PDA

View Full Version : Dates of employment/things!

rotkopf
October 19th, 2005, 11:33
The new online application forces you to enter a date in the form MM/DD/YYYY for EVERYTHING you have done, or it won't let you continue. For the teaching experience portion, there are two date fields: "from" and "until". For some of my instruction experience, I'm still doing it, so I have no idea what to put in the "until" spot. I tried "present," but of course it wouldn't accept that.

Should I put the date when I think my position is going to end? Today's date? The date they'll be reading it? This is the kind of thing that makes me hate online applications.

Or is this the kind of thing I should call the consulate for?

Doomer
October 19th, 2005, 11:51
Put the future date that your tenure will be done...but id call the consulate too...just to be safe...they really need to add a present option to that...

daneish
October 20th, 2005, 03:32
If I were you, I'd just give up now.

merc
October 20th, 2005, 06:19
Be sure to post what the consulate says, Im in the same boat.

Doomer
October 20th, 2005, 08:08

And so the competition begins!!!

rotkopf
October 20th, 2005, 08:46

Why? Can't handle some stiff competition? Go cry in your pillow.

daneish
October 20th, 2005, 13:03
Why? Can't handle some stiff competition? Go cry in your pillow.

Methinks the competition isn’t too stiff from one who must ask a message board how to fill out dates on an application.

Ini
October 20th, 2005, 13:15
CRIPPLE FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

liquidindian
October 20th, 2005, 13:40
Methinks

Using the word methinks earns an automatic ban from Japan. As a result of this post I'll have a week to pack my bags.

daneish
October 20th, 2005, 14:21
Much like anal warts, this is a virus that is easily transmitted to the unwitting passerby. Rather than fight it (and have it certainly consume you), it must be embraced. Once again, much like anal warts.

Ini
October 20th, 2005, 14:26
mmmm anal warts, the nipples of the buttocks

rotkopf
October 20th, 2005, 23:05
Methinks the competition isn’t too stiff from one who must ask a message board how to fill out dates on an application.

Hah, not hardly. If you had any current work and teaching experience to fill out, you'd know what the problem with the fields was. Too bad for you.

I've noticed in your posts you've suggested many people quit so you'll have more of a chance of being accepted. Methinks that someone who's so afraid of competition isn't very secure in his chances, and probably rightfully so.

rotkopf
October 20th, 2005, 23:07
Using the word methinks earns an automatic ban from Japan. As a result of this post I'll have a week to pack my bags.

Actually I think it should earn an automatic ban from life. Kind of like "irregardless". I feel dirty even having used it in a mocking context.

angry_professor
October 21st, 2005, 00:41
Are you so bad at making judgement calls and thinking for yourself that you have to ask other people's advice on this issue? It's like asking the guy next to you in the bathroom to hold your dick at the urinal. It's fucking painfully simple to fill out the application form.

I think you'd be better suited to flipping burgers at McD's than being a human paperweight at a school here in Japan. Seriously. What the hell?

rotkopf
October 21st, 2005, 01:57
Are you so bad at making judgement calls and thinking for yourself that you have to ask other people's advice on this issue? It's like asking the guy next to you in the bathroom to hold your dick at the urinal. It's fucking painfully simple to fill out the application form.

I think you'd be better suited to flipping burgers at McD's than being a human paperweight at a school here in Japan. Seriously. What the hell?

Last time I checked, this was a forum for asking questions about the application process, not taking your frustration out on others because you were born with a miniscule penis.

As you did not have to fill out an online application, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. As usual.

dobharrison
October 21st, 2005, 08:58
Is this thread for real?

Ini
October 21st, 2005, 09:01
yo they be trippin boo

Pandilex
October 21st, 2005, 09:06
CRIPPLE FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

Have you seen that site with the boxing or something, it was Japanese, and it was crippled people fighting each other. It had movies to download too but the site at that time was under such high traffic from cripple fight loving nips that I couldn't download anything.

Only Japan could turn something like that into an actual event.

Ini
October 21st, 2005, 09:11
you mean the site i posted a link to 6 months ago? Keep up lad! I'm on the cutting edge of cripple related entertainment

angry_professor
October 21st, 2005, 09:14
CRIPPLE FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

Have you seen that site with the boxing or something, it was Japanese, and it was crippled people fighting each other. It had movies to download too but the site at that time was under such high traffic from cripple fight loving nips that I couldn't download anything.

