PDA

View Full Version : UK Group B

Ger
May 27th, 2004, 01:19
Hello there

I just thought I'd start a lttle something to build up a picture of who I'll be meeting upon my first real experience as a JET participant.

I am in group B- anyone else?

dannoot
May 27th, 2004, 01:26
I'm in Group B too! Going to Saga-ken. Where abouts are you?

Daniel.

Hannah
May 27th, 2004, 01:28
Hiya Ger,

I'm in London Group B too. Heading for Gojo city, Nara prefecture.

Where you you going? (I'm beginning to loose track of where everyone is headed!) :?

Hannah X

PS C U at Orientation!

Dynamis
May 27th, 2004, 01:46
UK Group B

Heading to Fukuoka

Cya at Brunel!

Ger
May 27th, 2004, 03:10
I'm gonna be in Fukuoka-ken

I must say this is not helping my revision one bit

WuTAN
May 27th, 2004, 06:02
group B - Saitama-ken
see you at London orientation!

Lesley
May 27th, 2004, 06:20
I'm group B too. I'll be heading to Nagasaki-ken but not sure exactly whereabouts yet. Looking forward to hooking up with you all in London :wink:

Dave
May 27th, 2004, 22:59
Let me in the club! Pleeaaaase!

I'm group B and going to Tochigi prefecture :)

Kat
May 28th, 2004, 02:55
Yay dave, wir koennen deutsch zusammen! Well done on placement, pleased? Hey, you're on my side of the country at least!

Just bumping up the good group...

Dave
May 28th, 2004, 04:45
Wunderbar! Ich freue mich darauf, Kat! :D :wink: :) :wink: :) :D

(sorry kids)

I think I'm pleased(ish) with my placement...it's just a little worrying how little information there is about it on the net! :?

Fyrey
May 28th, 2004, 11:21
I could look up all the places that you Group B people are going to, but judging from the geographical spread of placements and the fact that I've actually heard of a few of these places - Osaka, Fukuoka - is anyone in Group B actually placed in the inaka? Or are we all large town/city bound?

Dynamis
May 28th, 2004, 16:39
Or are we all large town/city bound?

Aha, hahah, HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Yeah right.

Actually, I hope not, cause I hate stinking cities.

Fyrey
May 28th, 2004, 18:02
Or are we all large town/city bound?

Aha, hahah, HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Yeah right.

Not that this assumption is based on any real empirical evidence,

but....

The guys JET bound from my home town who are in group A are all in tiny tiny villages, a couple not that far from some of the places you Group B fellas are in. We assume they are tiny villages because Google has never heard of them (And if Google don't know you, you're no-one son). Plus, making general sweeping er.. generalisations - Nagasaki-ken, Fukuoka, Osaka, Saitama aren't probably reeking entirely of Inaka-ness.

So maybe, Matt, you won't get your rural idyllic setting.....

lorenzokenzo
May 28th, 2004, 18:05
I'm Group B going to Kishigawa Town, Wakayama

Dynamis
May 28th, 2004, 18:59
I'm sure thats a coincidence. Imagine all the poor non-Brits who have no control over their group.

yorkie
June 2nd, 2004, 19:34
I'm in group b too! heading to Yamaguchi prefecture..but don't know where yet!

Is everyone going to the reception at the embassy after our orientation in London, cos it starts at 6 or something, but we don't finish our orientation until 5!!! How to we get from Uxbridge to Picadilly in an hour and "dress appropriately!"?

See you all in London. Looking forward to it! :)

Dynamis
June 2nd, 2004, 22:02
Yes, a few of us are going. As for timing.... well thank goodness for london's cheap, efficient, reliable public transport system. :o

:lol: :lol:

See you there!

Matt