PDA

View Full Version : Couples Continued...

dobharrison
January 20th, 2006, 11:08
Seeing as Doomer so helpfully locked the thread for no reason, I may as well post my reply here.

My ex and I applied together and said we were engaged. We didn't get interviewed together, but we were interviewed one after the other on the same day. They will make allowances and there was a space on the application form to write down whether you're engaged or not.

Ko-neko
January 20th, 2006, 11:29
Doomer locked the thread because this topic has been done to death. If people take the time, they can find the answers to all their questions in the faq or old posts.

KN

dobharrison
January 20th, 2006, 12:42
Ah, fair enough. It seemed a bit arbitrary to me - Doomer should have included more of a reason for locking it, in my opinion.

Whenever anyone makes a thread concerning something that has been thoroughly answered in another, will it be locked?

tash_bert
January 20th, 2006, 12:50
Ah, fair enough. It seemed a bit arbitrary to me - Doomer should have included more of a reason for locking it, in my opinion.

Whenever anyone makes a thread concerning something that has been thoroughly answered in another, will it be locked?

My thoughts exactly. May as well lock the majority of threads in that case. It's the nature of internet forums that thread topics keep getting rehashed as and when new users appear....

Shotokai
January 20th, 2006, 12:59
there's always room for a fresh opinion and discussion of any topic. if you feel it's been done to death then just don't contribute! it's really easy to do...you just don't click the thread.

plus I'm sure there is more to be said on the topic than the ITIL "golden faq", i mean that's hardly the last word on everything is it

(not knocking those who took the time to compile it though)

Doomer
January 20th, 2006, 16:35
Yeah well...i remember people griping not too long ago that people were constantly asking the same questions...that was the main reason i locked it...i too thought it had been done to death...but if you guys wanna keep on discussing it go right on ahead...ill unlock the old topic...twasnt arbitrary...just trying to do what i was brought on to do... :)

dobharrison
January 20th, 2006, 18:26
Yeah, I was one of those people griping! That doesn't mean the discussions shouldn't go ahead, though - if it bothered me that much I just wouldn't read them.

January 24th, 2006, 18:12
:)