my placement. and i'm the only jet in my town, sigh... not that i'm suprised or anything, as i pretty well knew i would be when i found out the size of Ogatsu (only 5000 people)