PDA

View Full Version : DC Interview

Sean53180
January 11th, 2006, 07:45
I dont know about the other areas but i contacted the DC consulate about a change of address and i asked when the letters would be sent out and this is what they responded with,

"Letters should be sent out by the end of the month letting know whether
or not you were selected for an interview."

So I guess just two more weeks or so to find out if i get to the next stage. :D

Danimalcrackers
January 11th, 2006, 22:05
I dont know about the other areas but i contacted the DC consulate about a change of address and i asked when the letters would be sent out and this is what they responded with,

"Letters should be sent out by the end of the month letting know whether
or not you were selected for an interview."

So I guess just two more weeks or so to find out if i get to the next stage. :D
Damn... the title of this thread got me all worked up. I thought for sure someone was bragging about getting an interview in DC. I'm actually glad that we won't know until the end of January because I'm in Taiwan right now, and I can't be there to check my mail.

Doomer
January 11th, 2006, 22:52
You on vacation Danimal? If so enjoy...id like to visit Taiwan while im over here...Hope you get an interview!!! :)

KateC
January 24th, 2006, 13:02
How many DC JET's are there out there?
When I went to the Embassy to drop my application off, there was a huge box full of applications. I cannot WAIT to hear if I get an interview or not...im so anxious to know already.

I read in one post that we might hear by e-mail? I wish they were more organized!! Does anyone know for sure if we will have to do any of the things that other countries require, like a presentation (mock lesson) or a grammar test?

How much turn around time will we have after we're notified until the date of the interview? Any idea how many dates you can choose from for the interview?

Doomer
January 24th, 2006, 13:05
From LA:

I got my notice about 2 or 3 weeks before they started interviews and there were 3 or 4 choices i believe...i didnt get either choice and they scheduled me at a different time...

interview times are a first come first served basis...so figure it out fast and mail it fast (your interview form thingie)!!!

Cynthia
January 24th, 2006, 18:20
From Miami:

I got notice 2-3 weeks in advance and got NO choice about my interview time (thankfully my boss was very flexible). I didn't have a self-intro or grammar test or mock lesson, although I prepared for them all just in case. I mostly just got asked about my application/ essay.

Sean53180
January 26th, 2006, 08:56
Anyone out of DC heard anything yet?

Danimalcrackers
January 26th, 2006, 09:01
I just got an e-mail notifying me of my interview in DC. According to the e-mail, interviews will be held February 15th - 17th. Scheduling will be done online.

KateC
January 26th, 2006, 09:17
AHHH you received an email notification??
now im starting to get nervous, what if i wrote my email wrong or something and i don't get it! do you think they will send a hard copy too?
do they notify you either way?

Ladama
January 26th, 2006, 09:19
AHHH you received an email notification??
now im starting to get nervous, what if i wrote my email wrong or something and i don't get it! do you think they will send a hard copy too?
do they notify you either way? it seems those with interviews are getting an email and a letter, but if you didn't make it, you're just getting a letter. I'm worried as well, i haven't gotten anything yet, I just hope it still out there in cyber space.

KateC
January 26th, 2006, 10:06
I just received an email...but everyone be careful--make sure you check your JUNK MAIL!! my jet letter was in there, stupid hotmail. so now i need to reset my settings so that no more jet letters are immediatley put there.
good luck dc jets!!

once everyone hears we need to get everyones emails together and make a group.

Ladama
January 26th, 2006, 10:30
I just received an email...but everyone be careful--make sure you check your JUNK MAIL!! my jet letter was in there, stupid hotmail. so now i need to reset my settings so that no more jet letters are immediatley put there.
good luck dc jets!!

once everyone hears we need to get everyones emails together and make a group. wow, congrats. I'm too scared to check, but it sounds like they're taking their time emailing and didn't just do it all at once. (these jet people like to take their time) Maybe i'll get the courage to check later . . . . i must pray now

Sean53180
January 27th, 2006, 06:38
So when do you all think its to late to get an email? Like when should i give up hope that im not getting an interview? Perhaps the 31st or so?

Gratz to all who got an interview.