PDA

View Full Version : Application sent in!!!

shadowrook
November 20th, 2005, 01:15
Yay!

I'm done...I'm done...

*slowly begins to realize that he has 2 months of waiting before any correspondence, followed by another 3 months of waiting to find out if he got in*

...I'm...going to have to find a way to occupy my time for a little while.

I'm sure all of us that are applying will feel this stress of not knowing for the next half a year.

Ladama
November 20th, 2005, 03:10
congradulations!

i still need my letter of reference from my sensei . . . and to write the essay. gack!

Doomer
November 20th, 2005, 10:09
Good for you!! Now kick back relax and enjoy the holidays and the spare time before you get to panic all over again for the interview!!!

Dynamis
November 21st, 2005, 09:10
Forget about JET for the next few months.

Doomer
November 21st, 2005, 11:58
Forget about JET for the next few months.

and enjoy the peace of mind that will bring you!!

Happy Holidays!!

shadowrook
November 22nd, 2005, 04:52
I will enjoy the peace of mind in receiving confirmation that my application got there (from Canada Post), and then from the Japanese Embassy when they send me my postcard back. =P

After that point, I'll occupy myself with other things.

Danimalcrackers
November 23rd, 2005, 10:47
Finally sent in my application tonight. It barely fit inside the white envelope that comes with the paper application. What a major pain in the a$$, too, making sure everything is filled out properly and in order... in triplicate. I'm going to have a belt and completely forget about it... well, at least I will when I get my return envelope.

Gareth
November 24th, 2005, 06:59
I'll be hand delivering mine tomorrow (taking a sickie to do it).

My university professor made me wait till tuesday to get the reference, and I dont trust Royal Mail to deliver it.

Good luck to everyone else, and thanks to those on this site who I have been reading whilst lurking here for the last week or so.

Doomer
November 24th, 2005, 07:10
Hope you found everything useful Gareth!! And welcome to the board!!

Ladama
November 24th, 2005, 08:15
congradulations!

i still need my letter of reference from my sensei . . . and to write the essay. gack!

Yea, .. congratulations.... oh, get over yourself :roll:

November 26th, 2005, 19:56
I'll be hand delivering mine tomorrow (taking a sickie to do it).

My university professor made me wait till tuesday to get the reference, and I dont trust Royal Mail to deliver it.

Good luck to everyone else, and thanks to those on this site who I have been reading whilst lurking here for the last week or so.

Nice avatar Gareth.

Gareth
November 26th, 2005, 20:57
Why, thank you. Fan of the Captain?

November 27th, 2005, 02:26
Why, thank you. Fan of the Captain?

I have "Safe as Milk" "Mirror Man Sessions" and the "Grow Fins" box set. His other stuff is a little too off-beat for me. But yeah, I'd consider myself a fan. You're of no relation to Ray and Dave, are you?

Gareth
November 27th, 2005, 03:30
No, unless my mother knew them better than I think.

sweetadeline
November 30th, 2005, 03:47
My application was received at the consulate last wednesday. I can't handle waiting this long to find out! I applied with my fiancee. Any idea if that is a help or hindrance as far as getting accepted? Do you know of a lot of people who got split up (one gets in one doesn't)? That's my biggest fear right now. My friend in Ueda said he thinks it's a good thing because they may see it as a good way for you to deal and help each other get over culture shock.

I need to stop thinking about it. :?

Doomer
November 30th, 2005, 07:07
You can check the Newb FAQ sweetadeline....I believe we answered that question (as well as many others) there! :)

KateC
November 30th, 2005, 09:16
Just dropped my application off at the Embassy...and am starting to freak out about the 25% acceptance rate! I don't know where I read that it was more like 50%....F me!! :evil:

do you think it will help that i have taught for 2 years already?

also...does anybody have a back up plan if you get denied by JET? other programs in Japan? or other countries?

Alex_X
November 30th, 2005, 10:15
Just dropped my application off at the Embassy...and am starting to freak out about the 25% acceptance rate! I don't know where I read that it was more like 50%....F me!! :evil:

also...does anybody have a back up plan if you get denied by JET? other programs in Japan? or other countries?

Yeah, I am fully aware that I might not even get an interview, their loss. I know over 20 people who have applied for JET in previous years that didn't get in and only a small handful got interviews. I definitely have a back up plan. I have already applied for 2 other programs. JET is crazy because everyone knows about it and wants to get in, but a lot of people don't do enough research to realize that there are other programs, good programs, besides JET.

merc
November 30th, 2005, 16:41

Im gunna go independantly if JET is a no go. It seems there are plenty of jobs over there. I haven't heard much good about NOVA etc. but its not supposed to be hard to get a job independantly. Check out www.daveseslcafe.com job board.

Ladama
December 1st, 2005, 02:35

Last year it was about 25% but I know a guy who did JET who said he's heard it's been as high as 50%, it just depends on the interest. Either way, the odds are pretty good. But don't stress, not many applicants know that much about japan, and even fewer have experience with children, so I'm sure your teaching experience will be a big plus.

I'm debating whether I would go for a difference program if I am not accepted, but I'm pretty confident in my chances so I try not to think about not getting accepted.

TomB
December 1st, 2005, 03:04
DON'T worry about it anymore. You've done all you can do and there is nothing more you can do until you get the card saying you've gotten an interview or not. RELAX and enjoy the Holidays.

:D

December 2nd, 2005, 04:09
DON'T worry about it anymore. You've done all you can do and there is nothing more you can do until you get the card saying you've gotten an interview or not. RELAX and enjoy the Holidays.

But I can't wait. Can somebody just tell me if I'm in or not. Use a magic 8 ball or something.

Thanks.

Auburn
December 2nd, 2005, 09:25

But I can't wait. Can somebody just tell me if I'm in or not. Use a magic 8 ball or something.

Thanks.

http://javascript.internet.com/games/magic8.html

Magic 8ball says... "How should I know?"

Actually, that was kind of disappointing.

December 2nd, 2005, 11:02
Grr. It didn't even listen to me. Jerk.

"Sorry, I wasn't listening"

Time to flip a coin.