PDA

View Full Version : Group A Jets

richuk
May 27th, 2004, 21:26
Hi all,

I'm in Group A (Obviously, I guess). All you other group A Jets get your names up here and celebrate the fact that you're in the best group. Purely by Definition. Simple as that!

Also, I was placed in Kobe city. Anybody else heading for Kobe, or the Hyogo Prefecture?

See you all in Uxbridge. Uxbridge Goddamn it! The Metropolitan line sucks, so all you none London based Jets (who may not be aware of the general crapness of certain tube lines) allow plenty of time for getting to Brunel....

anyway, looking forward to meeting you all,

Ricardo

Cornelius
May 27th, 2004, 21:40
Hi Ricardo.

Group A here. Iwate Prefecture.

From your knowledge of transit times, how long do you think it will take to get to Brunel? Even a guesstimate would be welcome. I'm very interested as I'll be flying in from Belfast.

Colin.

Jonathan
May 27th, 2004, 22:02
Hiya

Group A too!

Tanegashima - Kagoshima Prefucture

See you at Brunel! :wink:

Jonathan

xx

Alex
May 27th, 2004, 22:10
I'm Group A too - see you all there ;-)

dobharrison
May 27th, 2004, 22:54
Hi, I'm Group B!

Just kidding, I'm in Group A with you lot. I'm thinking of going to London the evening before and staying overnight. Do any of you know somewhere cheap to stay, preferably not the Youth Hostel!

Oh, and I'll be in Hiroshima-ken.

Shotokai
May 27th, 2004, 23:12
group A here. oika ken.
see you all in london.

Yakaji
May 28th, 2004, 00:07
I'm group A!

'Course I live in the rebel colonies.

Shotokai
May 28th, 2004, 00:41
damn you rebel colonies, if it weren't for the f****in french we would have held on to you. :roll:

imagine that, somewhere out there is a parrallel universe where briton held onto all of it's colonies and the world was one big country!!! ah makes me think of the glory days.

*fade to black.*

Dave
May 28th, 2004, 02:04
ah, those lovely Frenchies. Merci beaucoup, la France!

katharine
May 28th, 2004, 02:30
I'll be in group A as well.. don't have my placement yet though. You guys'll know as soon as I do. :cry:

akira
May 28th, 2004, 02:34
Also group A. Though like Katharine, us Emerald City-ites still don't know what ground we'll be stomping.

What a lovely trajectory: this uncertainty.

Yakaji
May 28th, 2004, 10:23
Ahh, I'd happily become a citizen of the Crown, myself. I have no beef with you poms. If any of you want to try to recruit me into your close-knit circle of FPBs at Tokyo Orientation, please feel free. I'll gladly provide Colonial-style entertainment and discussion.

Jonathan
May 28th, 2004, 10:33
Um, okay

:)

kellicopter
May 29th, 2004, 21:58
hey
im grp A as well
along with all the other south africans...if there are any

kell

kellicopter
May 29th, 2004, 22:00
rich uk

im about 1.5 hrs away from Kobe (across the sea and on shikoku---tokushima)

so u are invited to my HOUSE party mid august

bye
kel

Becky
May 31st, 2004, 01:45
Hi,
I'm in group A too. Shimane prefecture. Is everyone in group A going to the champagne reception on the eighth? I think I might have to miss it as it either means staying in London for two extra nights or coming home and going back to London again. Will it be worth it?
Becks

akira
May 31st, 2004, 02:19
Hi,
Is everyone in group A going to the champagne reception on the eighth?
Becks

No fair! The Brits get champagne?! In Seattle we'll be the lucky recipients of a "Pizza JET-Together".

Alcohol would really be choice.

koitten
May 31st, 2004, 16:09
How bout an nice local microbrew?
There's always after the "Pizza JET-Together." J&M anyone... :wink:

Logan5
May 31st, 2004, 18:03
Hi,
I'm in group A too. Shimane prefecture.

I too am in Group A and headed for the party that never ends, otherwise known as Shimane prefecture. :D

Cya in July-
-JCH

nitrate
May 31st, 2004, 18:55
Group A living in Manchester. My parents live in Wembley so i'll be coming down the night befor and staying at theirs. I'm heading for Okinawa.

May try and swap my groups though cos i have a close friends wedding on 25 July which i really don't wanna miss.

Looking forward to meeing you all

A

campa86
June 1st, 2004, 11:27
Group A SUCKA!!!!!!!

WE ROCK WE KNOW IT, LETS ALL GO FOR SOME PINTS WHEN WE HIT TOKYO. LOOK J-PAN!!!!

shankfulk
June 2nd, 2004, 07:14
group A, Kagoshima pref.
Jonathan... you, me, lets talk baby!
Shan

Jonathan
June 2nd, 2004, 07:34
Wow,

Someone not only wants to talk to me but they called me baby! :wink:

Hi Shan,

Do you know whereabouts in Kagoshima you're off to? I'll be on Tanegashima island. Kagoshima looks fantastic, I'll be very jealous of you if you're on the mainland. I'm gonna be taking lots of trips over to Kag city, I would love to check out Sakurajima, the big scary volcano! :)

Stay in touch, feel free to e-mail, pm, whatever. I might well see you at orientation!

