PDA

View Full Version : credit check?

Quaggenzocker
November 10th, 2005, 10:46
Hello,

Anyone here know if JET checks your credit history in deciding if they are going to offer you a position? I'm asking this because my credit rating is pretty bad and it has kept me from getting three good jobs that I was offered... until they checked my credit score. :(

thanks

Doomer
November 10th, 2005, 10:47
No..They never did a credit check on me...and ive never heard of them doing one so im gonna say that youve got nothing to worry about!!

Cynthia
November 10th, 2005, 18:29
Shouldn't be an issue.

merc
November 10th, 2005, 19:26
sure as hell hope not

Doomer
November 10th, 2005, 19:47
Trust me...its not a problem...the program cant afford to run that many credit checks...

November 20th, 2005, 13:50
Hello,

Anyone here know if JET checks your credit history in deciding if they are going to offer you a position? I'm asking this because my credit rating is pretty bad and it has kept me from getting three good jobs that I was offered... until they checked my credit score. :(

thanks

What the hell kinda employer checks your credit score before hiring you?

I would expect that most people straight outta university would have pretty low credit scores anyway...

dobharrison
November 20th, 2005, 22:40

I'm wondering the same thing! What employer would have the right to know that kind of information!?!

Doomer
November 21st, 2005, 08:07

I'm wondering the same thing! What employer would have the right to know that kind of information!?!

Public agencies...when i applied to the sherriffs department they ran a credit check on me...but as far as i know its just govt jobs...

OP where were you applying that checked your credit?

Dynamis
November 21st, 2005, 10:29
Financial institutions almost always require credit checks, and wont employ people with bad credit. Eg, people with debt are more likely to be tempted to steal or be pressured into it.

I've been credit checked for a 6 week summer job. But then, maybe i just look shifty.

JET does not credit check.

Matt

Quaggenzocker
November 22nd, 2005, 02:23
I was turned down for a position as a Japanese translator after initially being hired because they ran my credit check and decided that they didn't want me after all. The other two jobs were for call centers.

By the way, Target, the retail chain, checks the credit of all applicants, no matter the postion. Seriously.

Shinikenshi
November 22nd, 2005, 09:19
That's pretty weak sauce. As far as I can tell, JET does not do such a thing and for that matter I have no idea what use that information would be to them as your credit is effectively useless for attaining anything credit-related in Japan anyway.

-Chris

Quaggenzocker
November 22nd, 2005, 10:47
Well, thanks for the reassurance. I have become become paranoid about the whole credit history thing, I guess. Getting booted out of your dream job _after_ being hired but before you start working can do that to you. :D

dobharrison
November 22nd, 2005, 10:49
I'm really shocked by this! Why should it matter how you handle your personal finances!?!

Doomer
November 22nd, 2005, 23:03
I'm really shocked by this! Why should it matter how you handle your personal finances!?!

Some think that it is an indicator of how well you can control yourself... :?

dobharrison
November 22nd, 2005, 23:53

Would they also consider my sexual history, then? Or how about how late I stay up at night?

November 23rd, 2005, 03:09

I think military/Federal agencies/Law enforcement do it because if you're deep in debt you might be tempted to take money/bribes to get yourself outta debt.

I guess it's the same reason they wouldn't let a junkie work in the evidence lockup room at the police station...

Quaggenzocker
November 23rd, 2005, 06:28

It gets even better: my poor credit score is due to unpaid hospital bills. It had nothing to do with my own financial responsibility. I have no credit card debt, unpaid utilities, loans, or rent delinquincies. It was all hospital bills. Hilarious, eh?

Quaggenzocker
November 23rd, 2005, 06:30

Would they also consider my sexual history, then? Or how about how late I stay up at night?

Well, no one checks those things as far as I know. But if they soon start, I will not be at all surprised.

dobharrison
November 23rd, 2005, 10:41
Well, damn.

That sucks about your bills, Quaggenzocker.

Doomer
November 23rd, 2005, 13:25

It gets even better: my poor credit score is due to unpaid hospital bills. It had nothing to do with my own financial responsibility. I have no credit card debt, unpaid utilities, loans, or rent delinquincies. It was all hospital bills. Hilarious, eh?

Well that just sucks...the irony of it is just sad :(