Only Japan could turn something like that into an actual event.

An actual event? I've got some cash to put up for entry fees for a few of these buggers here. I'm generous like that. Anybody want to quote me some odds on a Hamaguri Vs. Rotkopf cage match?

Pandilex
October 21st, 2005, 09:16
you mean the site i posted a link to 6 months ago? Keep up lad! I'm on the cutting edge of cripple related entertainment

repost

Ini
October 21st, 2005, 09:19
http://www.ithinkimlost.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1907&highlight=family+entertainment

rotkopf
October 21st, 2005, 10:25
Is this thread for real?

Yeah, it's for real, and it's an entirely legitimate question. Applications get thrown out on technicalities like this.

angry_professor
October 21st, 2005, 11:15
Applications get thrown out on technicalities like this.

No they don't. You aren't applying to the CEO position of Johnson and Johnson, here... it's freaking JET. They don't give a shit about what day exactly you ended your previous job, or when your teaching experience might end. It's just a typical application paperwork question that gets scanned over and ignored by the people looking at the hundreds of applications that come in. What's important to them is the vague idea that you have some real experience under your belt. Too bad they'll never be able to tell what a loopy decisionmaker you are from your answers, though.

Truth be told I was in a similar situation as you when I applied, but at least I had the wherewithal to just make up a date in the sensible future, and get on with things.

Lighten up there, tiger.

Ini
October 21st, 2005, 12:17
don't listen to him, they double check every detail. If theres any mistakes you will be blacklisted and will never be able to visa for japan. They do indepth background checks and by the time it comes to the interview they know all your dirty little secrets. I was asked in my interview about the time I screwed the class rabbit at primary school and blamed it on the special needs kid.

Fyrey
October 21st, 2005, 13:15
Or is this the kind of thing I should call the consulate for?

Call them. Immediately.

What are you stoopid or something?

Doomer
October 21st, 2005, 13:46
Isnt there some kind of gentlemens agreement going on about NOT throwing insults at newbies in this forum? :?:

Fyrey
October 21st, 2005, 13:48
Some of them aren't that new.

And yeah, some of us aren't gentlemen.

This doesn't mean you can be moderator though. Shitstain.

Ini
October 21st, 2005, 13:49
the only gentlemens agreement I signed up to was never wipe your cock on another mans curtains

Doomer
October 21st, 2005, 13:52
Some of them aren't that new.

rotkopf is and i think you should leave her alone

And yeah, some of us aren't gentlemen.

im quite aware of that

This doesn't mean you can be moderator though. Shitstain.

not trying to be but seeing as YOU brought this agreement up a few weeks ago i thought id bring it up again before the admins decide there needs to be a new mod...

Ini
October 21st, 2005, 13:58
take it outside ladies

angry_professor
October 21st, 2005, 14:02
D-bot,

The only people in this thread insulting anybody are the newbies themselves. The rest of us are just being straight shooters and providing down to earth good advice such as "never wipe your cock on another man's curtains" or "stop being such an idiot" which are both helpful tips with real world practicality.

Ini
October 21st, 2005, 14:18
you're telling me, crusty curtains are the quickest way to outstay a welcome

Fyrey
October 21st, 2005, 14:22
This explains a lot.

Ini
October 21st, 2005, 14:24
yeah about your curtains.......it was the special needs kid

daneish
October 21st, 2005, 14:31
No cock on the curtains. Check. This is the kind of relevent info we newbies need here. Keep em commin, I have my pen at the ready.

Ini
October 21st, 2005, 14:41
as tempting as it is to rest your glass on top of the japanese ambassadors tiny head at the reception don't do it. He was not amused and my attempts to cheer him up by tickling him only made matters worse

Doomer
October 21st, 2005, 14:45
You tried to tickle him? :smt005 Thats great!! :lol:

Auburn
October 21st, 2005, 15:57
The rest of us are just being straight shooters and providing down to earth good advice such as "never wipe your cock on another man's curtains" or "stop being such an idiot" which are both helpful tips with real world practicality.

lol... fuckin' brilliant...