Jonathan

xx

katharine
June 2nd, 2004, 07:56
Ooh Shan and Jon, sittin' in a tree...

How come no cute boys from Mie ken are talking to me??

gan8sha
June 2nd, 2004, 08:40
I'm Group A as well...and am posted to Fukushima-ken. Anyone else out there going to Fukushima????? Anyone.....Anyone.......

http://www.80s.com/saveferris/images/cast/stein.jpg[/img]

nitrate
June 2nd, 2004, 08:48
Wow,

I'm gonna be taking lots of trips over to Kag city, I would love to check out Sakurajima, the big scary volcano! :)

I've been to Sakurajima. In fact i've been in the Onsens inside the thing. Its amazing! I had a friend who was a JET in Chiran in Kag Prefecture who I went to stay with a few years ago. If anyone has been placed in Chiran Village I have stayed in your house!!!

Peter
June 3rd, 2004, 00:42
Anyone else going there? I basically know nobody, my friends who are also doing JET are in group B. Swell.

Will be coming from manchester - is that going to take forever?

shmousie
June 4th, 2004, 00:01
Ricardo,

Hey, I'm Group A, Kobe city as well! Just found out yesterday!

Nice to meet you!

Erin

nitrate
June 4th, 2004, 00:57
Will be coming from manchester - is that going to take forever?

Another JET bound person from Manchester? I'd given up hope. I'm from Manchester, also in Group A. Where you headed Peter?

Peter
June 4th, 2004, 01:55
Hey.

I know what you mean, it seems like everybody on here is from the south.

I am going to Hyogo-ken, with no further placement information. I'm trying not to let that bother me. Last time I was in Japan, I was studying in Tokyo, and so anywhere I go is going to seem a little small. How about you?

Also, I techinically won't be coming from Manchester - live in Warrington now, but am originally from a small town, Urmston. Know it?

Can't believe it's a two day orientation. Useless info a-plenty.

Dulcinea
June 4th, 2004, 12:48
I'm also group A going to Hokkaido.

adammoogle
June 5th, 2004, 18:46
hey there!

got my placement details and jet info pack today :) I'm confirmed to be going to Tottori - ken, Yonago - shi :D

and oddly enough, according to the info the've sent me, i'm departing in group A on the 24th July, but it says I'm having UK orientation with group B on the 7th and 8th... :?: might have to check that, but I suppose it gives me a chance to meet more of you lovely people!

kellicopter
June 5th, 2004, 19:20
moogle

i hope you are in grp A with me.. you can give me my guinea pig

how long do ginea pigs live for

kell

adammoogle
June 5th, 2004, 19:32
up to about 8 years unless you've got some freakish mutated one...u lucky person u! :)

oooops, my toast is burning!

Jonathan
June 5th, 2004, 21:37
Wahey!

Fingers crossed that you'll be in group A Adam!

:P

adammoogle
June 6th, 2004, 06:47
just reading the names of all the group A jets,

look at all the cool people!

were gunna have a blast in tokyo, and not just because of daves rocket! :D

Dulcinea
June 6th, 2004, 09:57
Not so,

I'm in group A, too.

professor_chimpenstein
June 6th, 2004, 22:17
Hey mooglesan! - I have recieved the fact that im in group A but another sheet says im at the Group B orientation on the 7th.

Did you call them about this? - what did they say? Im just concerned that they might have sent me the wrong sheet.

Big up to the Group A masiiiiivvvvveeeee!

James

Mac_North
June 7th, 2004, 18:03
group A is the best

end of line

dobharrison
June 7th, 2004, 18:16
Is it true that Group B are all gay? I'm sure it mentioned that in the info pack.

:)

stinky_hippie
June 10th, 2004, 03:58
Howdy-

I'm in group A. Hyogo-ken prefecture. The only other thing I know is that I will be hitting my head on a lot of doorways.

professor_chimpenstein
June 10th, 2004, 05:41
hi there fellow group A's.

In case you havent heard I have to go to group B's orientation so I just thought I'd sneak a sly post in here where they would never think of looking.

Iv decided that I might as well use my time in group B to our advantage by doing a little bit of reconnosance work or 'spying' if you will.

So what type of pictures / info / stuff should i be trying to retreive?

Wink, :wink: Wink, :wink: nudge :arrow: , nudge :arrow: - say no more!

Stealth James

dobharrison
June 10th, 2004, 17:33
.|..

*insert rolf harris impression* Can you work out what the ASCII picture is yet?

Hint: the plural version comes in chocolate flavour

4 Dairy Milk bars, but 3 have fallen over???

That's a lovely thought for us Group A people! Thanks, Paul! I love Dairy Milk!