PDA

View Full Version : Stapling documents in application packet

WedoJaG
November 19th, 2005, 06:28
First of all, thanks for any help I received from this board. I'm done with my application and I'm getting it all ready to send out. But I have another quick question. I know that it says not to staple the application but to collate it and paperclip it. Is it alright to staple individual portions of the package such as the SOP or even the 8-page application. Or should I just leave everything loose and paperclip them in order?

dobharrison
November 19th, 2005, 09:00
If it says not to staple them, then maybe you shouldn't. Just paper clip them.

Dynamis
November 21st, 2005, 09:13
Dont staple. They will almost certainly send it to japan and it will get binned. but they cant bin (recylcle) paper with staples here. I've spend entire days at the office removing staples from waste paper.

So, think of my bleeding fingers, and just use paperclips, ok??

Matt

PS. I have no idea if that's why, but stapling when it says no staples will land your app in the "stoopid" pile.

shadowrook
November 21st, 2005, 12:44
It's probably because those sheets get set to different people, who need them at different times, for different reasons. Thus it's impractical to keep ripping staples out.

However, my friend had a really good thought about why they ask for no staples, but three paperclips. "The JET Programme was spending too much money on office supplies, so they just decided to cut back on their paperclip budget by getting applicants to send in their packages with paperclips. In fact, they probably don't even read half of them, just rip off the paperclips and trash the applications."

Shotokai
November 21st, 2005, 14:03
that is a funny thought. I sent my application in those clear plastic wallets you put in ring binders. it was good enough and all the sections were clear.