PDA

View Full Version : Confirmation?

sweetadeline
December 5th, 2005, 05:00
I got mine in the mail yesterday! :D Now all that's left is to wait until February. Good God, that seems like a long time!

Doomer
December 5th, 2005, 08:05
Good for you!! :) enjoy your holidays and your time off from the process!! Keep us posted!!! :^_^:

Ladama
December 8th, 2005, 14:36
how long ago did you send your application in? I eagerly look in my mail every day, but I know it probably won't come for a while because it only got there the day before arriving, about the time when everyone else's got there to.

Ock
December 8th, 2005, 14:39
retired

Danimalcrackers
December 8th, 2005, 23:00
American Applicants won't be interviewed until February. According to the JET 2006 Application Procedure (http://www.us.emb-japan.go.jp/JETProgram/application_proceedure.html), the screening process is in December/January, and the interviews are in February:

INITIAL SCREENING: December 2005/January 2006
Applications will be screened initially at the Embassy during December 2005 and January 2006. All applicants will be notified by the end of January or early February regarding the status of their application. Do not call the Embassy to check on the status of your application.

INTERVIEWS: February 2006
During February 2006, those applicants who pass the initial screening are then interviewed at the Embassy or one of the 16 Japanese consulates located in the U.S. and Guam (or other designated interview locations as listed in Table 1), as specified by the applicant on the application form.

Danimalcrackers
December 8th, 2005, 23:02
how long ago did you send your application in? I eagerly look in my mail every day, but I know it probably won't come for a while because it only got there the day before arriving, about the time when everyone else's got there to.
Ladama,
Even though I sent mine in early, it still took about 9 or 10 days. One of my friend's just got his yesterday, but we live in the D.C. area. Even so, it shouldn't be too long, now.

sweetadeline
December 9th, 2005, 00:36

Mine got there the day before thanksgiving - the 23rd i guess? About a week before dealine.

sweetadeline
December 9th, 2005, 00:37

Mine got there the day before thanksgiving - the 23rd i guess? About a week before dealine.

dude
December 9th, 2005, 13:15
ok it's good to know that some other people still haven't gotten theirs either. I'm still anxiously looking in my mailbox every day. hopefully it'll come tomorrow

Ladama
December 10th, 2005, 10:12
just got my card, only took about 10 days too. Now the wait . . . I'm just going to try to put in the back of my mind.

merc
December 11th, 2005, 22:26
Got mine today. (the 11th). Application got to embassy on the 25th November.

dude
December 13th, 2005, 07:09
finally got it today. I was getting a bit nervous.

Zander
December 17th, 2005, 07:07
I received my confirmation card today in the mail. Time to relax until late January or early February :D.

December 17th, 2005, 13:08
I received my confirmation card today in the mail. Time to relax until late January or early February :D.

Nice. I guess that does give you a couple of months to work on that avatar. :wink: