PDA

View Full Version : Study Abroad Transcript

mveso
October 26th, 2005, 10:55
New to the forum here. I'm looking for some help from those in the know.

I studied abroad while in college, and as we all know, JET asks for an official transcript for the courses I took there. This is fine and all, but it would be impoosible/a huge pain in the ass to obtain a transcript from them (I've tried before).

Here's where my question comes in: Could I just use me official transcript from my home country Uni? It has the courses taken (as in Japanese 3rd year, etc.), the dates (more like terms) attended, and the grade received. However, it does not exactly state the name of the uni.

So, has anybody dealt with this before, or know if this will disqualify me? It would suck to be disqualified for such a minor infraction. Also, I have contacted JET about this, they were extremely unclear.

Ini
October 26th, 2005, 11:01
The parchments I set to the winds was only enscribed by one of my pillars of learning, It just said "spent abroad at ******* University" for the time spent away from the Hulls hallowed halls of knowledge.

dobharrison
October 26th, 2005, 11:26
Here's where my question comes in: Could I just use me official transcript from my home country Uni? It has the courses taken (as in Japanese 3rd year, etc.), the dates (more like terms) attended, and the grade received. However, it does not exactly state the name of the uni.

I don't see why this would be a problem, but why don't you speak to people who can actually tell you: the embassy!

October 26th, 2005, 15:56
:)

quasarsglow
October 26th, 2005, 16:23
The first time I applied, I had the study abroad transcript handy. The second time, after moving twice and finishing a Master's Degree, I didn't. The grades and the names of the courses were on my undergrad transcript and they didn't ask me about anything else, but I'm pretty sure the name of the uni was on my transcript as well.

I'd call if I was worried about it.

ther0027
October 26th, 2005, 17:34
I was unable to get a copy of my study abroad transcript. I had the study abroad office write a letter saying that, yes, I did study abroad and the grades on my transcript were correct. It worked for me. But that is what they told me to do after I called the consulate and it might be different this year.

mveso
October 27th, 2005, 03:49
Thanks for the responses.

I did call the embassy once and they gave me the run around. That's why I came here. I ended up asking again, and they told me that I should just get a letter from my Uni, though this was still vague. Whatever. Just more work to do on this application.

Thanks again.

dobharrison
October 27th, 2005, 08:53
It sounds like you just need a letter from someone in your department saying that you studied abroad between the specified times. I can't see that being a problem with your application.