PDA

View Full Version : Interview!!! Yaaaay!!!

Purge
December 23rd, 2005, 22:55
Whoo-hoo!!! I got an interview on 23rd Jan in London!!! My sister brought the letter to work and i was so happy I actually smiled at the customers! :D

Right, now to book those megabus tickets (£2.50 return to Manchester!). I'm just waiting for the nerves to kick in now! :?

Any other UK JET applicants heard anything?

Hannah
December 23rd, 2005, 23:02
Congrats on getting the first ITIL interview Purge!

Lanithro
December 23rd, 2005, 23:06
Mine's on the seventeenth. The day before my end-of-term essays are due in. *mournful look*

Fancy swapping with me, Purge?

Purge
December 23rd, 2005, 23:22
Mine's on the seventeenth. The day before my end-of-term essays are due in. *mournful look*

Fancy swapping with me, Purge?

Heh heh! I would, just to get it over with! :D Don't think JET would be too appreciative though!

Congrats on getting the first ITIL interview Purge!

Cheers Hannah! :D

Ladama
December 26th, 2005, 10:05
hmm, I wonder if their sending out interview dates in the US yet? I was thinking "Oh, they don't have interviews until late Jan/early Feb." But that's not to far away . . . eek.

Anyway, congrats, you two, on getting past the first round. :D

Ko-neko
December 26th, 2005, 13:38
Omedeto folks. Well done. Good luck at the interviews!

KN

peter7182
January 3rd, 2006, 05:42
Congrats to you guys who got your interview dates. I got an interview the 24th in London too. Am v excited and it made my Christmas! The only downside is that I have been offered a new job which starts on the 23rd. I'll definately go to the interview tho, I want to go on JET so much!

Purge
January 3rd, 2006, 06:16
Congrats to you guys who got your interview dates. I got an interview the 24th in London too. Am v excited and it made my Christmas! The only downside is that I have been offered a new job which starts on the 23rd. I'll definately go to the interview tho, I want to go on JET so much!

Congratulations!!!

Oh, a word of advice for those strapped-for-cash wannabe JETS going to interview in London...

Megabus.

If you book early enough you could go from Manchester (and other places) to London for just £2.50 return! And it IS a legitimate company! :)

www.megabus.com

This, combined with free accomnodation at my mate's sister's house, makes for one cheap and cheerful trip...which means I may actually be able to afford a pint in London! :D

tom82517
January 5th, 2006, 00:32
z.

Purge
January 5th, 2006, 01:02
Hi and welcome!!! :smt006
One of my friends applied this year and is still waiting for an interview letter. She's phoning on friday if she hasn't received one by then. I'd give them to the end of the week at least and phone anytime after that.

Doomer
January 5th, 2006, 11:00
Thats great news purge!! Now ace that interview and come shiga...i need someone to play with!!! :wink:

Purge
January 5th, 2006, 22:22
Thats great news purge!! Now ace that interview and come shiga...i need someone to play with!!! :wink:

Er...i ain't THAT friendly... :lol:

tom82517
January 6th, 2006, 02:58
z.

Huginn
January 6th, 2006, 04:11
You're not alone tom, I'm another UK applicant who hasn't heard anything yet.

I do have a plan B, but plan A sounds much more exciting!

tom82517
January 6th, 2006, 21:01
z.

Huginn
January 6th, 2006, 21:02
Congrats tom, good luck with the interview!

Purge
January 7th, 2006, 00:20
Congratulations Tom!!! :D

Good luck Huggin!

January 9th, 2006, 02:51
Hey, I'm new to the board as well. I just confirmed my interview for February.

Just curious how good my chances are from this point on?

Cartersparkles
January 10th, 2006, 03:35
Hi everyone. I'm so glad I found this message board online. I thought I would have to deal with my interview all alone. Thank god for you guys!

Anyway, I'm freaking out a little bit because I just read this thread. I'm Canadian and I got my letter in December telling me that I had been selected for an interview but that I would be notified again in January of the actual day and time of the interview.

Is it in the 2nd letter that you were told about the grammar test and the self-introduction? There was absolutely no mention of anything of that nature in my letter! :?:

Shotokai
January 10th, 2006, 06:50
it seems that eash country has its own style of interview and even these change from year to year.

I interveiwed in London a few years ago, and had a grammer test. it wasn't hard, also had a uk knowledge and Japan knowledge test, these I think are for those who are wavering between a yes and no reply.

but in Canada things may be different, one thing is certain though, they will tell you if you are expected to do anything other than speak to a panel.

dobharrison
January 10th, 2006, 11:55
also had a uk knowledge and Japan knowledge test, these I think are for those who are wavering between a yes and no reply.

Really? What makes you say this?

Shotokai
January 10th, 2006, 13:22
hmm...I agree that wasn't very clear ne?

ok, what I meant was, that I think the tests are purely so they can decide between two good interviews, two who scored the same on the interviews and essay and application, but need some defining factor.